Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:00:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ##/100 left DYI Bitcoin READY TO BE SHIPPED*  (Read 3433 times)
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 06:34:48 AM

The printing job isn't that tuff if you outsource it ., I'm curious to the design...

Would be nice if you can make a demo coin at the printer shop or use https://www.3dhubs.com/

I will print them somewhere local, that will be cheaper than shipping.

pokercoin examples:  http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:79966 , http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6856
bitcoin example: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:497827

with nfc tag maybe ?! http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:706011

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
FFrankie (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 03:50:28 PM

The printing job isn't that tuff if you outsource it ., I'm curious to the design...

Would be nice if you can make a demo coin at the printer shop or use https://www.3dhubs.com/

I will print them somewhere local, that will be cheaper than shipping.

pokercoin examples:  http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:79966 , http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6856
bitcoin example: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:497827

with nfc tag maybe ?! http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:706011

I like those links, that gives me ideas for 101+. holograms are gonna arrive in about 4 weeks

I will be doing a second coin and will incorprate something like that in it
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 01:13:29 AM

Why are you going with laser printing vs. a poker chip maker?  Isn't it more expensive going 3d?  I am curious, because I too am from the U.S.  I like the Satori.  I paid someone from Europe for a couple of the Satoris and they feel really nice!

Good luck with your project, killyou72 Smiley 

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:53:56 AM

Why are you going with laser printing vs. a poker chip maker?  Isn't it more expensive going 3d?  I am curious, because I too am from the U.S.  I like the Satori.  I paid someone from Europe for a couple of the Satoris and they feel really nice!

Good luck with your project, killyou72 Smiley 

A rough idea of what I want the coin to look like kinda.

I dunno how to answer your questions but thank you!
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:14:52 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 12:57:05 AM by killyou72

BUMP WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE COIN IN THE OP?

^Technically thats coin number 9 but 2-8 were not about as thin as my nail and thrown away
bitenvy

Activity: 296

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:33:38 AM

BUMP WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE COIN IN THE OP?

^Technically thats coin number 9 but 2-8 were not about as thin as my nail and thrown away
This "coin" is not what I expected and looks nothing like what you want the coin to look like.   Undecided  Also, your 0.025BTC on that picture is also deceptive because it looks like 0.25BTC  Is this the final product?  
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:49:05 AM

Can you read the text below the photo of the .25 that says there is a decimal error

I was thinking these coins would be the final design. But I am up open to talking about it. I was also thinking the hologram could have the .025 BTC on it.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:56:25 AM

Why aren't you changing the design so there is no error? Having an error on purpose is not cool. Casascius error coins were more valuable only because they were a genuine mistake.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:00:07 AM

Why aren't you changing the design so there is no error? Having an error on purpose is not cool. Casascius error coins were more valuable only because they were a genuine mistake.

Well the error was in the draft picture... the physical plastic coin with the 7 in the middle I have about 10 of them right now. I am looking into labels now, I am definitely going to be applying a circular label on one side of the coin that has a cool design on it. Going to try to find the best labels I can and I will include a DYI hologram
bitenvy

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:04:13 AM

Can you read the text below the photo of the .25 that says there is a decimal error

I was thinking these coins would be the final design. But I am up open to talking about it. I was also thinking the hologram could have the .025 BTC on it.
OK, so like Miffman said, you are purposely making a decimal error?  And, making it look VERY deceptive.  Mmmk...   I don't know how you're going to implement this with your current printed coin anyhow.  But, good luck!  I'm out!  Please remove my name from the list.  I will no longer be buying.

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:06:25 AM

Well the error was in the draft picture... the physical plastic coin with the 7 in the middle I have about 10 of them right now. I am looking into labels now, I am definitely going to be applying a circular label on one side of the coin that has a cool design on it. Going to try to find the best labels I can and I will include a DYI hologram

So the draft will be fixed right?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
bitenvy

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:09:58 AM

Oh yeah, what's a DYI?   Grin
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:31:05 AM

Do it yourself.  Like the hologram will be on a piece of paper and you peel it off onto the coin.
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:39:41 PM

This is just my opinion, feel free to take it as you wish.

These are not worth $10 each, and everyone knows that. You are going to have a lot of unhappy people soon.
You should have really got a few produced, so people could see exactly what they were buying, before you started taking payment for these "coins".
As mj has pointed out, these seem very rough, I do not expect a hologram to even stick on them. He also raises some other good points, so I won't bother repeating them..

I'm sorry, but imo, these are terrible Sad I am glad I didn't get involved.

Please understand that this is NOT a jab at you personally, but I would be severely pissed if I spent $10 each on these.

Thanks

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2423
Merit: 1641

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:47:21 PM

I'm going to withdraw from my purchase.

I appreciate the effort you have put in but these, as they are at the moment, do not reach our desired quality standards for retail or resale to a consumer market. They just won't stand up, sorry.

If you can resolve the issues of finish and overall quality I'll re order.

Thanks and good luck

Viz
bitenvy

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 02:37:58 PM

Do it yourself.  Like the hologram will be on a piece of paper and you peel it off onto the coin.
That's DIY not DYI.   Roll Eyes
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 02:56:48 PM

I had sent a PM to the OP that I changed my mind on the reservation of the 50 coins.   Initially I wanted to give these away for my upcoming autographed Encyclopedia project, but I had envisioned poker chip coins in my brain, even though the OP mentioned they would be 3D printed.   

I would much prefer a poker chip type coin like Satori.  What I've seen of 3D printing, it doesn't have that level of quality that's expected.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:15:59 PM

This is just my opinion, feel free to take it as you wish.

These are not worth $10 each, and everyone knows that. You are going to have a lot of unhappy people soon.
You should have really got a few produced, so people could see exactly what they were buying, before you started taking payment for these "coins".
As mj has pointed out, these seem very rough, I do not expect a hologram to even stick on them. He also raises some other good points, so I won't bother repeating them..

I'm sorry, but imo, these are terrible Sad I am glad I didn't get involved.

Please understand that this is NOT a jab at you personally, but I would be severely pissed if I spent $10 each on these.

Thanks

I see,  the price actually goes down to $5 a coin I failed to mention that.  The hologram would stick to the back. I have already messed around with stickers and the like

If I go with poker chips there is no indenting to put the private key. That's why I think it would be better to just print a nice design
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2423
Merit: 1641

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:05:05 PM

I see,  the price actually goes down to $5 a coin I failed to mention that.  The hologram would stick to the back. I have already messed around with stickers and the like

If I go with poker chips there is no indenting to put the private key. That's why I think it would be better to just print a nice design

You are of course right about the indent and that's something that, if the design is of a high enough standard and the chips of good quality I think would be acceptable. The alternate view would be to get them "routed" so a small indent is created there, but as with all things, add a process and you're adding cost. Lots to research and time to spend...

Numbering was also another issue with the choice being "on holo" etching or "on chip", but then materials plays its part in that drama too....

As a result of our previous chat I did actually follow up with some manufacturers and holo makers.... it was an interesting pursuit and one that may yet yield dividends. Wink

Viz

defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:23:39 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2016, 07:38:28 PM by defcon23

I see,  the price actually goes down to $5 a coin I failed to mention that.  The hologram would stick to the back. I have already messed around with stickers and the like

woot ! wooot !!   Shocked
 is this a joke ?... seriously ..?  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: