Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 05:45:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETC to $100, when?  (Read 21430 times)
bobmarley650 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 09:55:00 PM

Not ETH but ETC will see $100.
question is when?

bobbtc@protonmail.com / Working day and night
Chin Cheng

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 08:34:18 AM

question is when?
this might be a perfect time to answer this question as the current price is below the $1 mark and i dont understand what a fork is but i guess it is a split again and if that is the case i dont understand how people start believing Vitalik Buterin
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1136

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 11:44:31 AM

question is when?

as the guys mentioned above theres  really a time for that  and we wont  know when  it would reach that  price amount  and for sure it would really need  adoption  or users  in able to rise  that  on that amount  but  ETH would  x400  on that time.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 11:53:08 AM

First of all lets wait and see what happens after the second coming freaking fork, seems like every 2 or 3 months we are going to fork our way.
Why do you believe ETH? it's all inside trading and a selected group trading among themselves to create fake volume and marketcap.

Don't you just trust these freaks after all no one is satoshi and no coin is bitcoin.

🖤😏
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 12:05:16 PM

question is when?

the answer is simple even without reading what coin you are talking about: Never

no altcoin has yet been created that can go up in price that high because they simply offer nothing interesting to the real world to attract any real investors apart from pump and dumpers and pump and dumpers prefer low prices not high ones because increasing price from 1000 to 2000 satoshi is a lot easier than increasing 0.01 to 0.02

with that said, i am expecting a rise in ETC, not completely sure about this but since ETH has been failing with the new fork and the possible new leftover chain and a new coin, there can be some room for ETC to grow especially since the price has gone down so much.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 01:46:58 PM

question is when?
this might be a perfect time to answer this question as the current price is below the $1 mark and i dont understand what a fork is but i guess it is a split again and if that is the case i dont understand how people start believing Vitalik Buterin
Even after two and half months after OP's speculation of $100, I too guess Ethereum classic will never test $10 levels too. A speculation must be accompanied by supporting news and events whereas OP missed those. Blind throw will never hit target.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:21:39 PM

question is when?
Maybe by the time BTC reaches $1000 ? Jokes apart.There is a long way to go.As for now,there is no active participation from devs to take it whole another level.

as the guys mentioned above theres  really a time for that  and we wont  know when  it would reach that  price amount  and for sure it would really need  adoption  or users  in able to rise  that  on that amount  but  ETH would  x400  on that time.
ETH is dying bro.Get over it. (Don't mean to offend the followers but the recent fork news got me all depressed)
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:31:12 PM

ETC/ ETH were the hot topic for a minute, but people are starting to lose interest.
What has happened since ETH got accepted by Coinbase?
Not much. Just a lot of arguing, attacks and a slight drop in price.
Are people moving on to the next thing or will either of these coins actually stick around?

Untitled87

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 01:01:38 AM

question is when?

not sure about ... what makes u believe?  Huh
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1136

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 02:27:54 AM

ETC/ ETH were the hot topic for a minute, but people are starting to lose interest.
What has happened since ETH got accepted by Coinbase?
Not much. Just a lot of arguing, attacks and a slight drop in price.
Are people moving on to the next thing or will either of these coins actually stick around?

In short people dont  find an extraordinary thing to ETH/ETC  which exist on bitcoin in my own  opinion and also people  dont  like those  constant attacks and issues that happen on  it thats why its popularity  decreases and also the  interest of people .

blackhawk101

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:49:35 AM

ETC to $100, when?

When, if ever it gains $99.01
ricku

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 08:01:52 AM

Nobody can actually say the time but i remember when xmr was been traded under $1 but rose higher within a week, anything can happen when it comes to cryptocoin.

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:08:35 PM

No way ETC will go to $100 unless BTC goes to $100,000. It seems like the pump for ETC is done and the market is looking at other new coins instead. People had enough of the ETH and ETC saga over the last few months and are tired of them. The price of ETC is slowly going down until maybe 50 cents.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Mugtaiya

Activity: 173
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:17:17 PM

No way ETC will go to $100 unless BTC goes to $100,000. It seems like the pump for ETC is done and the market is looking at other new coins instead. People had enough of the ETH and ETC saga over the last few months and are tired of them. The price of ETC is slowly going down until maybe 50 cents.

The ETC might not hard fork to have DDos resistance, so it might survive long.

https://steemit.com/ethereum/@bitcoinmeister/lessons-from-the-ethereum-hard-fork-ethereum-classic-stands-for-something-and-much-more

Lessons from the Ethereum hard fork- Ethereum Classic stands for something and much more...
3 months ago by bitcoinmeister58 in ethereum
These last few days have been incredible in the altcoin space. Ethereum Classic has literally redefined what an altcoin is. This is after Steem rocked the altcoin world for most of July. In the two videos (see them below) that I made over the last two days I discuss the frantic developments that have rocked the Ethereum space and beyond. On Friday I was one of the first people out there talking about Ethereum Classic. I was able to get a hold of some cheap ETC when Poloniex suddenly listed it. It appears Bitfinex will list ETC at some point this week so stay tuned for another possible price surge.
There was a guy bragging about how he was going to DDOS ETH and there was some sort of DDOS going on for a while. The guy gave up on Twitter and since then the ETC hashrate and price have been going up. Last night ETC was around 80 cents and I told people why not GAMBLE $60 on it (when you gamble you are willing to lose it ALL). Well it turned out to be a good gamble so far. The price insanely surged to over $3 for a time and ETC was the $4 coin on coinmarketcap!
Some people say this feels like when Bitcoin was just starting off- surging and gaining interest. I think a lot of Bitcoin people are interested in ETC because of the respectable stand they took. ETC is reminding people that cryptos can be about principles. Excitement is in the air. I think people now fully understand that in a free market one action will have consequences, sometimes these results are huge and you need to be prepared. The fork has brought about the birth of a new coin and has shown that forks for a contract gone wrong are not clean cut events and should be avoided if you want to keep your community united around one coin. Sometimes secession is very necessary though as ETC is showing. This is way beyond an "experiment" now. In a month where the Bitcoin Halving was expected to dominate the news we have seen the Ethereum hardfork become the cryptocurrency story of the year (so far).

Talk of wars and scams does not not help the larger cryptocurrency ecosystem. It is perfectly fine for a person to own BTC, ETC, and ETH. I know I do (although the VAST majority of my holdings are in Bitcoin). I want them all to increase in value.
markisanon2434

Activity: 154

Dapps will be the game changer

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:18:17 PM

question is when?

Seriously!!! ETC at 100$? I am sure that anything can happen in Crypto space, but this is bit too much at least given the present situation. And if ETC reaches 100$, where do think ETH will be at??

ETC has room to make some gains and that is, if they can deliver something solid. But 100 USD is out of the question.

Untitled87

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 03:52:55 PM

i think 100k btc more likely ... !
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:14:03 PM

What are predictions for ETH/ ETC after the upcoming ETH fork?
It will bring attention to both coins obviously,
but is this going to lead to people buying or dumping coins?

Dadiansun

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 05:03:00 PM

What are predictions for ETH/ ETC after the upcoming ETH fork?
It will bring attention to both coins obviously,
but is this going to lead to people buying or dumping coins?

I heard that many ETC holders do not want to hard fork due to the principle of immutability.
http://digiconomist.net/cryptocurrency-highlights-week-41-2016

Ethereum is about to hard fork twice due to recent distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks on the network. Lead developers believe low gas prices have given attackers the ability to threaten the network with these attacks. The first fork is therefore intended to raise gas prices to make it more difficult for the attacker to disrupt the Ethereum blockchain and clients. A second fork will then follow shortly after to revert “the current “state-bloat” introduced by the attacks. This second fork will serve to remove accounts which are empty; lacking code, balance, storage and nonce == 0.” The fork is set to happen at block height 2,463,000. Developer Martin Swende also adds that “as a temporary measure to minimize the effects of the most recent attack, we recommend all miners to lower the gaslimit to 500K gas.”
The hard forks in Ethereum could have an unintended casualty in the form of Ethereum Classic. Although the forks aren’t causing much controversy within the Ethereum community, the same cannot be said for the Ethereum Classic community. The latter has the same vulnerabilities in its network, and would thus have to go through the same forks, but it is currently deeply divided over the matter with some even calling a hard fork a “violation of immutability”. They are also planning to continue running the current chain as Ethereum Classic Uncensored, which would split the already tiny community.
ViaBTC, currently one of the largest pools in the Bitcoin network with around 10% of network hashrate, has decided move all of its mining operations to Bitcoin Unlimited. In a statement ViaBTC argues that the move is necessary to prevent “network suicide”, because “without growing capacity for on-chain transactions the business model of the miners who secure the bitcoin network against attacks will be destroyed. If mining ceases to be a profitable enterprise, and it will if we do not allow conditions which enable more on-chain transactions to occur, the network will lose the enormous amount of computing power that keeps it secure from attackers. This is guaranteed to bring about the failure of Bitcoin the protocol as well as bitcoin the currency.” The latest move comes as a shock to Core developers who are preparing to implement Segregated Witness. The latter would be implemented with a 95% activation threshold (although this can still be lowered), but ViaBTC won’t be supporting it without on-chain scaling.
The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is once again delaying a decision on whether to approve a bid to launch a bitcoin exchange traded fund (ETF) by investors Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss. The SEC is now opening up to additional public feedback, as it is looking for feedback on the “stability of bitcoin, the manner in which the trust will value the holdings, and any potential conflicts of interest between the custodian and bitcoin exchange Gemini, which is owned by the Winklevoss brothers.” Commentators have 21 days from the publication of the SEC document in the Federal Register to formally enter their submissions. Rebuttals can be filed 35 days from that time.
The price of Bitcoin increased by more than three percent this week to a current rate of about $640 per BTC. The price of Ethereum lost a similar percentage, causing the price of Ether to drop to a rate of $11.87 per ETH. Ethereum Classic crashed again on concerns the community could split, taking the price to $0.99 per ETC. Monero another three percent of its value as well. XMR is now trading at a rate of $6.60 per coin.
nindie

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:45:10 AM

iam diference you say in your write in therad
ther real ethreum is ETH not ETC
in can big coin and use big community in ETH not ETC, but ETH is dev and community want not ETH can incraese price until 100 dollar every one ETH
ricku

Activity: 210

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:35:44 AM

No thanks to this discussion, i sold off all my etc yesterday @ 0.0015 + each due to your so called professional speculations and now the price is at 0.0017 +
At times it is better to keep to what you belief.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: