Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:39:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I officially quit Mt.Gox, moving to BTC-E  (Read 5810 times)
lucif (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 10:29:46 PM

Actually I am tired of this shit happening on MtGox. I considered it is not suitable for good trading as it always provides traders with surprises. Points:

* Order lag (its a bug actually casted to feature!)
* Trade interrupts, engine freeze. From minutes to hours.
* Sudden price false spikes, for example my ask order is at $13.80 and price went to $14 then down without affecting my order.
* Absolutely no feedback on above from Mt.Gox side (dummy answers). They pretend its okay and running fine.
* The most draconian fees in bitcoin world. They leave all above untouched having about up to $100.000 or even greater on daily fees.

I am silent about fiat withdrawals issues. This subforum should have a lot of such.

Taking into account all positive and negative effects of my decision, I decided that working with Gox is a pain in ass full of hidden risks which can overwhelm profits some day.

I move to BTC-E. I am not a big fish for Gox, but seems that big for btc-e. And liquidity issues are less pain in ass than mtgox ones on this stage.

I make this decision public to show my big pennis to Mt.Gox.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ralree

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 10:40:12 PM

Actually I am tired of this shit happening on MtGox. I considered it is not suitable for good trading as it always provides traders with surprises. Points:

* Sudden price false spikes, for example my ask order is at $13.80 and price went to $14 then down without affecting my order.
* Absolutely no feedback on above from Mt.Gox side (dummy answers). They pretend its okay and running fine.
* The most draconian fees in bitcoin world. They leave all above untouched having about up to $100.000 or even greater on daily fees.

I am silent about fiat withdrawals issues. This subforum should have a lot of such.

Taking into account all positive and negative effects of my decision, I decided that working with Gox is a pain in ass full of hidden risks which can overwhelm profits some day.

I move to BTC-E. I am not a big fish for Gox, but seems that big for btc-e. And liquidity issues are less pain in ass than mtgox ones on this stage.

Heh.  Pennis.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:05:56 PM

Add to Gox "features" (more to come as I start remember):

* Constantly banning my bots for "too frequent requests" reason. There are no declaration what is frequent and what is not! Fucking exacly please! Even 30 secs is frequent. I should determine this limit expirementally for several days. And some time after my bot is banned again. What is you API for then?

Tux says please use websocket instead. GREAT. How should I use it if it crashed 20 times a day?

Even Coinlab (their official partner!) constantly shows "Mt.Gox sockets are down, price value should display with delays".
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:30:04 PM

Where did the price went to $14??
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 23, 2013, 11:38:51 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2013, 11:49:57 PM by lucif

It was in Jan 2013. This glitch is related to their multi-currency trading implementation. In some conditions low-liquid currency pair trading affects orders from btcUSD pair, so price shortly goes above orders, where it can not go in this moment. Just imagine at current order walls situation - price spikes to $100 then comes back w/o affecting walls picture.
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:01:47 AM

Ah! And the main point due to which I considered to create such topic.

Mt.Gox made fundamental changes to their API leaving warning about this only in specialized subforum.

NO OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE
NO OFFICIAL EMAIL TO API KEYS HOLDERS

They just broke lots of apps (mobile, bots, their own mobile client, their own classic interface) being in center of Bitcoin economy.
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:06:49 AM

Quick someone call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:15:59 AM

Very happy you finally saw the light and chose to move your bitcoins. Mtgox will go down in flames. It will be a lovely day
laughingbear
Deflationary champion

Activity: 622

www.cryptobetfair.com

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 12:20:49 AM

Mtgox is pissing me off as well.  But dont expect too much better from btc-e.  They are scammers, but if you stick to btc-usd, you should be ok. They havent resorted to out right stealing funds yet, that I know of. The interface is much better than mtgox, but btc-e has a LOT of downtime.  We need a new exchange ran by reputable people, that can handle the traffic.
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 12:24:44 AM

I will be happy to switch to one. But btc-e is the second liquid exchange after Gox. Scalp trading even with $10k is pain there for now.

All others are suitable with $1000 or less trading budget.
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 01:46:31 AM

I personally would recommend bitfloor or bitstamp
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:44:45 AM

I think smoothing funds between exchanges even better idea. Bitstamp + btce will bring pretty enough liquidity for now for me.
BlackPrapor

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 04:19:49 PM

Totally agree with you on this point. Unfortunately Gox is the only exchange capable of providing enough liquidity for large capital. It would be awesome to see some competition rising between exchanges. Every one of them has a room for improvement.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 04:24:10 PM

Bitcoin economy is totally centralized to Mt.Gox.

Everything depends on Mt.Gox: ewallets amd merchants use gox, trading feeds use bitcoincharts provider which has KK Tibane Inc owner.

This is nonsense for decetralized currency. If Gox fail we will all crash. And it actually shown example with breaking API.

What will happen if it will have legal issues?

It is central point of failure of bitcoin economy now.
BlackPrapor

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 04:54:50 PM

I wouldn't say everyone is using mtgox, but you have a point. The problem is, if every government in the world will follow US FinCEN's "recommendation", it would kill "exchangeless" p2p trade started by localbitcoins.com

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 08:22:50 PM

I think I want to move to BitStamp/BTC-e for more of my trading; but mostly due to this:

Dear 420,

You are currently making use of a system which will be deprecated on Wed 10 Apr 2013 12:00:00 AM GMT:

Generation of USD and CAD redeemable codes will not be possible due to legal issues

Please note that after this date, using this system won't be possible anymore and will instead lead to an error.

Thank you for your attention.

System Staff
Tibanne Co. Ltd.

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
lucif (OP)

Clown prophet

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:51:14 PM

Yeah, they moving directly to uncle Sam legal hands. This may kill a lot of things. I dunno whether it's good or not, but i really don't like surprises and major changes.

People, please make more liquidity on other places asap by moving there.

Sure I interested in liquidity as trader, but we really need to decentralize exchanges liquidity. >70% of world bitcoin liquidity being in gox is really not good situation. One shot may kill alot.

Personally I moved to btce and bitstamp, 30/70. This looks good for my liquidity demands.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 09:54:51 PM

Until otherwise provided for, BitStamp is the only place I'll touch.

MtGox is the Paypal of Bitcoin. Stop using that which we swear to fight against.

filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 12:35:47 AM

I would like to trade on btc-e but it is a real pain to get $$$ funds into.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 12:48:16 AM

Not sure how you do a closed-loop sell on BitStamp, buy on BTC-E arb system, without losing out in automatic exchanger fees.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: