Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:02:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are bitcoin ATMs worth using?  (Read 5330 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 01:39:38 AM

I use a ATM for the bank many times. The bitcoin ATM will be even better. I just dont want the fee to be a high price . I think of the fee is high many people will not use it and it will be abandoned.
Banks provide that service, the atm belong to them soo thats why they dont charge nothing or a tiny fee if you arent at your country. Bitcoin atm are quite expensive and wont be abandoned, otherwise it would already happen, and instead of those they are putting more and more atm around the globe.
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 04:39:09 AM

Some friends and I are considering using a bitcoin ATM to do some online shopping. Would it be worth using a bitcoin ATM rather than just an internet exchange site?

What are some advantages and disadvantages to both? Any tips or anything I should know ahead of time before using an ATM?

Thanks in advance!
I don't trust bitcoin atm's because some people are creating this thing to scam people who are using bitcoin so that they can easily get your bitcoin wallet information and then send it to them if in online shopping yes i would prefer to use it rather than bitcoin exchange site it less hassle for me.
virusasog

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 04:57:34 AM

I use a ATM for the bank many times. The bitcoin ATM will be even better. I just dont want the fee to be a high price . I think of the fee is high many people will not use it and it will be abandoned.

Yeah bitcoin debit card is the wise idea to transfer the money to fiat easily and you can use bitcoin ATM machines to reduce the forex charges and exchange fees. If you use bitcoin debit card you can reduce the these charges.
FXD3

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 07:11:58 AM

The high fees are really a big minus, but in our country, you still have the anonymity, because it still works without an ID or something
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 07:20:01 AM

The high fees are really a big minus, but in our country, you still have the anonymity, because it still works without an ID or something

They need those fees to maintain the machine and other things needed to continually give everyone in your country the good service of that bitcoin ATM.  I wish that there are also bitcoin atm here in our country.  That would be really a hit and it could help to raise curiosity and awareness to those who do not know anything about bitcoins.  It would be safer I think than the ordinary atm since you are the only one who knows your bitcoin address.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: