Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:54:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many bitcoin wallets do you have and why ?  (Read 8976 times)
plpbtc1526

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:40:51 AM

i have only one bitcoin wallet because i am pretty new here and do not have much experience about bitcoin. i have the only one wallet where i keep my bitcoin that i earn from signature campaign or buying bitcoin directly.
You dont need to have many wallets because its very confusing. You might get confused about the names or passwords of your own wallets. If you have small amount of btc, one wallet is enough. Me, im using two wallet. One is for receiving and the other is a local wallet which i can convert btc to cash.
airezx20

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 10:56:40 AM

Right now i am using to bitcoin wallets.First is block.io and the second is blockchain.info.
I alos used Xapo in the past but its pretty complicated i think and heard they blocked some users account to i left that.
I use block.io because it is the simplest wallet that i could use and also provide dogecoins and litecoins wallet and blockchain.info is obviously the best online wallet.
warwar

Activity: 798
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:09:55 AM

i have only one bitcoin wallet because i am pretty new here and do not have much experience about bitcoin. i have the only one wallet where i keep my bitcoin that i earn from signature campaign or buying bitcoin directly.
You dont need to have many wallets because its very confusing. You might get confused about the names or passwords of your own wallets. If you have small amount of btc, one wallet is enough. Me, im using two wallet. One is for receiving and the other is a local wallet which i can convert btc to cash.

Yeah right! You are new in bitcoin so just stick to one wallet. So you are using 2 wallet? just because of that reason? why?  for security? Cheesy just asking got a little bit curious about it.
Then mine is got 2 wallet also one is the wallet is base on our country and one is for other country or outside and its famous im using 2 because if i am using my local wallet and someone sending money outside it is pretty slow thats why Cheesy
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:16:38 AM

I have got two web wallets one coinbase and another xapo, this both i am using for online trading and sports betting and for faucet earning and for investment i use electrum desktop wallet. This wallet i use to save my bitcoins for future expenses when i am in really in need of fiat currency i convert them to my fiat currency and meet my personal expenses. Other then this i have got lot of wallet online but i used them one or two times only.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:21:21 AM

As of now I've two bitcoin wallets. For regular transactions Blockchain.info is used as it gives the much easier accessibility compared to other wallets. Localbitcoins.com is used for long term holding for the high security feature.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 12:14:26 PM

As of now I've two bitcoin wallets. For regular transactions Blockchain.info is used as it gives the much easier accessibility compared to other wallets. Localbitcoins.com is used for long term holding for the high security feature.

I think localbitcoins.com is a exchange site and keeping bitcoins in that wallet is high risky as if the exchange got hacked or any other problem comes, then your bitcoins will be problem as you are not holding the wallet it is third party service which you are using it, which dont have full control to you. So it is better that you can use blockchain.info or any desktop wallet or hardware wallet which is more safe as you will be having full control of the wallet.

i am using coinbase or online webwallet and electrum for desktop wallet.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 05:07:09 PM

I have two wallets as of the moment and I don't have that much bitcoin anyway. I use the other one for earning and accumulating bitcoin while the other one is for cashing out.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Purwodadi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 01:43:07 AM

I have about 5 wallets (3 online wallets, 1 offline wallet and 1 android wallet). because i like to diversify my coins between more than wallet. But in the same time i prefer using Blockchain wallet more than the others.
soros017

Activity: 238
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:57:05 AM

I have about 5 wallets (3 online wallets, 1 offline wallet and 1 android wallet). because i like to diversify my coins between more than wallet. But in the same time i prefer using Blockchain wallet more than the others.
I have a similar number. I had twice before, but realized it was an exaggeration.
beamforming2

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 09:49:23 AM

Untill now I  use only one bitcoin wallet and because bitcoin is not a lot and always run out for use.
CrimBit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:09:06 PM

i have arround 5-6 wallet :
1. xapo (daily wallet)
2. paper wallet (use offline vanitygen)
3. blockchain.info
4. mycellium (android wallet )
5. electrum wallet
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 05:14:51 PM

a beginner should not have much wallet, because your income is probably not too much.
but it makes a lot of purse I thought only to avoid lots of storage on a single bitcoin wallets to avoid when the wallet got hack.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 11:25:29 AM

Hey guys, so I am a newbie and i saw some of members here have multiple bitcoin wallets , why is that? do i need to make multiple bitcoin wallets as a beginner ?

You can make your wallets as you like, most of the members have wallets more than one and i am also 2 and 3 wallets. Because it is easy way especially you should one make wallets into your mobile. But it depend on you which you like easy. otherwise it is not necessary. 
elyas772

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 12:32:39 PM

Hey guys, so I am a newbie and i saw some of members here have multiple bitcoin wallets , why is that? do i need to make multiple bitcoin wallets as a beginner ?

using more than 1 wallet for security is better choice, now im using xapo, coinbase, blockchain, mycellium, electrum and block.io

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 01:24:02 PM

a beginner should not have much wallet, because your income is probably not too much.
but it makes a lot of purse I thought only to avoid lots of storage on a single bitcoin wallets to avoid when the wallet got hack.

That's not a problem Just create one database in excel and maintain it to have more addresses and more wallets. Try to install electrum desktop wallet It is very safe and you can use when you are doing transactions.
shintosai

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 01:27:26 PM

That's not a problem Just create one database in excel and maintain it to have more addresses and more wallets. Try to install electrum desktop wallet It is very safe and you can use when you are doing transactions.
i'm using electrum too mate as my main wallet for my dekstop  and some web wallet for my transaction whenever i try to withdraw it with my bank account, but keeping my earn btc it is safe with my desktop wallet.

Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 27, 2016, 07:10:40 AM

In the beginner, it is not necessary, if you are not doing investment or trading, if you are doing only work on signature campaign than i think only one is enough but mostly members are have multiple wallets because they are doing other investment and also it is easy way to use the bitcoin in anywhere.
bapparabi

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 11:04:08 AM

The only wallet that is use is blockchain.info wallet and I use it because it’s the best and most trustable wallet in market.It is easy to use in desktop and mobile as well with good security features as well.
shugareward

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 03:07:54 PM

I have 3 only(others have more) and i have 3 because i spread bitcoins i have to them, there were accidents before that wallet got hacked and so on, so i try to avoid things like these now
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2114
Merit: 593

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 04:39:28 PM

How many bitcoin wallets do you have? or How many bitcoin address do you have? there is a difference between a wallet and addresses, just read the shorena says about the difference between wallet and addresses: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1571267.msg15771080#msg15771080
and also I only have 5 bitcoin address, 2 for business and 3 for personal.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: