Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:44:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What about the idea of a bitcoin shop in big cities?  (Read 29065 times)
Rahees

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 12:38:44 PM

I think it'll be quite successful to some extent, maybe where bitcoin is more famous?
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 12:40:37 PM

10-20 ATM's would cost you the same and have a larger reach. My city currently has about 5 within a 20 mile radius. Not many considering a bank in any direction is within a 5 min walk.

Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 12:45:38 PM

Yeah I think it would take a quite long time before we can bring bitcoin to big shops in big cities because it's hard to persuade people to use bitcoin. There is an undeniable fact that in some people's minds, bitcoin is still something bad and need to avoid. They keep thinking that bitcoin is no more than just a scam and it will be a difficult task to change their minds.

Yeah, it'll be a difficult task. But already India having a school which accepts bitcoin and it happened at 2015. So, i think its not a too early to start a shop which accept bitcoin!
Kabul

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 01:11:44 PM

This is awesome and remarkable idea. I always love to buy something by Bitcoin instead of Fiat because I am a Bitcoin supporter who always want good things happen to bitcoin. In my country, i know only one shop, actually a coffee shop, which accept bitcoin as a payment method. As long as Bitcoin keep developing, no doubt that there will be more shop appear all around the world

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 01:39:01 PM

This is awesome and remarkable idea. I always love to buy something by Bitcoin instead of Fiat because I am a Bitcoin supporter who always want good things happen to bitcoin. In my country, i know only one shop, actually a coffee shop, which accept bitcoin as a payment method. As long as Bitcoin keep developing, no doubt that there will be more shop appear all around the world

Great idea indeed. With merchant accepting bitcoins, no need to have some coins since you are always paying exact amount. Also, it is handy and flexible, I am hoping this is materializes in the soonest possible time where speed is not a problem.

Open for Campaigns
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 01:52:34 PM

Great idea indeed. With merchant accepting bitcoins, no need to have some coins since you are always paying exact amount. Also, it is handy and flexible, I am hoping this is materializes in the soonest possible time where speed is not a problem.

Yeah, all the things that can be done in the bitcoin indeed is very fun and profitable. Therefore all will make us to be someone who has the advantage was doubled and the growth of the bitcoin can also be ascertained will be very good because the more trade or transaction so the higher a bitcoin price patterns. Only time will answer all this fella and we must be patient for it all. because the benefits would surely come at a time when the right time
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 356

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:05:43 PM

Hey Guys,

what would be your opinion if there would been Bitcoin shops in big cities like London, Berlin or Paris (also smaller cities).
So you could go inside the shop and buy or sell Bitcoin for a good price.

I think it would be an good (and an advantage) idea because more people would use Bitcoin so the price would rise up and the people who are owning Bitcoins at the moment would have more money in Bitcoins. Wink

Best regards,

Patrick Smiley
If there is Bitcoin shop in big cities. The Bitcoin will become most popular, so when the Bitcoin became popular the value or worth of Bitcoin will increase that is for Bitcoin. For us the we can all that we want with no hassle, no many actions needed or we can buy directly.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:13:44 PM

I think OP is talking about a shop where people can buy bitcoins paying with fiat as he said "a bitcoin shop", so i don't know if how that concept would work. But as you said if there are shops accepting bitcoin as a payment can be more good as the ones using bitcoins would have an opportunity to use their coins on something.
By the way, you are lucky to have a shop accepting bitcoins around you, i have none.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:18:28 PM

10-20 ATM's would cost you the same and have a larger reach. My city currently has about 5 within a 20 mile radius. Not many considering a bank in any direction is within a 5 min walk.
You are right from practical point of view. But that bitcoin shop could be something much more than simple BTM.
Imagine marketing hype that you can create with this - the first and only "Bitcoin Shop" - info about this would be on every news site.
Brick and mortar shops can be used as mix of bitcoin embassy and place where you can not only talk about BTC and learn what it is but to buy it.
croutonhexagon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:54:49 PM

Yes it would definitely help those people who can't use smartphone , laptop or can't afford to buy one. It should also have positive effect because it would help to popularize the currency and many people would adopt the chin.
Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 06:31:22 PM

I do believe opening a shop at big cities would expose bitcoin, those exposure would be good for those ceptic people as well to the crypto world that would find a place outside internet to spend their coins, can bring family. The same things we do make at shops, a bitcoin shop would be the same, people would start to ask themselfes what is bitcoin, and why there is soo much interest over it, and why i can buy anything here with bitcoin, its an amazing project and i do hope my country does make such on the next years.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 07:56:44 PM

Why do we need specialized Bitcoin shops? There are Bitcoin ATMs in most of the big cities. Even in my own city, there are 6-7 of them (although I have never used one). Still, it will be better if Bitcoin is accepted across the supermarkets and fast-food chains. I am sure that it will help the wide adoption in a very big way.
Yes it is right instead of having bitcoin shop for purchase and selling of bitcoin there should be usual supermarkets who accept bitcoin as currency for purchase of our daily goods. And if it happened in any corner of the world this will be a revolution in the financial markets of the world.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 09:10:09 PM

Hey Guys,

what would be your opinion if there would been Bitcoin shops in big cities like London, Berlin or Paris (also smaller cities).

I think it would be an good (and an advantage) idea because more people would use Bitcoin so the price would rise up and the people who are owning Bitcoins at the moment would have more money in Bitcoins. Wink

Best regards,

Patrick Smiley

Make it clear, so it's like exchange shop? Where people can exchange bitcoin inside? There's a big bitcoin exchange company, why need a "bitcoin exchange shop"?

Or if you means big merchant company who accept bitcoin, it will be great, especially the location at big city.
but shops like that are also important where people go and exchange directly their fiat to bitcoin and bitcoin to fiat. with that method people will not need wait for the timing of banks transfer the money to exchange and for the exchange transfer the money to the banks
stark101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:52:41 AM

In my opinion, it is very good idea if it would really happened. But today, there are many shops or stores that accept already bitcoin as they used as money to buy something. Since it just few of them accept bitcoin, well in the future it would become more and more or rather i say all stores will already accept bitcoin. Yes it is a good idea but that might have the biggest  change in the country that will we encounter.
(altair)

Activity: 308

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 04:51:54 AM

Hey Guys,

Best regards,

Patrick Smiley

This is a good idea and will also help the bitcoin to promote to people who doesn't know it yet. This will also contribute for the price spike of bitcoin. The more people knew about bitcoin, its price will also rise. Also bitcoiners will be happy if they see this shop or business as it is easy for them to buy some bitcoins for their self.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:34:43 AM

Hey Guys,

Best regards,

Patrick Smiley

This is a good idea and will also help the bitcoin to promote to people who doesn't know it yet. This will also contribute for the price spike of bitcoin. The more people knew about bitcoin, its price will also rise. Also bitcoiners will be happy if they see this shop or business as it is easy for them to buy some bitcoins for their self.

The impact of bitcoin shop in the cities is clear, price inflation to bitcoin. ANother potential skyrocket increase will possibly happen. But the challenge is the slow confirmation of bitcoin transaction. Maybe to make this possible the confirmation should be made faster than ever and to promote bitcoin to the public. But I believe sooner or later malls will also accept bitcoin.
salemon

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 08:48:13 PM

Hey Guys,

Best regards,

Patrick Smiley

Make it clear, so it's like exchange shop? Where people can exchange bitcoin inside? There's a big bitcoin exchange company, why need a "bitcoin exchange shop"?

Or if you means big merchant company who accept bitcoin, it will be great, especially the location at big city.
but shops like that are also important where people go and exchange directly their fiat to bitcoin and bitcoin to fiat. with that method people will not need wait for the timing of banks transfer the money to exchange and for the exchange transfer the money to the banks
Sounds all of course fantastic, but in reality, the currency is not tied to anything and based on the trust of users is growing rapidly, and it is useful to know that you can buy for Bitcoins.
Holly-Dolly

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 09:38:33 PM

For a start it should be convenient to use and pay for goods using Bitcoin. I can understand to do it on the Internet, but in real life it is not clear how.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 11:32:54 PM

For a start it should be convenient to use and pay for goods using Bitcoin. I can understand to do it on the Internet, but in real life it is not clear how.

Well at the store I go to (search back to see earlier message) they have a touch pad next to the cash register you enter the payment amount (should be automated but is not) and it shows a QR code. Scan code with my phone with wallet app and confirm. takes about the same time as a ATM card

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 12:46:42 AM

i think it was good for the progress bitcoin. in my country has not approved bitcoin payments for large companies. and few of the online store will accept payments via bitcoin cause bitcoin has not been approved by the company as a provider of item

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: