Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:11:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st Bitcoin Gift card :)  (Read 25611 times)
Giftcoins (OP)

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:09:08 PM

Is there an expiry date on a card?

NO! Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frga13

Activity: 383

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:38:01 PM

Is there an expiry date on a card?

NO! Smiley

great Smiley
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:46:30 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2013, 02:02:02 AM by franky1

the itunes $50 CLEARLY  states why its $59.99 on that website.

"activation fee"

its not just showing on one page $50 and at the checkout $59.99 without giving a good reason.

so please do the legal bits...

its called terms and conditions, descriptions, transparency, crossing the T and dotting the i's..

you wont expand your great product into bricks and mortar retailers in your current form.

you think i say all of this because i am trying to tell people not to use your service .. no i am not.

i am telling you in as plain english as possible to UP your game, as you can make alot more money long term by changing the back end of your business model and atleast looking beyond your daily profits, to think about monthly/yearly profits you could make. aswell as expanding your brand name.

if your not going to do a "reserve" business model where you buy while cheap to then profit later, but instead copy the business model where retailers add on a "activation fee" that will lose you some browning points when going into meetings with retailers, as they love a cut of the retailer advertised price.

but not having and T&C to be transparent also will hurt you, as the retailers will see lots of pitfalls that customers can use and abuse.

having a "if you don't like it, don't buy from us" mentality instead of a functional business brain that is searching for idea's suggestions and criticisms to improve your brand. or if you simply cannot handle criticism which is actually beneficial to your product. makes you not a wise business man.

i will make it simple in laymans terms so you can tart it up into the proper legal terminology

Terms and conditions
Some retailers may charge an activation fee,delivery fee or service charge fee ontop of the advertised price, to cover the costs outside of giftcoins.me control.
Please be aware that the redemption rate is based on MTGox +10%, the actual redemption value you receive will be able to be seen prior to redeeming your card.
Due to the nature of these products a refund is not possible after a redemption has occured.
for more details of our policies please contact us at: <your email>

feel free to add more terms and conditions to cover your back if you can't be arsed to change your business model.

i am glad you have moved one step forward by promising a pre-redemption valuation. thanks. now a few more steps forward and your brand name will have no issues expanding.

P.S my first post mentioning the reserve model the bitcoin was at $75 and at one point dropped to $68. it is right nw $88. you could have bought 100 coins and held them for one week and then given people redeeming their coins at $88 a more accurate $ vs BTC and still had BTC left over for personal profit.

a profit of between 15%-23% giving the customer a proper at mtgox value or even more profit by keeping your % above spot. but hey you know whats best.. lol

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 10:50:08 PM

i will make it simple in laymans terms so you can tart it up into the proper legal terminology

Terms and conditions
Some retailers may charge an activation fee,delivery fee or service charge fee ontop of the advertised price, to cover the costs outside of giftcoins.me control.
Please be aware that the redemption rate is based on MTGox +10%, the actual redemption value you receive will be able to be seen prior to redeeming your card.
Due to the nature of these products a refund is not possible after a redemption has occured.

I would also like to see something like this.
Giftcoins (OP)

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 06:55:35 AM

franky1, thank you for those terms suggestion

Terms and conditions

What else you and others users would like to see in those terms?

Please contribute with your ideas what would be fair to display

One note on redemption rate though, we will have current rate displayed in header, no mtgox or any other exchange rate, it will be our exact rate so you dont have to calculate anything, no adding 10% on mtgox etc.

franky1 - This is regarding jagoo.net and their card pricing, they clearly state that extra cost is "Service fee" and card still has it's price as displayed on it...Service fee, Activation fee who cares what it is as all is the same. pcgamesupply.com is using term "Activation fee", they dont activate anything, they just send you the code they already have as there is no activation. They can call it Happy fee and it would not make a difference, it's a fee they are charging.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
13Charlie

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:13:22 PM

This looks like a pretty solid idea.

Plus you have the force behind you.

No signature necessary
Giftcoins (OP)

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 02:18:47 PM

This looks like a pretty solid idea.

Plus you have the force behind you.

Finally someone noticed master Yoda!!! Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
siggy

Activity: 381

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 06:32:22 PM

One note on redemption rate though, we will have current rate displayed in header, no mtgox or any other exchange rate, it will be our exact rate so you dont have to calculate anything, no adding 10% on mtgox etc.

CYA .. put an * next to that rate and put _someplace_ on your site how that rate is derived.. even if it is in real tiny teeny small print....

Sigg
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:05:26 PM

franky1 - This is regarding jagoo.net and their card pricing, they clearly state that extra cost is "Service fee" and card still has it's price as displayed on it...Service fee, Activation fee who cares what it is as all is the same. pcgamesupply.com is using term "Activation fee", they dont activate anything, they just send you the code they already have as there is no activation. They can call it Happy fee and it would not make a difference, it's a fee they are charging.

yes but still stipulating ON YOUR SITE that resellers may add on fee's protects you.

secondly when you want to go to walmart or 7-11 if you dont have that stipulation then they would want to sell a $100 card to customers at $100 and then buy the card wholesale from yourselves under $100.

by having terms in YOUR SITE you can protect yourself from resellers demanding a under $100 wholesale price.

although i find the reseller additional fee a flawed business model, i have tried to atleast compensate my thought process to aid your current model and get to a middle ground that atleast removes future headaches you may come across sticking with your business model.

but as i said last week buying at the mid $70's holding it as a reserve to then sell a week later would net you profit without having to have silly +10% gox prices or giving the customer less bitcoin then they expect.

i do agree though that a simple you will receive 1BTC for $100 is better then lots of % and + symbols spawled across the pre-redemption page.

the only issue i still have is that in england i can still go to my local post office visit a moneygram cashier desk hand over the money, be given a code. type that into bitinstant.com and get bitcoin at 6% of the ACTUAL money i have put in.

so a $109.99 customer payment for a product that has a $100 tag but ends up as a under $100 allotment of bitcoin, still seems excessive.

but hey.. baby steps, you'll get there

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Giftcoins (OP)

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:07:17 PM

Design looks nice, but the card value should be denominated in BTC, not dollars.

it's not possible to have BTC on them due to resellers risk involved.

Hi - my suggestion would be to do both.

type_1 of the card is to have the BTC on it (i would greatly prefer this one).
type_2 of the card is to have some other currency on it (some would prefer this due to the relative stability of that currency).

I don't really support the concept of giving someone $X that turns into whatever $X of bitcoins happens to be worth.

In little kids terms, it sucks when gram gram gives you a gift card for some place you don't want to use it at when if she just gave you the cash you could do whatever you wanted with it Wink

I do support giving someone an easy way to grab bitcoins, and this is awesome for that either way!

yes, this makes sense and it would be cool if BTC price doesn't have so big fluctuations.

There is no sain reseller that would take the rist of selling BTC denominated cards, makes no sense.

All cool when BTC price is going up

What if reseller buys 1BTC Giftcoins card and pays us $100 for it, he needs to sell it to end user to make profit...BTC price goes down to $80 and he can sell it for $85 maybe, pure loss. It's just gambling and not business

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Giftcoins (OP)

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:11:34 PM

yes but still stipulating ON YOUR SITE that resellers may add on fee's protects you.

secondly when you want to go to walmart or 7-11 if you dont have that stipulation then they would want to sell a $100 card to customers at $100 and then buy the card wholesale from yourselves under $100.

by having terms in YOUR SITE you can protect yourself from resellers demanding a under $100 wholesale price.

although i find the reseller additional fee a flawed business model, i have tried to atleast compensate my thought process to aid your current model and get to a middle ground that atleast removes future headaches you may come across sticking with your business model.

but as i said last week buying at the mid $70's holding it as a reserve to then sell a week later would net you profit without having to have silly +10% gox prices or giving the customer less bitcoin then they expect.

i do agree though that a simple you will receive 1BTC for $100 is better then lots of % and + symbols spawled across the pre-redemption page.

the only issue i still have is that in england i can still go to my local post office visit a moneygram cashier desk hand over the money, be given a code. type that into bitinstant.com and get bitcoin at 6% of the ACTUAL money i have put in.

so a $109.99 customer payment for a product that has a $100 tag but ends up as a under $100 allotment of bitcoin, still seems excessive.

few questions for you.

How much you pay for money gram transfer? There must be some fees involved both with them and bitinstant?

While you have to go to your post office, wait in the line, maybe spend few $ on a gas, parking, probably total waste 1h of your time...some other person will just use their credit card, be done in 5min and spend the rest 55 doing something they like doing Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
MarlboroMan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 08:17:53 PM

Wow awesome idea, and I agree it should be valued in USD as Bitcoin prices are to volatile.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:14:01 PM

few questions for you.

How much you pay for money gram transfer? There must be some fees involved both with them and bitinstant?

While you have to go to your post office, wait in the line, maybe spend few $ on a gas, parking, probably total waste 1h of your time...some other person will just use their credit card, be done in 5min and spend the rest 55 doing something they like doing Smiley

fuel costs..
well im talking about the day you finally have the cardboard "GIFTCARDS" in retail stores. where people want to waste car fuel to get their "giftcards" by walking into walmart or a 7-11

offering an online facility is not a GIFTCARD but more simply a redemption code via email/webpage.

which if we take away the whole car fuel go to retailer blah..

lets use blockchain.info. if i put in $100 into blockchain.info wire transfer.. id still get a better rate..

Giftcoins (OP)

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:50:58 PM

few questions for you.

fuel costs..
well im talking about the day you finally have the cardboard "GIFTCARDS" in retail stores. where people want to waste car fuel to get their "giftcards" by walking into walmart or a 7-11

offering an online facility is not a GIFTCARD but more simply a redemption code via email/webpage.

which if we take away the whole car fuel go to retailer blah..

lets use blockchain.info. if i put in $100 into blockchain.info wire transfer.. id still get a better rate..

you are right

and BTC just went down $20 in 20min Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
Giftcoins (OP)

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:52:09 PM

Wow awesome idea, and I agree it should be valued in USD as Bitcoin prices are to volatile.

like today, from $95 to $75 in 30min

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
13Charlie

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 10:31:47 PM

Then back up to $87

No signature necessary
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:11:16 PM

You should add info to the OP about where I can buy them.  I'm still not sure if I can actually order a physical card.  I would love to give some away as gifts.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 04:05:18 AM

yep a great time to buy coin at $7 and hold it for the rise Cheesy

then those redeeming at the now $90 can get a nice amount of bitcoin and u have left overs for busness profit or future customers.

or left as a reserve to counter any more volitility/future purchasing power

scrybe

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 01, 2013, 03:34:30 PM

few questions for you.

In that case I use btcQuick and pay a maximum of 7.5%. Fees of 10% on the backend AND 8-25% on the front end are very high and you should not fool yourself into thinking otherwise. You have premium pricing on what is destined to be a commodity market (giftcards), at some point you will either have to update your business model or someone will price you out of the game.

Best of luck

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
dan9575

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:45:00 AM

You guys have been out of gift cards for awhile, when are you gonna re stock?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: