Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 11685 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:39:17 PM

I can confirm that very big, positive things for bitcoin are happening behind closed doors Smiley

If u can't give more info let's play a game. Choose a word that decribes these things in the best way and let us know how many letters in the word and what the 1st letter is.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:40:17 PM

I'd call bull $#!t if it wasn't Vlad. What are you up to bro? Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:41:05 PM

This from the guy who has Bitcoins in the 6-digits worth USD in the 8-digits.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:43:55 PM

I'm going our on a limb here, but I have a guess:

Hats. All kinds of hats.  bitcoinhats.com

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:46:43 PM

A thread befitting of Matthew.  Wink

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 05:54:08 PM

I'm going our on a limb here, but I have a guess:

Hats. All kinds of hats.  bitcoinhats.com

Hmm...this is just crazy enough to work...this will be HUGE!

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 05:57:58 PM

I can confirm that very big, positive things for bitcoin are happening behind closed doors Smiley

I doubt this one, cause bitcoin foundation hasn't done anything beside have someone else redesign a website, after they asked too, and throw an overcharge conference.

Who said it has anything at all to do with the Bitcoin Foundation?

You conspiracy nuts are... nuts.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:14:55 PM

I doubt this one, cause bitcoin foundation hasn't done anything beside have someone else redesign a website, after they asked too, and throw an overcharge conference.

Who said it has anything at all to do with the Bitcoin Foundation?

You conspiracy nuts are... nuts.

What more closed then the bitcoin foundation, but if it has nothing to do with that, which I doubt, then share what does it involved gives us more information. LOL I like how you call me nuts indirectly, cause I am pretty sane LMAO
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 06:24:51 PM

Well,

While having absolutely no idea what Vladimir is talking about,

Yes - we have no doubt that things are playing out in the background. As you're one to trust, I take your words at face value. However, you must be aware of Vladimir's grandious personality, and due to his russian heritage (chuckle), you can be sure to know that at least 10% of what's coming from him is worth believing. With the current momentum bitcoin has, it's no wonder that things are happening behind the scenes. It will be interesting in the future to see what this is.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 06:29:56 PM

What more closed then the bitcoin foundation, but if it has nothing to do with that, which I doubt, then share what does it involved gives us more information. LOL I like how you call me nuts indirectly, cause I am pretty sane LMAO

The places you haven't even heard about.... Vladimir is not a member btw.

chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 07:10:49 PM

Wasn't talking about vlad, we all know he aint a member and I was talking to jgarzik, you can read the context right in that post.

If you stopped reading every post and taking other people on bitcointalk.org serious you'd have enough time to provide a good alternative to the Bitcoin Foundation....

Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:11:12 PM

Well,

While having absolutely no idea what Vladimir is talking about,

are you surfing the forums without pants again? Cheesy
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 08:48:12 PM

While there is a good possibility he does actually have insider knowledge, this 2 year, big things for bitcoin is a bit obvious, no? I would be VERY surprised if in two years we werent well on our way to ubiquity in some meat space niches and considered "mainstream" on the internet by then.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 22, 2013, 09:57:32 PM

When Cyprus end up one of the richest nations in the world because it switched to BTC first how much whining are all the other countries going to do about the unfairness of the early adopter advantage? Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:34:14 AM

My guess: he is referring to plans to bring Bitcoin to the stock exchange - making it tradable with any online broker (e.g. stocktrade) and accessible to billions of investor's funds. I myself have a few ideas about how this could be pulled off.

That's exactly what I was thinking....but it would take a great deal of time and a much much much larger market cap. If BTC shows growth & resilience over the next few years, this would be an obvious outcome. I assume it would fall under CFTC jurisdiction. This kind of talk is extremely premature, of course.
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:45:07 AM

My guess: he is referring to plans to bring Bitcoin to the stock exchange - making it tradable with any online broker (e.g. stocktrade) and accessible to billions of investor's funds. I myself have a few ideas about how this could be pulled off.

And there's no mystery to how it could be pulled off. FOREX.
simonk83

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 03:58:35 AM

For what is worth. Based on some information that is not public and that I have no intention to disclose, things are happening behind closed doors. There are some serious projects are being underwritten and financed and negotiated right now. If these projects come to fruition, which is likely to happen within 2 years time frame, the accessibility of Bitcoin investments to general public will be ubiquitous.

Anyone parting with his coins at current silly prices is going to deeply regret it by year 2015.

That's a pretty fucking sleezy post.  It adds absolutely  nothing to the consciousness of the situation, there is no information, only blarney and it is a blatant attempt at manipulating the price for a quick gain. I'm embarrassed for you.

And I'm a bitcoin enthusiast!

You appear to be a manipulating opportunist.

That certainly seems to be his MO, from what I've seen over the years at least.  He's one to ignore.
DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 04:35:04 AM

I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or not, I was under the impression the cap was always 1MB and set by Satoshi himself.
Your impression is incorrect, possibly because the idea that the 1 MB cap has always been present has been deliberately fostered by some people with agendas upon which I can only speculate.

Prior to September 2010 there was no protocol limit on block size, and Satoshi's email messages clearly indicated that he intended the network to scale to very large blocks in the future. MAX_BLOCK_SIZE was added as a temporary anti-spam rule and was always intended to be raised in the future when the network was capable of handing it and needed the extra capacity.

Those who say the limit was always present as a deliberate economic rule are dissembling.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153330.msg1636427#msg1636427

http://www.mail-archive.com/cryptography@metzdowd.com/msg09964.html

+1

Wow ! This is an informed and toughfull post.

Gratz & thanks
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:14:53 AM

Vladimir, what about putting that into a piece of text, timestamping it and give us the hash?

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
oakpacific

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 06:27:18 AM

Thank you very much, seems that you are really onto something. Smiley

I will store it in a safe place.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: