Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:10:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitinstant failed again...  (Read 976 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 07:23:30 PM

Every place I've tried today to buy bitcoins has failed. Coinbase this morning and now even Bitinstant. This is the error I get from their system:

500 - internal error

An internal error has occurred and the server can not handle your request. If you were attempting to perform a transaction then please contact support immediately for assistance. Technical details of the error have already been recorded by our system and will be analysed as soon as possible. We regret that for security reasons it is not possible to disclose more details on the precise details of this particular incident and we apologise for any inconvenience.

Are these places put together with bubble gum and duct tape?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DataPlumber

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2013, 07:32:10 PM

Every place I've tried today to buy bitcoins has failed. Coinbase this morning and now even Bitinstant. This is the error I get from their system:

500 - internal error

An internal error has occurred and the server can not handle your request. If you were attempting to perform a transaction then please contact support immediately for assistance. Technical details of the error have already been recorded by our system and will be analysed as soon as possible. We regret that for security reasons it is not possible to disclose more details on the precise details of this particular incident and we apologise for any inconvenience.

Are these places put together with bubble gum and duct tape?
Scalability doesn't have to be hard, but developers tend to concentrate on making things work, not making thing scale.  (Security also tends to get short shrift.)

You have no idea how many DBAs I've run into that have no idea how to tune a query.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 01:41:24 AM

Alternatively, see here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 08:40:51 PM

Why do all of the BTC business all have to fail at the same time?  We have Coinbase issues, CoinLab  transition delays, Mt. Gox API failures/poor management, and now BitInstant...

zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 09:23:51 PM

Why do all of the BTC business all have to fail at the same time?  We have Coinbase issues, CoinLab  transition delays, Mt. Gox API failures/poor management, and now BitInstant...

As mentioned earlier, scalability isn't the easiest thing to handle, especially when a lot of services depend on other services.  
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:18:56 PM

Why do all of the BTC business all have to fail at the same time?  We have Coinbase issues, CoinLab  transition delays, Mt. Gox API failures/poor management, and now BitInstant...

You've missed one.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2013, 07:08:02 AM

[/quote

There was a big buying spree in the past few weeks and I had trouble myself getting coin at some places. It did seem very odd all at once everyone started to buy bitcoin. Is there such a thing as "insider info" with BTC? Is there a way to know if prices will rise or drop before it happens?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: