Vladimir (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:15:46 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 02:56:06 PM by Vladimir

-
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:21:40 AM

Umm.. who are you and why do you know these things?

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:26:41 AM

For what is worth. Based on some information that is not public and that I have no intention to disclose, things are happening behind closed doors. There are some serious projects are being underwritten and financed and negotiated right now. If these projects come to fruition, which is likely to happen within 2 years time frame, the accessibility of Bitcoin investments to general public will be ubiquitous.

Anyone parting with his coins at current silly prices is going to deeply regret it by year 2015.

That's a pretty fucking sleezy post.  It adds absolutely  nothing to the consciousness of the situation, there is no information, only blarney and it is a blatant attempt at manipulating the price for a quick gain. I'm embarrassed for you.

And I'm a bitcoin enthusiast!

You appear to be a manipulating opportunist.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:31:54 AM

For what is worth. Based on some information that is not public and that I have no intention to disclose, things are happening behind closed doors. There are some serious projects are being underwritten and financed and negotiated right now. If these projects come to fruition, which is likely to happen within 2 years time frame, the accessibility of Bitcoin investments to general public will be ubiquitous.

Anyone parting with his coins at current silly prices is going to deeply regret it by year 2015.

Speaking of hundreds of millions of people using Bitcoin, has that pesky 7 transactions per second cap been figured out yet? That might stop mass adoption.
Serenata

Activity: 250

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 06:37:45 AM

Dear Vladimir,
You took the time to write your post, which tells us nothing in particular and there is no way for us to tell if it's true or not. I have two questions for you:
1) Why did you do that?
2) What do you expect US to do after we read your post?

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:39:35 AM

He is an ex-Director of Bittalk Media Ltd. that used to publish famous Bitcoin Magazine.
It was his job to know things like one described in the original post.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:45:32 AM

Speaking of hundreds of millions of people using Bitcoin, has that pesky 7 transactions per second cap been figured out yet? That might stop mass adoption.
Sure. Just put the block size limit back to where it was before it was temporarily reduced to 1MB.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:47:31 AM

Sure. Just put the block size limit back to where it was before it was temporarily reduced to 1MB.

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not, I was under the impression the cap was always 1MB and set by Satoshi himself.
Wilikon
Legendary

Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:48:04 AM

Why should we be concerned one way or another about people "manipulating the market"?

What is bitcoin? Let will Smith tell you (Well... actually every time you hear a certain name, just switch it in your head with the word BITCOIN or NAKAMOTO (loud).
It will go up. It will go down. It cannot be destroyed even if it is.

http://youtu.be/ysoTtAon43Q

Cheesy Wink
WiW

Activity: 277

"The public is stupid, hence the public will pay"

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:50:02 AM

Just recently I was wondering, why wouldn't Warren Buffet publicly announce random stocks he's investing in, let the whole world go crazy to follow his lead and then sell? Like this post?

Please move to "specualtion"

+1

+1
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:52:03 AM

Please move to "specualtion"

Y'know... that might not be appropriate.

Consider:  a guy with UID #3380, who registered in Jan. 2011 posted this in Bitcoin Discussion.

Do you think that was a mistake?

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:17:53 AM

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not, I was under the impression the cap was always 1MB and set by Satoshi himself.
Your impression is incorrect, possibly because the idea that the 1 MB cap has always been present has been deliberately fostered by some people with agendas upon which I can only speculate.

Prior to September 2010 there was no protocol limit on block size, and Satoshi's email messages clearly indicated that he intended the network to scale to very large blocks in the future. MAX_BLOCK_SIZE was added as a temporary anti-spam rule and was always intended to be raised in the future when the network was capable of handing it and needed the extra capacity.

Those who say the limit was always present as a deliberate economic rule are dissembling.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153330.msg1636427#msg1636427

http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg09964.html
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:20:15 AM

Dear Vladimir,
You took the time to write your post, which tells us nothing in particular and there is no way for us to tell if it's true or not. I have two questions for you:
1) Why did you do that?
2) What do you expect US to do after we read your post?

Are you fcking stupid?

He wants price to keep going up.

If you have any idea, never listen to him. None of his projects.... ever succeed in the past.... cough... Bitcoin Magazine

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:34:30 AM

Your impression is incorrect, possibly because the idea that the 1 MB cap has always been present has been deliberately fostered by some people with agendas upon which I can only speculate.

Prior to September 2010 there was no protocol limit on block size, and Satoshi's email messages clearly indicated that he intended the network to scale to very large blocks in the future. MAX_BLOCK_SIZE was added as a temporary anti-spam rule and was always intended to be raised in the future when the network was capable of handing it and needed the extra capacity.

Those who say the limit was always present as a deliberate economic rule are dissembling.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153330.msg1636427#msg1636427

http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg09964.html

This makes me a little upset. If it wasn't intended and within the year this block size will hold the whole of the network back.

I suggested a solution to not having enough bandwidth or space for a null node that people could be a apart of smaller nodes and share the load.
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 07:39:08 AM

This makes me a little upset. If it wasn't intended and within the year this block size will hold the whole of the network back.
It seems like the limit will be increased eventually. Whether or not this happens before the transaction volume overtakes the current 1 MB maximum is an open question.

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/?p=135

There is a non-voluntary, hard-to-change, 1,000,000-bytes-of-transactions-per-block limit that needs to be raised.

And there is… uhh, “vigorous”… debate over when and how to change it. There are always debates over changing things; after the huge kerfuffle last year over multisignature transactions I had to step back and take a break when it was all over, I was so burned out from trying to respond to all the fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

I think a consensus on what to do is starting to emerge; I expect by my next development update we’ll have a plan.

The good news is we all learned a lot from that experience, so I’m confident that raising the 1MB limit will be only slightly painful for most people– you’ll just have to upgrade old Bitcoin software (which you should be doing regularly anyway).
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:22:02 AM

1. He is russian, russians are like that.
2. Let me guess...

If this is a really as BIG thing as Vladimir is describing it, then I can think of one thing:

Russia does not like dollar very much. China also. So do probably other asian countries. They may be conspiring to replace dollar in the role of world's reserve currency with Bitcoin.

If that is true, then price will skyrocket to about 100 x of what is it now, and even more.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:38:28 AM

If this is a really as BIG thing as Vladimir is describing it, then I can think of one thing:

Russia does not like dollar very much. China also. So do probably other asian countries. They may be conspiring to replace dollar in the role of world's reserve currency with Bitcoin.

LOL, nice one. But this kind of BIG is to a different Vladimir please.

Ok so then a smaller thing.

BTC Books

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:44:45 AM

LOL, nice one. But this kind of BIG is to a different Vladimir please.

Ok so then a smaller thing.

Cyprus could use a new currency.  That's small.

ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:00:06 AM

Regarding how big is BIG in Bitcoin. There is Vladimir's Axiom that I have published some long time ago.

"No entity with market cap larger than that of Bitcoin shall adopt it "

If that is true, then really really BIG for Bitcoin is something around half a Billion. This kind of excludes all the nation states. Cyprus, for comparison, needs about 20 billion USD to sort themselves out. Bitcoin is out of its league there so far.

And how BIG exactly will be this your "thing" ?

Can you at least give us a range - like "from 1 billion to 2 billion" ?

BTC Books

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:03:01 AM

Regarding how big is BIG in Bitcoin. There is Vladimir's Axiom that I have published some long time ago.

"No entity with market cap larger than that of Bitcoin shall adopt it "

If that is true, then really really BIG for Bitcoin is something around half a Billion. This kind of excludes all the nation states. Cyprus, for comparison, needs about 20 billion USD to sort themselves out. Bitcoin is out of its league there so far.

I like that axiom.

If bitcoin were a company, one would worry about a takeover if it confronted a larger entity.  As it is, bitcoin appears to be takeover-proof.

Oh - and bitcoin's M1 doesn't exclude all nation states, does it?  Your very own Parity Watch becomes more interesting...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: