Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:36:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Only ETC is the real Ethereum  (Read 7998 times)
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 02:41:56 PM

Minecache got it wrong about what or who has the criminal intentions.
i dont think he got it wrong, he probably knows.
He is just a fraud trying to protect his bag of mETH bought at 0.03+
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 04:44:40 PM

Minecache got it wrong about what or who has the criminal intentions. No one will now invest in ETH because the whole world has seen the way Vitalik and the Ethereum foundation has run the project. Very sloppy showing inexperience and lack of regard for the consequences of their actions. Add an Ethereum foundation's messy plan of dumping of ETC in the market to that and you got everyone turned off from them. Only the people holding ETH hoping to sell higher are the ones defending it.

While ETC has just welcomed a new investor and adviser. That is Charles Hoskinson. Welcome back to the original Ethereum classic Charles!

i couldn't agree more.
ETH is turning into one scandal after another and it doesn't even end. they are rude enough to do another scam and create another scandal.

and you know the most interesting part of it all is?

if the news about a whale like ethereum foundation but for another altcoin spread that for example they were dumping a lot of stolen coins on the market the price of that coin would have died but ETH price is still up as it was before. which shows the magnitude of the manipulation of that coin.

What are the scandals? Getting the funds back from the thief is to protect the integrity of the Ethereum as a good trading/smart contract platform.
dumana

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 06:51:25 AM

Minecache got it wrong about what or who has the criminal intentions. No one will now invest in ETH because the whole world has seen the way Vitalik and the Ethereum foundation has run the project. Very sloppy showing inexperience and lack of regard for the consequences of their actions. Add an Ethereum foundation's messy plan of dumping of ETC in the market to that and you got everyone turned off from them. Only the people holding ETH hoping to sell higher are the ones defending it.

While ETC has just welcomed a new investor and adviser. That is Charles Hoskinson. Welcome back to the original Ethereum classic Charles!

i couldn't agree more.
ETH is turning into one scandal after another and it doesn't even end. they are rude enough to do another scam and create another scandal.

if the news about a whale like ethereum foundation but for another altcoin spread that for example they were dumping a lot of stolen coins on the market the price of that coin would have died but ETH price is still up as it was before. which shows the magnitude of the manipulation of that coin.

What are the scandals? Getting the funds back from the thief is to protect the integrity of the Ethereum as a good trading/smart contract platform.

Some posters might be paid by the hackers to promote the scams and try to troll the coins supported by most people.
varusisog

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:42:34 AM

i couldn't agree more.

Some posters might be paid by the hackers to promote the scams and try to troll the coins supported by most people.

That could be true. We can find some posters have some interest in the ETC as well. But it is normal for them to say that.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1448

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 03:01:21 AM

i couldn't agree more.

If you look at it that way then the scandal started with the DAO and how it was coded. They said they have created a secure smart contract and even declared that they paid $100k for the security audit. Then what happened? It was not secure and it was attacked and 1/3 of funds were taken away. To make matters worse they did a sloppy hard fork with the original chain now competing with the forked chain. If you were a big investor in Ethereum what would you think of their developers?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
TraderETH

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 12:48:01 PM

ETH realy burn money investors who made Investment in it, and today price ETC is going down and i think it is time for buy ETC.

The ETC just declared the independence. So it will not use the Ethereum development. It has to support itself. It might be costly.
Yes maybe you are right, but i am trading it depend on signal from indicator. So i don't too see about analysis fundamental for trading it. But it is nice informations thank you very much.
EastSound

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:50:11 PM

i couldn't agree more.

If you look at it that way then the scandal started with the DAO and how it was coded. They said they have created a secure smart contract and even declared that they paid $100k for the security audit. Then what happened? It was not secure and it was attacked and 1/3 of funds were taken away. To make matters worse they did a sloppy hard fork with the original chain now competing with the forked chain. If you were a big investor in Ethereum what would you think of their developers?

They might have good intention when they created the DAO. I do not think wanted to steal all the DAO from the beginning.
angryswamp

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:17:07 PM

eth is a really bad currency at the moment in my opinion, it is only going to fall in the near future, right now we should go with etc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
dumana

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:10:34 PM

eth is a really bad currency at the moment in my opinion, it is only going to fall in the near future, right now we should go with etc

If you like ETC, you should vote with your money. You should buy a lot. You might have to buy the ETC from the hacker as well.
charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 01:28:17 AM

I just posted a roadmap proposal for ETC: https://steemit.com/ethereum/@charleshosk/thoughts-on-an-ethereum-classic-roadmap

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:05:26 AM

@charleshoskinson, will that mean ETC will fork first before ETH does to get rid of the difficulty bomb? That would also be a good opportunity to fix the "replay attack" issue between the two chains. Your thoughts?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 02:14:14 AM

If ETC diverges from ETH's hash function(s) how much extra effort will be required to maintain protocol compatibility, or is interoperability not an overriding concern?

Any thoughts on Decred's hybrid PoW/PoS model?

https://wiki.decred.org/Introduction#Hybrid_Proof-of-Work_Proof-of-Stake

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:22:17 AM

@icebreaker I do not think it will be such a huge concern to have interoperability between chains. It would be safe to say that the ETC community wants total separation. In principle it would be better to have no connection to the forked chain whatsoever. It was the reason why the original was maintained by a minority.

I may be wrong because maybe the ETC community all needs to agree about the issue.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
EastSound

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:56:25 AM

@charleshoskinson, will that mean ETC will fork first before ETH does to get rid of the difficulty bomb? That would also be a good opportunity to fix the "replay attack" issue between the two chains. Your thoughts?

I am a miner. So it is good for the ETC or ETH to remove the difficulty time bomb. Any one does it first will get miners support.
Wefud

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:07:55 AM

I am a miner. So it is good for the ETC or ETH to remove the difficulty time bomb. Any one does it first will get miners support.

The miners will just mine the most profitable coin. So if the price of ETH is high and even though ETC changes first, miners will mine ETH.
jaesonma

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:20:06 AM

The miners will just mine the most profitable coin. So if the price of ETH is high and even though ETC changes first, miners will mine ETH.

Yeah, miners only concentrate on the most profitable coin, so the better coin has large hashrate, and future value is also be considered by the miners, current ETH is so much expensive than ETC, they would mine ETH.
nova-rider

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:24:50 AM

I also think that fork the chain was a bad step.
varusisog

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:06:28 PM

If the ETC keeps on being an PoW coin, I think the price can be higher as it has the support of the miners' community.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:15:32 PM

If the ETC keeps on being an PoW coin, I think the price can be higher as it has the support of the miners' community.

I hope that ETC stays PoW. ETC needs to differentiate enough from ETH to deliver a product that is different enough to justify its existence. Sure immutability is a key principle, but PoW would add the project another reason to exist and can be a safe haven in case ETH fucks up real bad when they go PoS which is a serious possibility. In that case anyone holding ETC will go to the moon.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:21:48 PM

There were rumors that GMaxwell said that Vitalik is advertising something that he himself knows will not work and therefore will not be released. He was talking about Casper. So meaning expect ETH to hard fork again removing the difficulty bomb.