Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:48:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoin wallets do you have and why ?  (Read 8974 times)
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:59:06 PM

are not required to use a lot of wallet, but you yourself will know, when it's time you will be using several wallets.
after you do not become a beginner, you will realize when you really need to use a lot of wallets

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 06:57:48 PM

I am using only blockchain.info wallet as I don't find any need to have multiple wallets at a moment as the number of coins I am holding for that I think one wallet is enough.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 01:25:40 AM

I am using only blockchain.info wallet as I don't find any need to have multiple wallets at a moment as the number of coins I am holding for that I think one wallet is enough.

The problem with this thought is your holding all your coin's in a hotwallet.   This can end bad if there is ever a security breach, granted blockchain.info has good history but still you should use cold storage depending on the amount.    A properly done paper wallet can have a huge security advantage over a hot wallet.

So if you are storing any sizeable amount I would re-think that idea.  Possibly investing in hardware wallet which in case of say Trezor are easy to keep secure for most.  Or looking into mentioned paper wallet as they really are secure if done right, and the key is done right one security issue on computer when creating it can defeat all paper wallet security if key/seed is compromised.
soros017

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 01:30:02 AM

Something around ten, for safety reasons.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2016, 06:07:12 AM

Just one really and it's a Coinbase wallet too. I know it's probably not the wisest setup but I like to have all of my stuff in one place, it's just too much of a headache to keep track of tons of different accounts. And for me an online wallet is the obvious choice because again it makes things simpler, I don't have to keep track of my private keys or remember to bring my local wallet with me, I can access my Bitcoins from any computer anywhere in the world without having to download and install anything Smiley
Loepuenkyou

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 03:35:20 AM

iam use electrum wallet because is fast syncronize
Coinster

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 05:14:30 PM

I've been involved in Bitcoin a while and found that I've had different wallets for different things. In other words some wallets are better depending what I want to do. For example, when things were just starting out I ran a full-node Bitcoin desktop wallet as there were no other options. I did that while moving coins into and out of Mt.Gox (I always kept a minimum stored there long term, and lost only around $5 when they blew up). Then Blockchain.info started up and made wallet management easier (no sync time). As other wallets and other coins came out I used them as needed. So now I have various wallets on the web and accounts at different exchanges, but low actual balances on them until I need to do something specific.
Natlind

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 05:58:35 PM

As of now I have only one wallet. Wallet in blockchain.  Many say it is well protected. Well secured.
SteinsMadScientist

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:49:59 AM

I have three: A public hot wallet that I carry small amounts on (phone).  A web wallet for the exchanges and an offline wallet for the bulk.  I would consider always having a cold wallet and a phone wallet that way if you lose your phone, you're not losing much.
ayesha sadiqa

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:49:56 AM

i have only one bitcoin wallet because i am pretty new here and do not have much experience about bitcoin. i have the only one wallet where i keep my bitcoin that i earn from signature campaign or buying bitcoin directly.
kulas

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 01:09:20 PM

I am using 3 wallets. electrum, coinbase and coins.ph. electrum for storing large amount, coinbase for gambling and coins.ph for cashout.
sugarfly

Activity: 135

Zettel-Dolphin

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:34:31 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2016, 08:15:53 AM by sugarfly

On my main desktop computer that I use many hours a day I keep a full bit coin node running (bitcoin core) so I have 1 wallet there.
I'm thinking about buying a Hardware wallet, but not sure yet which model.

-sf-
realworld

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 10:25:10 PM

I have only one but i dont have any bitcoin in my wallet why i am using bitcoin wallet because i want to earn bitcoin and i want to keep it  safe.
virusasog

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:25:59 PM

i have only one bitcoin wallet because i am pretty new here and do not have much experience about bitcoin. i have the only one wallet where i keep my bitcoin that i earn from signature campaign or buying bitcoin directly.

Hey its good see Islamic girl is using bitcoin and being in this forum. You can try to have some desktop wallet like electrum, bitcoin  core or some other wallet.
Atleast segment the addresses inside your single wallet to manage it well.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:43:11 PM

I'm just trust 1 wallet which is blockchain since it was the first wallet that exist after bitcoin developed.
ALthough there are some issue about blockchain but it never let me down

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:37:57 PM

too many wallet can make you confused and you do not must have a lot of wallets. but if you need something different from other wallet, maybe you can use more than one. I only use one wallet and I think this is simple and easy. but sometimes I keep my bitcoin in the local exchange, because it was very reliable so I'm not too worried save many bitcoin there, because it is very safe. essentially people using more than one wallet, it could to secure their bitcoin, so do not keep too many bitcoin on one wallet to avoid something bad happens, like getting a hacker.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:21:42 PM

I'm just trust 1 wallet which is blockchain since it was the first wallet that exist after bitcoin developed.
ALthough there are some issue about blockchain but it never let me down
Yeah even I am also using only one wallet since I am into bitcoin as I find it very convenient and easy to use and it also has great safety measures which keeps our coins safe in the best way.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:23:23 PM

I have just one. I am using Blockchain Wallet since 2013 (the year I found BTC), because I thought it's the safest. And to my surprise, I have never had any problem with it. The wallet works smooth and it's as secure as possible. Therefore, I never had problems.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 09:21:43 PM

Right now I am using 6 diffent addresses for different purposes.

3 addresses are purely dedicated to be used as cold storage for my coins.
1 address is for here on Bitcointalk.
2 addresses are being used for the general sending and receiving stuff. These however get changed from time to time.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Jalinco

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 10:30:17 PM

Every machine you want to store Bitcoin on should have its own wallet. If you have the same wallet on two machines, there can and will be a lot of problems.

What I believe you are asking is why people have multiple addresses. Addresses are different from wallets. A wallet is a collection of addresses.

The reason for having multiple addresses is to preserve privacy and security. It is not advised to reuse addresses since it both allows people to see how much money you have and reduces plausible deniability. By giving out different addresses for different payments, the people paying you cannot know for certain how much money you have. For security, if ECDSA happens to be broken, not reusing addresses helps protect your Bitcoin. The public key for an address is exposed when you send Bitcoin. If ECDSA is broken. then by the time your public key is exposed (and thus allowing attackers to find the private key to steal your Bitcoin), the Bitcoin is already gone from the address so there is nothing to steal.

Couldn't have said it better to be honest. I personally use coinbase and block.io. Pretty much just started out so can't comment on the security or quality of these services but no problems so far.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: