Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:40:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Ethereums should I buy?  (Read 1300 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 12:41:51 PM

I see two options for ethereums one is cheaper and is almost the same code except for code added by Ethereum's king to save his investment. Should I buy the cheaper version of the same thing or the more expensive?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
thanhswp

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:47:12 PM

Bitfinex will support ETC on Wednesday
MrGood

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

Chief Technology Officer, NYC

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 12:47:18 PM

Ethereum Fork has effectively destroyed it's own credibility and it will be difficult for it to thrive long-term.

There will be a period of uncertainty during which support for Classic will grow. Eventually the ETH investors will spot an opportunity to make a HUGE amount of money and will throw all their weight behind Classic.

Result: The original investors are saved and the original blockchain survives. Everyone wins.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:48:08 PM

The cheaper ethereum is the abandoned chain. It's good only for short term speculation. The more expensive ethereum is the curent project which is continuously  developed by ethereum foundation.
This guy above me is FUD-ing, don't believe a word he says.
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:49:28 PM

I see two options for ethereums one is cheaper and is almost the same code except for code added by Ethereum's king to save his investment. Should I buy the cheaper version of the same thing or the more expensive?
I think depend on way of trading, what will you do with the coin, i buy ethereum is just for trading if my way of trading must be selled i will do it. Even if must cut lost.
MrGood

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 12:53:10 PM

The cheaper ethereum is the abandoned chain. It's good only for short term speculation. The more expensive ethereum is the curent project which is continuously  developed by ethereum foundation.

I'm not FUDDing in the slightest. By namedropping the original foundation (as though that had merit) you're effectively advocating the kind of nanny-state politics that is counterpoint to the mechanics of crypto.

Ethereum is a blockchain, not a person. That's the whole idea.
mining1

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 01:01:41 PM

Exactly, abandoned chain has no leadership, just miners. And even if there'll be a group of developers willing to work on it, they wouldn't account for 10% of original team value which built ethereum / new programming language from scratch. Not to mention the ethereum bags existent on the main chain exist on the secondary chain aswell, everyone will slowly dump over a long period of time, unless it dies by then.
So, ethereum's abandoned chain is way too risky 90%+ it will either die, miners move on / whales will dump / or this guy, and others like him, will atack ethereum's abandoned chain because it's extremely vulnerable given it's low hashrate https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4ucgia/i_am_chandler_guo_a_51_attack_on_ethereum_classic/
So NO, do not invest anything in the abandoned chain unless it is very short term investment, 1-4 weeks at most.
Most likely people here on btctalk that support ethereum's abandoned chain probably invested in it because they believe in it for it's speculative value because 1 ether there costs only 0.5$+ , so they are invested in it.
If youre willing to check, abandoned project has a high trading volume for it's tiny hashrate ( abandoned by 99% of it's miners ) which means people speculate with their free ethereum tokens.
BTcoint

Activity: 553

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 01:09:09 PM

Exactly, abandoned chain has no leadership, just miners. And even if there'll be a group of developers willing to work on it, they wouldn't account for 10% of original team value which built ethereum / new programming language from scratch. Not to mention the ethereum bags existent on the main chain exist on the secondary chain aswell, everyone will slowly dump over a long period of time, unless it dies by then.
So, ethereum's abandoned chain is way too risky 90%+ it will either die, miners move on / whales will dump / or this guy, and others like him, will atack ethereum's abandoned chain because it's extremely vulnerable given it's low hashrate https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4ucgia/i_am_chandler_guo_a_51_attack_on_ethereum_classic/
So NO, do not invest anything in the abandoned chain unless it is very short term investment, 1-4 weeks at most.
Most likely people here on btctalk that support ethereum's abandoned chain probably invested in it because they believe in it for it's speculative value because 1 ether there costs only 0.5$+ , so they are invested in it.
So it better to stick with original project eth the new has no dev team behind to support an ongoing development plan
thanks for figure that out

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MrGood

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 01:09:22 PM

Exactly, and it has no leadership, just miners. And even if there'll be a group of developers willing to work on it, they wouldn't account for 10% of original team value which built ethereum / new programming language from scratch. Not to mention the ethereum bags existent on the main chain exist on the secondary chain aswell, everyone will slowly dump over a long period of time, unless it dies by then.

The project has barely started. It's patently ludicrous to chastise a project in respect of leadership that has only been in existence for a short fraction. It's a question of intent: What we have seen in the past 24 hours alone is a growing support base incorporating many previous ETH protagonists. If that's any indication of what will form over the next few weeks, then it doesn't look good for ETH.

Will there be trouble in the markets? Of course, that's predictable given the flux of the situation. But once things settle down, it will be tricky for ETH to sustain any moral credibility that they can sell to the grassroot community... and without the community the investors will spy an opportunity to make an absolute killing by backing ETC.

When that happens, the situation will take care of itself and ETH will have no reason to exist.
mining1

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 01:15:51 PM

You're delusional. As you can see investors don't care about abandoned project since 99% of the hashrate is mining on ETH project and the abandoned project doesn't even have enough hashrate to keep itself safe.
MrGood

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 01:21:32 PM

You're delusional. As you can see investors don't care about abandoned project since 99% of the hashrate is mining on ETH project and the abandoned project doesn't even have enough hashrate to keep itself safe.

No.

You're clearly not able to process what I'm telling you: You're dropping snapshots of a current circumstance in the middle of a fluid situation (delusional in itself).

I'm telling you the variables by which ETH simply cannot hold onto the status quo in the medium-term, post the anarchy of the current situation.

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 01:41:58 PM

Is the king of Ethereum in control of the original one or is he only centrally controlling the new one?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:33:52 PM

Fuck them both and buy something promising like WBB!  Grin

Wait until you see when WBB and 1EX take over crypto come 2017!  Tongue
dumpida

Activity: 722

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:41:26 PM

That is right. The cheap ETC has the low hashing rate chain. It will be 51% attacked to death by attackers.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:40:54 PM

i don't know if you are asking this seriously or not but anyways.

i think buying ethereum has always been risky but buying the classic is a whole new level of risky because it would be going against the whales like the owner who support the other chain and they have deep pockets which good deeper with continuous pump and dump in past few months.

to the moon with bitcoin...
MrGood

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 11:28:37 AM

Ethereum Fork has effectively destroyed it's own credibility and it will be difficult for it to thrive long-term.

There will be a period of uncertainty during which support for Classic will grow. Eventually the ETH investors will spot an opportunity to make a HUGE amount of money and will throw all their weight behind Classic.

Result: The original investors are saved and the original blockchain survives. Everyone wins.

Told you.

And this is just the beginning.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 11:31:43 AM

well...

the forked Ethereum is not Ethereum - thus the question is a weird one.

U cant buy two Ethereums because there is only one.

They made a weird decision renaming the real Ethereum to ETC,

the new ETH is not the real Ethereum. Its just some forked shite.

~CfA~

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 11:38:29 AM

well...

the forked Ethereum is not Ethereum - thus the question is a weird one.

U cant buy two Ethereums because there is only one.

They made a weird decision renaming the real Ethereum to ETC,

the new ETH is not the real Ethereum. Its just some forked shite.

~CfA~

Does king Vitalik still control the real Ethereum?

HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2016, 11:53:57 AM

Just give Vitalik a hug  Cry
for the love of got, dont watch him die

Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 26, 2016, 12:15:55 PM

Right now, the trading momentum is with Classic although I have a feeling that in the long run the vested interests behind the hard fork might yet win by coordinating the miners to 51% Classic. Longer term the uncertainty is no good to either ether thread as devs will not know which blockchain to build on

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████