Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:40:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sold all my eth for etc  (Read 5473 times)
Rutdam

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 07:26:27 AM

I would have sold all of my ETH for ETC the same moment Vitalik panicked and told exchanges to stop all trades. From that moment Ethereum and their foundation died.
too many large financial organisations and a load of mega big bucks are invested in ETH development for it to fail now. ETC criminal coin was created by criminals for criminals and will see little development.

Next time there's a contract on ETH not working as intended, is ETH going to fork again, or is it going to become a criminal coin too ?

When the ETH becomes pure PoS, it is more difficult to fork. That is according to the comments by the Vitalik himself.
Rastanan

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 10:29:14 AM

I would have sold all of my ETH for ETC the same moment Vitalik panicked and told exchanges to stop all trades. From that moment Ethereum and their foundation died.
too many large financial organisations and a load of mega big bucks are invested in ETH development for it to fail now. ETC criminal coin was created by criminals for criminals and will see little development.

Next time there's a contract on ETH not working as intended, is ETH going to fork again, or is it going to become a criminal coin too ?

When the ETH becomes pure PoS, it is more difficult to fork. That is according to the comments by the Vitalik himself.

I am a miner. I think the PoW of the ETH should last longer so that the proportion of the premined coins will become lower.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 11:39:38 AM

That is a ridiculous argument, because a fork can do of course anything, including altering the PoS and even the whole PoW history.

machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:02:25 PM

I think its a good move, since the hardfork news eth has taken a beat, and the trust level is decreasing, so changing side to etc i think is a good idea, but i still hope eth can survive because i still has a high hope for eth
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 01:44:20 PM

Can you show us any proof you actually had any ETH ? Because i don't believe you did. You probably understand why i don't believe you, like 99% of ETC supporters never had any ETH.

and that is a "must"? you can only buy ETC if you had ETH?
oh mETH heads.... always the same sh*t arguments...
Omegasun

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 02:01:37 PM

Can you show us any proof you actually had any ETH ? Because i don't believe you did. You probably understand why i don't believe you, like 99% of ETC supporters never had any ETH.

and that is a "must"? you can only buy ETC if you had ETH?
oh mETH heads.... always the same sh*t arguments...

Hahahah. Very funny conversation about eth and etc i have both of them because they are good coin in trading. There's no law regarding ETC and ETH buying connection. And i think i belong on the 1% he stated.

Tagz
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█      █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:33:38 AM

You guys see these people with betcoin.ag as icon ? Pay them a visit in 6 months and laugh at them. They are all heavily invested in ETC, they never owned any ETH, and they'll die poor. Mark my words.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2114
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:10:17 AM

It is better not put your egg in the same basket when it comes to ETH and ETC. Both could prosper my guess

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Efemen

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:30:11 PM

It is better not put your egg in the same basket when it comes to ETH and ETC. Both could prosper my guess

I do not think so. Only one of them will survive the long term. The business and companies will only use the strong one.
KryptoKings

Activity: 854
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 02:53:38 PM

I personally believe a few things will happen that will go ETC's way

1. Stolen coins will be dumped. This will not kill the coin. May drop in price for a hot min but that's about it.
2. ETH Foundation will be linked to the DAO disaster (as in they are responsible and have most of the funds) causing people to lose confidence in ETH.
3. ETH Foundation will make more stupid moves in the future from over confidence.
4. ETC hash power will catch and pass ETH.
5. ETC will put together an infrastructure of community leaders that will promote confidence.
6. ETH will go to PoS sooner than expected. Major whales will try to keep things going but the miners will move on to ETC or another coin.
7. ETC will gain support from major names in the Bitcoin community causing other to sway away from ETH.

These are just my opinions and I have been wrong before. I personally have gotten away from ETH to ETC.
raphma

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:15:35 PM

mETH heads doesnt know that, they are heavily in ETH and they think the other side is heavily in ETC.... there are no other investments for them.

I do not think so. Only one of them will survive the long term. The business and companies will only use the strong one.
and why are you so sure of that?... they could both die.
Zenixin

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

MR06Q8ZM3194

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:17:23 PM

mETH heads doesnt know that, they are heavily in ETH and they think the other side is heavily in ETC.... there are no other investments for them.

I have some Ethereum in my wallet. I have sold all my ETC. That is because somebody owns 3.6 million ETC and could crash the price.

⌂ the SUITE | THE NEW GENERATION OF LOYALTY PROGRAM
Visit : www.fidelitysuite.com
mining1

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:31:44 PM

Lol, delusionalism at it's finest. First, ethereum is not something 100% perfect, trial and error, some dapps will fail, some won't. And if somehow some disaster happens, idc, eth team dies struck by lightning, that doesnt mean ETC will take it's place. It has no chance at all.  I mean, why would take ETC the place and not expanse or other 10+ clones ? Don't believe what barry silbert says, he's a pump&dumper, already dumped his coins.
shyliar

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:43:34 PM

Lol, delusionalism at it's finest. First, ethereum is not something 100% perfect, trial and error, some dapps will fail, some won't. And if somehow some disaster happens, idc, eth team dies struck by lightning, that doesnt mean ETC will take it's place. It has no chance at all.  I mean, why would take ETC the place and not expanse or other 10+ clones ? Don't believe what barry silbert says, he's a pump&dumper, already dumped his coins.

Now that's something smart investors want to purchase......something that works by trial and error.  Roll Eyes
mining1

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:08:04 PM

That's how it works when you do something that hasn't been done before, you learn from your mystakes. Only stupid people expected a 100% finished and bug free project, that only works if you do something that's simple and been done before, like a btc clone.
Efemen

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 08:22:25 AM

I have some Ethereum in my wallet. I have sold all my ETC. That is because somebody owns 3.6 million ETC and could crash the price.

I heard the ETC supporters will have a meeting in London in September this year. So I shall wait until then before buying any ETC now.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 08:29:46 AM

I hope in two months time, you will not regret your action today. The ETC might not survive the DAO hacker's dump.

The DAO hackers dump would be good for ETC. Then the problem of the "stolen funds " is gone forever
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 08:41:04 AM

You know that some people owns 3,6 millions ETH too, right ? And that they could dump it the same way, right ? While teh DAO attacker might get its coins frozen, those ones won't have any problem to dump them. Since the Ethereum Foundation (ETH) tried to dump stolen ETC, we know that the DAO attacker will be under the spot.
marty123

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 04:05:21 PM

I am HODL ing all my ETC :-)
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 08:08:50 PM

What kind of POS have ETH ?
Probably it will be hard when most coins are on exchanges Cheesy hahaha... and voting to change protocol will be will of
exchange owners today probably poloniex will be king.
I think that can be ETH issue. Polo was not hacked for long.
POS have problems with that matter people don't realy care about stacking coins for 1$ revenue while it cost 120$ year for power.
And we and in world where a bigger stacker will be exchanges - always online and big chunk of coins in their hand.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: