Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:52:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AUCTION: The Dual Cryptocurrency, BTC & ETH.  (Read 1341 times)
wheresmycoin (OP)

Activity: 654
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 01:30:03 PM

Up for auction- The Dual Cryptocurrency, for BTC & ETH.

Hightlights:
- two cryptocurrencies in one coin
- hologram-less
- massive palm-sized silver coin, mintage: 1 piece
- high grade stainless-steel private keys
- precious gemstones Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald setting(handcrafted)

2 hidden physical private keys, BTC & ETH.

GOLD and RHODIUM plated onto 999 fine silver
WT: 21.54oz, Diameter: ~ 100.2mm
The first and one of a kind

- Starting bid: 1 BTC
- End date: 31 Aug 2016
- Bid increment: 0.001BTC
- Each bid in the last 15 minutes extends deadline by 15mins.

Coin will be fully credited with 1 Bitcoin + 1 Ethereum before shipping to the winner.
The winning bid is inclusive of the denominated cash value of 1BTC +1ETH, exclusive of shipping charges.
Payment to be made within 48 hours of winning.

Refer to OP in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1561362.0 for payment/update.

more photo: http://imgur.com/a/0YRvG

A year and a half ago, i had paid and asked someone in this forum to manufacture the dual cryptocurrency but product was not delivered.

This coin was finally made a reality after 2 years. This is the first coin release, there will be more rare and innovative surprises in store for the future..
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:19:03 PM

1BTC

OGNasty or Monbux for escrow, I will pay any fees/tips for escrow.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 03:39:53 PM

1.001 with Ognasty escrow

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
hybridsole

Activity: 943
Merit: 783

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:13:26 PM

Can you elaborate on how the private keys are embedded? I'm curious what type of tamper evident features there are, so that one can resell this without fear the key has been exposed. 
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:49:16 PM

Can you elaborate on how the private keys are embedded? I'm curious what type of tamper evident features there are, so that one can resell this without fear the key has been exposed. 

From what I understand, the keys are behind the gemstones, which you would have to prise out of the ''coin'' to retrieve.
If I remember correctly, OP has stated somewhere that there will be a metal part which slides out into your hand when the gemstones are removed.

I personally think there could be some security issues with this kind of arrangement, unless the gemstones literally cannot be removed and replaced without it being very obvious this has been done.

OP, will you elaborate on this please?

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 05:54:49 PM

From what I understand, the keys are behind the gemstones, which you would have to prise out of the ''coin'' to retrieve.
If I remember correctly, OP has stated somewhere that there will be a metal part which slides out into your hand when the gemstones are removed.

I personally think there could be some security issues with this kind of arrangement, unless the gemstones literally cannot be removed and replaced without it being very obvious this has been done.

I should have also stated, I appreciate that you would probably end up having to replace the gemstones if you were to remove the ones in there. I don't know how difficult this will be in practice though without it being obvious.

I would have edited my post, apologies for the second.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2016, 11:11:12 PM

1BTC

OGNasty or Monbux for escrow, I will pay any fees/tips for escrow.

ok, i have done escrow with them before.

1.001 with Ognasty escrow

Current highest bid
uvdmnte

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:02:35 AM

wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 12:03:29 AM

There is a secret chamber inside the coin, and a security device is connected to the private keys which will go off once tempering is detected, alerting the local police.

Just kidding.. Cheesy

Actually, a slot for hiding the physical private keys is located beneath the gemstones. The gemstones are then set in place to conceal the private keys. Before, quite a number had turned down the request to set the gemstones on this coin, saying it cannot be done on something this big.

I understand the security concerns, this is more of a luxury concept for now and coin is currently under going a "presidential race"..  Lips sealed

All the coins produced will be hologram-less. I have plans for a hologram-less tamper proof concept which will be virtually impossible to temper with, unless you can imitate exactly the whole coin.

DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2016, 01:02:28 AM

1.003BTC, with OGNasty or someone else trusted for escrow.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
miffman
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 10:41:41 AM

1.004 with Ognasty escrow. If I make any more bids, I will want escrow with Ognasty for all of them.

I didn't realize this auction is so long  Grin

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 01:28:37 PM

1.003BTC, with OGNasty or someone else trusted for escrow.

1.004 with Ognasty escrow. If I make any more bids, I will want escrow with Ognasty for all of them.

I didn't realize this auction is so long  Grin

ok no problem..

wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 01:32:54 PM

production cost of this coin excluding the silver alone runs up steeply.

if the final bids are lower than my production cost i might have to list this coin on ebay instead.
miffman
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 01:47:54 PM

if the final bids are lower than my production cost i might have to list this coin on ebay instead.

Then you should have a reserve in place. A lot of people don't like winning auctions and not being able to get their item  Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
freedoge.co

Activity: 909
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 01:59:23 PM

interesting piece of art. It's so huge Smiley I'm curious how does the protection of private keys work. Could you share more details if it's not a secret, is it protected against x-ray scan?

wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 02:49:56 PM

interesting piece of art. It's so huge Smiley I'm curious how does the protection of private keys work. Could you share more details if it's not a secret, is it protected against x-ray scan?

dense and thick metals can stop x-ray. so im not sure how well the scans results will show up if private keys are enclosed in silver.

There are two high grade stainless steel square plates stack against each other in this coin(like poker cards inside a pack). And both sides of each plate has been engraved with private

keys. Hence a total of four sides will be stacked against each other(like poker cards inside a pack). If x-ray is done, i believe the results will be too legible to be read. Due to the jumbled up

and stacked letters of 4 times.

I already have a method for a tamper proof hologram-less for future productions, and this security level will most probably be the highest possible.
but after i have funds and it will take abit more work.
wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 29, 2016, 02:52:47 PM

Then you should have a reserve in place. A lot of people don't like winning auctions and not being able to get their item  Smiley

ok noted.
wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 12:15:38 AM

winner can have the option of NOT funding this coin with 1 BTC.

Btw, 1 ETH has already been funded into this coin.
wheresmycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:48:28 AM

coin may be buy out anytime before auction end date, if the offered price is right.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 01:53:09 AM

winner can have the option of NOT funding this coin with 1 BTC.

Btw, 1 ETH has already been funded into this coin.

Even with good trust, what about the concern that you would have the private key, since they had to come from somewhere?

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: