Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:57:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WORST decision about BTC  (Read 9182 times)
pandalion98

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 12:33:21 PM

Hi, all. I know that everyone here would have made some terrible decision about BTC. So I was wondering, what is the worst decision that you have ever made.

Personally, my worst decision was gambling 1.3 BTC in dice, just yesterday. Smiley
My worst decision so far is... none. I'm yet to make a horrible decision. Wish me luck! Smiley
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 12:37:05 PM

Hi, all. I know that everyone here would have made some terrible decision about BTC. So I was wondering, what is the worst decision that you have ever made.

Personally, my worst decision was gambling 1.3 BTC in dice, just yesterday. Smiley
Worst decision i made was trusting my friend with my bitcoins i thought he don't use it for gambling i left her for a while so that i can go to my grandparents and i left her with my bitcoin gambling account and i teach him how it works and he played it for an hour and get lost and my bitcoin are all gone.

demonicsheikh

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 12:39:14 PM

I am sure that the worst choice was not following through on the early days.  I remember at least twice running into Bitcoin in the very beginning.  I also remember mining on a PC and having gotten some, although I can't remember how many.  Both times I left it behind
yeah unfortunately I was late in joining in bitcoin. I think that bitcoin would live only briefly. so I ignored bitcoin bitcoin but it is growing rapidly and bitcoin prices higher. unfortunately I do not buy bitcoin in time for a low price ?

Yeah its better to play on the safe side. In the past most people donated thousands of bitcoins when it was only $0.15/BTC!

In my case the worse would be buying games on steam with bitcoins!!!
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 12:47:18 PM

Worst decision i made was trusting my friend with my bitcoins i thought he don't use it for gambling i left her for a while so that i can go to my grandparents and i left her with my bitcoin gambling account and i teach him how it works and he played it for an hour and get lost and my bitcoin are all gone.

That is really weird, you cannot afford to handover your hard earned coins to anyone, as it takes long time to earn them and few minutes to loose them in gambling, you should take care of it in future.
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:25:23 PM

Fortunately I didn't have any bad episode, wise investments done by me for now.
People do act perfect only when they get enough maturity. But, all the decisions are taken for a good cause unfortunately turning into worst. People so far sharing their experience for their concluded decision, hope your investment is also completed with a better benefit for you.

My worst decision was investing into cloud mining by 2013 in CEX site. I lost around 0.01 BTC, then they were very big amount for me because I were earning from faucets only that at the times.
Hope your investment into cloud mining with CEX will not be a worst decisions when they are resuming their business of cloud mining again when bitcoin goes higher price levels like $800 or $900.
But, most of the bitcoiners have made this kind of decisions when cloud mining were very much promising for our investment some time back.

goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:51:21 PM

That is really weird, you cannot afford to handover your hard earned coins to anyone, as it takes long time to earn them and few minutes to loose them in gambling, you should take care of it in future.

I agree with him. If you know that is just the way to earn it then why gamble it in a risky way. Aint it much better to just hold it more then let it grow until it ripens to the point that it can be used with making you more profitable.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 02:54:23 PM

People do act perfect only when they get enough maturity. But, all the decisions are taken for a good cause unfortunately turning into worst. People so far sharing their experience for their concluded decision, hope your investment is also completed with a better benefit for you.

My worst decision was investing into cloud mining by 2013 in CEX site. I lost around 0.01 BTC, then they were very big amount for me because I were earning from faucets only that at the times.
Hope your investment into cloud mining with CEX will not be a worst decisions when they are resuming their business of cloud mining again when bitcoin goes higher price levels like $800 or $900.
But, most of the bitcoiners have made this kind of decisions when cloud mining were very much promising for our investment some time back.

Yes and I believe that almost all users have lost their money in cloud mining sites in the past and now they will be not at all interested in investing it again in it even if they promise best returns.
BitcoinBell

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 03:06:17 PM

My worst decision with bitcoin is that I did not joined it at the time when my friend suggested it to me now he is much expert in bitcoin and earning higher amount but I am a new comer to it.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 03:53:11 PM

Yes and I believe that almost all users have lost their money in cloud mining sites in the past and now they will be not at all interested in investing it again in it even if they promise best returns.

I do believe that majority of us here are  victims of cloudmining sites in the past when we are just a newbie  and doesnt enough knowledge on those things. We do easily fall on those schemes because we believe on those promised high returns on our investments but  for now we learned from our mistakes.

chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 03:56:34 PM

I do believe that majority of us here are  victims of cloudmining sites in the past when we are just a newbie  and doesnt enough knowledge on those things. We do easily fall on those schemes because we believe on those promised high returns on our investments but  for now we learned from our mistakes.

Yeah and I think we should not regret about those mistakes but we should treat them as an learning experience and make sure that we don't repeat that mistake again in future.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:13:16 PM

Yes hopefully. There will be more chances for another boom of cloud mining industry but we should not make another mistake with that. Actually cloud mining must be a very interesting business opportunity for the investors, but people are not enough patience to get ROI in fiat equivalent at least.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:20:27 PM

Yes, worst decisions will not be possible if you have enough experience and knowledge. But, all the time we cannot be so aware what is going to happen. That is the reason this thread is spreading awareness about people's mistakes to new comers.
Yeah I totally agree, sometimes newcomers make mistake like capitalizing a character in bitcoin address and assuming the money will be sent to the right addresses, I have seen someone doing this so this threads helps users avoiding some obvious mistakes and warning about possible scams.

The ultimate targets of this sites are newbies, as they are well aware that its very easy to attract fresh users of bitcoins and I think this thread will be really helpful to newbies to avoid losses.
pff, you cant be serious mate... of course it is not going to help out any newbies because they will still think that they are far more smarter than all the other people who are in this forum unfortunately and we cannot do anything about that

i remember when i was a newbie everyone told me to never gamble my money and i still did that a lot because i thought that one day it can make me a really rich person, however it was far away from what the truth was, as i lost some money

besides that it wasnt my worst decision to gamble my money, i think that the way worse thing is to put your money into ponzies and people should never do that in order not to promote the scams and make people lose even more money what would be terrible
peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:31:25 PM

Yes, worst decisions will not be possible if you have enough experience and knowledge. But, all the time we cannot be so aware what is going to happen. That is the reason this thread is spreading awareness about people's mistakes to new comers.
Yeah I totally agree, sometimes newcomers make mistake like capitalizing a character in bitcoin address and assuming the money will be sent to the right addresses, I have seen someone doing this so this threads helps users avoiding some obvious mistakes and warning about possible scams.

The ultimate targets of this sites are newbies, as they are well aware that its very easy to attract fresh users of bitcoins and I think this thread will be really helpful to newbies to avoid losses.
pff, you cant be serious mate... of course it is not going to help out any newbies because they will still think that they are far more smarter than all the other people who are in this forum unfortunately and we cannot do anything about that

i remember when i was a newbie everyone told me to never gamble my money and i still did that a lot because i thought that one day it can make me a really rich person, however it was far away from what the truth was, as i lost some money

besides that it wasnt my worst decision to gamble my money, i think that the way worse thing is to put your money into ponzies and people should never do that in order not to promote the scams and make people lose even more money what would be terrible

Yes and instead of doing a charity to scammers its better to loose in gambling, as you will never have a feeling of being cheated in gambling, and if you are lucky then there is always an opportunity to make profits.
bitdumper

Activity: 266

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 04:59:03 PM

my worst decesion in bitcoin world is teaching someone about gambling and not telling about how to excatly use it or how to control your greedness on that so you do not bet all of your balance and lose everything you have

SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 05:13:42 PM

my worst decesion in bitcoin world is teaching someone about gambling and not telling about how to excatly use it or how to control your greedness on that so you do not bet all of your balance and lose everything you have

Oh man that's really crazy on your part, how can you suggest someone to go for gambling to earn money with, in fact you are teaching him to loose all his money that he have.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 03:44:08 AM

my worst decision about BTC was  losing 4 btc to 4 btc dice sites in 3 days
my best decision about bitcoin was winning 3 btc back next week Smiley
which could have turned into the second worst bitcoin decision
also Iinvested into Hashocean 0.01 btc 2 days before it collapsed,which was funny as hell

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:07:30 AM

my worst decision about BTC was  losing 4 btc to 4 btc dice sites in 3 days
my best decision about bitcoin was winning 3 btc back next week Smiley
which could have turned into the second worst bitcoin decision
also Iinvested into Hashocean 0.01 btc 2 days before it collapsed,which was funny as hell

Its good that you recover some of your coins but still you are in loss of 1 btc which is a very huge amount to loose, I have also lost in gambling but it was only 0.2 and I was ok with that.
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 10:26:35 AM

That is the most common answer here. Because everyone in the gambling section is surely greedy. You know that. We all want money. And what do we do if we want money? We gamble.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:23:46 PM

In my early days in earning bitcoin worst moment is still in my destiny because I will always scam by ponzi site but I never learned. He he. Bitcoib is a matter of risking your hardwork money to just get your money grow and get more profit but time by time my skills are improving and I can say I can get money now I mean I get profit.
Sidas_Crew669

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 12:28:24 PM

In my early days in earning bitcoin worst moment is still in my destiny because I will always scam by ponzi site but I never learned. He he. Bitcoib is a matter of risking your hardwork money to just get your money grow and get more profit but time by time my skills are improving and I can say I can get money now I mean I get profit.

HYIP or ponzi was indeed a major problem or something that is very much in circulation in the bitcoin. And also most beginners use ponzi hyips or alternatively folded duplicate bitcoin, it is certainly very huge risk, because if the affected user is bitcoin who have thought less rational. Most likely he will make bad news and hates bitcoin until whenever
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: