Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:52:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORACLE | Restoring Faith in Humanity via Blockchain - 18HRS TO GO  (Read 18052 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
OCTOPARTY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 02:39:30 PM

i liked your project but this noderunner upvote scares me.... what if i do a legit act of kindness and dont get upvoted? like what is happening with steemit.

Yes, it's a very subjective thing. But you never know, you could add criteria checkbox's, instead of a simple upvote. Then you could see reasons why the user upvoted or downvoted.

I'm also curious, what if someone has 100 upvotes/0 downvotes and another user has 5 upvotes/0 downvotes? Are they rewarded the same? Should they be? Even if you have 100 up/4 down vs 5 up/4 down. Both win in upvotes, but one barely wins.

There is a simplicity of a single up vs down. But there are also many questions that could make this very complex. Which is why I found this project interesting.

Steemit is a beast of it's own but definitely can be looked at when you look at voting on subjective things like this.
OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 02:45:19 PM

On the Steemit part, one thing to remember is presentation. You can have a great idea to share, but if the presentation sucks, I suppose it may not even reach the user. This platform could be the same. The way you film it, the setup, the delivery, many things come into play besides the action itself.

I could take a $100 bill and simply walk up and give it to someone and film it. Or I could do quite a bit of planning, and set up the whole situation, have another person film it while I deliver the $100, talk to the person you are giving it to, explain their situation, end with a hug and a smile.

The second video, if setup properly may be more touching and get more upvotes than simply filming me walking up and handing $100 to someone. The end is the same, you helped someone with $100, but the delivery and the story around it will make the difference on the viewers voting.

One video version of the scenario could go unnoticed, while the other version could go viral. The end result of helping someone with $100 is the same, but the voting can be impacted.
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 02:50:24 PM

Can i request a windows app to be made i am using a windows phone so many app are being build for ios and android but not on windows base phone.
fflaguna (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:59:30 PM

On the Steemit part, one thing to remember is presentation. You can have a great idea to share, but if the presentation sucks, I suppose it may not even reach the user. This platform could be the same. The way you film it, the setup, the delivery, many things come into play besides the action itself.

I could take a $100 bill and simply walk up and give it to someone and film it. Or I could do quite a bit of planning, and set up the whole situation, have another person film it while I deliver the $100, talk to the person you are giving it to, explain their situation, end with a hug and a smile.

The second video, if setup properly may be more touching and get more upvotes than simply filming me walking up and handing $100 to someone. The end is the same, you helped someone with $100, but the delivery and the story around it will make the difference on the viewers voting.

One video version of the scenario could go unnoticed, while the other version could go viral. The end result of helping someone with $100 is the same, but the voting can be impacted.

You make a very valid point, and i will address these non-issues in the upcoming video conference, and explain how i will combat the differentiation between videos and targeted attempts. The conference will be capped and uploaded to youtube for those unable to view it due to different time zones.

Can i request a windows app to be made i am using a windows phone so many app are being build for ios and android but not on windows base phone.

At this stage it will only be iOS & Android.. but if i get enough support i can add windows phone to the timeline.
OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 07:28:54 PM

You make a very valid point, and i will address these non-issues in the upcoming video conference, and explain how i will combat the differentiation between videos and targeted attempts. The conference will be capped and uploaded to youtube for those unable to view it due to different time zones.

At this stage it will only be iOS & Android.. but if i get enough support i can add windows phone to the timeline.

Oh yeah, when I said set up, I only meant planning and executing actually helping someone. But, I didn't think about fraudulent attempts to trick users into thinking a video is legit. Interested to see how to combat this. I'm sure there would be attempts.
iambitcoin5

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:55:23 PM

So its true that there is no escrow? Is this project legit?

FraudCheck

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:02:41 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2016, 12:14:27 AM by FraudCheck

His idea could be very very success in the future, he also need to have coins as amount percentage of the sales for his working cost.
http://prntscr.com/c5235n but lets see

supposedly if he use escrow, he can reboot or extend the ICO with no big problem, and got a lot of funding, will be far more than his target
OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 12:19:41 AM

His idea could be very very success in the future, he also need to have coins as amount percentage of the sales for his working cost.

supposedly if he use escrow, he can reboot or extend the ICO with no big problem, and got a lot of funding, will be far more than his target

No, the ICO is over.
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:29:18 AM

As of right now, I don't see anything pointing right to the word "legit"

Its also a self-moderated thread.

Where is the team? Who is Brett Hitchcock is there a proof that he does exist?
OCTOPARTY

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2016, 12:33:41 AM

As of right now, I don't see anything pointing right to the word "legit"

Its also a self-moderated thread.

Where is the team? Who is Brett Hitchcock is there a proof that he does exist?

We'll see. At this point it's up to him to prove it. Nonetheless, the ICO is over, so now we'll see.
FraudCheck

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 01:22:46 AM

No, the ICO is over.
No escrow , what next update  Huh Pfft !!
yes just finish that ICO, took time to work, and good will to reply and doing good gesture maintaining investors with an update periodic

there is also no guarantee on escrow too, if someone copy and paste others project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1584000
its easy to redesign and replace all words with "Microsoft word replace-all"

this oracle is the good point where to proof people, humanity goodness is not over
danblize

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 01:52:40 AM

iCO should be over on 9th, but the op reset and delay the deadline for many days, until 13 th. So you guys can assess it by yourselves
copaamerica

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:23:19 AM

appreciate your assistance and support! i will contact you via pm over the next days.

well here we are in the final 7 hours  Cool

total of 49.23 btc raised so far.

9th August Update

Final Crowdsale Tier is Active
Crowdsale Participation: http://oraclesector.com/

Final Tier: Day 6-9 [ACTIVE] [Raised 49.23 ฿]
The third tier investors will gain coins @0.000020 ฿ per coin.

49.23BTC raised so far.

http://www.pending.me.uk/cdc/tea_1471028400.png/center]

You fucking scammer shit, you said ico was over, and still 7 hours? I am fucking your mom for 7 hours a;reafy. 50 btc is ready for your tomb and coffins for your whole family.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:47:35 AM

I tried to warn as many people as I could but this is where Bitcointalk drops the ball really, moderators are non existent. We are not talking about a quick  0.05 loan here...
blg42598

Activity: 867

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 03:54:35 AM

I invested a little 0.1 in this but we should take this as a lesson. Learn to not invest in little ICOs like these. This one had little information, no information on the user, and no escrow.
mercureis

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:27:47 AM

helo dev
ready signature campaign or not
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:56:39 AM

So have we concluded that this one was a scam?
harmonylife

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:03:55 AM

I tried to warn as many people as I could but this is where Bitcointalk drops the ball really, moderators are non existent. We are not talking about a quick  0.05 loan here...

Mods only looking for off-topic posts and ban them. Actually they should permaban scammers like oracle, mentrio op.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:20:56 AM

Mods only looking for off-topic posts and ban them. Actually they should permaban scammers like oracle, mentrio op.

They should be on the lookout for things like this from the start, at least issue warnings.
sbinoca

Activity: 37

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:23:53 AM

is a fraud?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: