Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:06:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What about the idea of a bitcoin shop in big cities?  (Read 29065 times)
SidaroffVany

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 01:59:38 PM

It would have been good to find shops accepting bitcoins, definitely I would just forget about carrying a fiat, but there is long way to go, we are just now seeing many online sites accepting bitcoins, so I think next will be shops and ATM's everywhere..

or im just dreaming Tongue
A little is not clear how, unlike online shopping can take bitcoin as a payment such as a supermarket. After all, there will be difficulties with the evidence and conduct inquiries. How much time you can buy and pay for the goods.
salemon

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 02:49:29 PM

Hey Guys,

what would be your opinion if there would been Bitcoin shops in big cities like London, Berlin or Paris (also smaller cities).
So you could go inside the shop and buy or sell Bitcoin for a good price.

I think it would be an good (and an advantage) idea because more people would use Bitcoin so the price would rise up and the people who are owning Bitcoins at the moment would have more money in Bitcoins. Wink

Best regards,

Patrick Smiley
I don't understand whether it is about shops where you can buy or sell Bitcoins, or shops where you can buy some goods. Oh, it's the first one. Then.... I am not sure whether we need such things. Well, it just doesn't seem to be a shop to me, you know. More like a place, where you can exchange currencies.
There are some shops that currently accept bitcoin as payment in several cities where they can use bitcoin directly to buy goods, not only exchange currencies that you can do it at local exchangers. The main idea is to spread over bitcoin so it become more famous among people.
The percentage of users who use bitcoin is not very strong and has increased in recent years. What will be the purchasing power of people, when the number of bitcoin is limited. Interestingly superfluous one, the idea of ​​replacing the natural money no more than someone's dream or the real thing.
Holly-Dolly

Activity: 179

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 03:50:03 PM

It would be good to have a bitcoin shop on big cities as this would increase the people's attention and would buy something.
Besides this I think that also other altcoins would contribute to this shop by having a sector of their altcoin shop inside.
The first thing to consider is what is the use of all online or other stores will accept bitcoin. After the purchase will do only those users that are relevant to cryptocurrency, and the rest have only real money.
ged00u

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:12:33 PM

Yeah I totally agree with this idea, isn't that the point of a currency, to be used anywhere at anytime. And what I've known till now that there are many cities in the world have started doing this and it comes out successfully. This will have good impacts on bitcoin and therefore, bitcoin will become stronger and stronger.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:15:52 PM

It would be good to have a bitcoin shop on big cities as this would increase the people's attention and would buy something.
Besides this I think that also other altcoins would contribute to this shop by having a sector of their altcoin shop inside.
The first thing to consider is what is the use of all online or other stores will accept bitcoin. After the purchase will do only those users that are relevant to cryptocurrency, and the rest have only real money.

I see not how a shop for bitcoins could be profitable.
It would take a lot of fees to make it work, and I really do not think anybody would pay those.
Online exchanges can be used withe every smartphone, so I highly doubt that a real shop can be competitive with those.

It's me!!!
johnnyyash

Activity: 334

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:42:51 PM

I think this will be a good and a welcome idea...opportunity for everyone in getting to use btc as cash....nice idea it will be...and i will be glad if its fully implemented
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:53:49 PM

It would take a lot of fees to make it work, and I really do not think anybody would pay those.
Online exchanges can be used withe every smartphone, so I highly doubt that a real shop can be competitive with those.

Every shop has a strategy how when and where to make a sale, so if they make a bitcoin sale then people would be interested in bitcoin.
Of course every service takes fee even transaction bitcoin to bitcoin has a small fee, but the idea to have bitcoin shop is better than you think.
ashiqdey

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:04:27 PM

Having bitcoin shop in a big city will make the currency more popular in short time and popularizing the coin will  help to lift the price to higher level and we traders  will have more opopportunities to earn profit. And alsi popularizing the coin will make our world modern with a new digital money
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:11:40 PM

It would have been good to find shops accepting bitcoins, definitely I would just forget about carrying a fiat, but there is long way to go, we are just now seeing many online sites accepting bitcoins, so I think next will be shops and ATM's everywhere..

or im just dreaming Tongue

Maybe not dreaming totally, but it would still take a long time for bitcoin to reach that point because we are still not a that big community though it is big according to the population of just this forum, we can just do an estimate that a lot of people are using bitcoin but that is not enough to make it used in physical world.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:06:03 PM

its very good idea that bitcoin shop in city if its appear in everywhere then i hope bitcoin will be more survive and it will be get more stronger and i also heard shops is appear in some country and people buy anything be happy and easily.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:10:41 PM

I have no idea what about small shops, but what about something like a supermarket that ONLY accepts Bitcoin? By importing great quality stuff, you can turn it into everyone's interest in an instant, meaning more Bitcoin users, leading to profit for everyone by the price increasing.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 10:27:56 PM

I think if some shops can accept bitcoins then that can be a trendsetter and hence most of the people will follow it, but the question is which big store will first accept it? Yes, there is a risk as they say, but then there are rewards too since their sales will increase a lot.

some countries have already started accepting bitcoin specially in big cities. and i think it is one of the  profitable business but in big cities, buying shops or keeping on rent is also not an easy job. first you have to invest a good amount for opening a shop in big city and after that you can think about bitcoin business.
But there are already big shops in big cities so they will have to adopt bitcoin for their use we have to convince them for to use bitcoin for their business we need to teach them about the importance of bitcoin and have to inform them about the bright future of bitcoin.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 11:56:41 PM

I have no idea what about small shops, but what about something like a supermarket that ONLY accepts Bitcoin? By importing great quality stuff, you can turn it into everyone's interest in an instant, meaning more Bitcoin users, leading to profit for everyone by the price increasing.
Bitcoin will be sooner accepted all over the world in all of the shops either smaller or bigger and you will see that there will be good solutions for its usage and everyone will love to use this currency.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 06:13:08 PM

Bitcoin fees are a lot less than visa/Mastercard feees. But I agree a bitcoin only store would not work. what needs to happen is not a store that takes bitcoin but a way that any store that wants to can add bitcoin like they can add creditcards, or american express. just add a bitcoin accepted here sticker next to all the cards accecped

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:27:44 PM

Hey Guys,

what would be your opinion if there would been Bitcoin shops in big cities like London, Berlin or Paris (also smaller cities).
So you could go inside the shop and buy or sell Bitcoin for a good price.

I think it would be an good (and an advantage) idea because more people would use Bitcoin so the price would rise up and the people who are owning Bitcoins at the moment would have more money in Bitcoins. Wink

Best regards,

Patrick Smiley

There are already shops like this, many stores that accept bitcoin and also have bitcoin ATM's inside them. There is a difficulty with shops accessing Bitcoin as there has to be a way to program it into a till and to wait until the transaction is at least confirmed once on the blockchain.
It would be useful if more shops would accept Bitocin as it would get greater adoption and increase its value.
I think it's better to build a community shopping center. with it we can build a shopping center strong. with approved agreement is to accept bitcoin as a medium of payment.

a seasonal market bazaar that only accepts Bitcoin as a mode of payment is much feasible. especially  Christmas season is coming.

This is also a quite good idea. If we can certainly get the support from the other bitcoin users in the community especially those entrepreneurs then is could probably be an interesting way of having  bazaar

That does sound quite a good idea, and if used at Christmas, would increase the demand on the currency at that time which would make it more widespread.
That's really not a bad thing would be that the shops have started Christmas sales with bitcoin. And it should not depend on the size of the city. People are all the same can go for these sales.

Everyone can indeed do it all. but I think for now indeed is very little user bitcoin so there are only some stores that use the bitcoin as one of the means of payment is especially stores that already know the surrounding scope. So, this is not a problem because all people would prefer to look for a good profit, so it does not require all of the bitcoin if still many requests about sales or market bitcoin bitcoin

There's probably too much difficulty in a shop that accepts Bitcoin.
They first have to get it approved by the government and would require a legal department in order ot ensure that everything was accurate.
Also, there would be little to validation to check if the shop is paying enough tax unless they use only one main address (but then you could link everyone's transactions to that one address and trace them back to the sender to work out what they purchased - which could be used for marketing).

The initial post stated only larger cities and I wouldn't think it worth it to do it in smaller cities unless it was a shop that was part of a large chain (it's much more difficult to implement as more money is required to initially accept it).
aomakun

Activity: 1020
Merit: 253

JangaCams.com

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:10:26 PM

I think it's a good idea, but it would be even better is not just a tool that bitcoin transactions there, as well as add local and international currencies such as the dollar

█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████  ████
████████████████████▀▀  ▀████
███████████████▀▀   ▄▄███████
███▀  ▀██████     ▐██████████
██     █████▌       ▀████████
██      ▀▀███    ▐█▄  ▀██████
██               ▐███▄▄  ▀███
██▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄     ▄███████ ▄  █
██████▄▄▄████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
FREE CHAT

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
HateNATO

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:27:13 PM

Better to put it in every single place now only city so i prefer to put it on every village hehe i think bitcoin in every town is good because of their popularity Cheesy.
stark101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:41:16 PM

What about the idea of a bitcoin shop in the big cities? well that's very cool. It is more convenient because you can something you want wherever you go.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:43:28 PM

What about the idea of a bitcoin shop in the big cities? well that's very cool. It is more convenient because you can something you want wherever you go.

Everything does look very cool and will definitely make the higher growth of the bitcoin, because with the establishment of a large City area stores it will attract all eyes of people who have not known a bitcoin. So it has tremendous potential and is very helpful to make everyone switch to using bitcoin and finally bitcoin on admit by any country that has a population using bitcoin. Or maybe it is if the USA or Europe accept bitcoin then all countries will follow suit
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:46:08 PM

It will just remain an idea not unless someone is making a start off of this thing. Also, it's not improbable that the sid idea would not be accepted since there are many bitcoin enthusiasts and even the normal Joes who would want to buy a thing or two using their own piece of cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: