Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:51:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I know the reason for a fall from $650 to $600  (Read 1709 times)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2016, 03:14:12 PM

The big event that is probably most relevant to the recent fall in BTC prices is the Ethereum "fork" (due to the DAO "attack").

Basically all holders of ETH (at least those who held the tokens themselves rather than in an exchange) can sell as ETC and still retain their ETH (i.e. "free money" due to the fork).

If you check out the volume of BTC traded for ETC on Poloniex in the last few days you'll be amazed - my guess is many ETH holders have sold ETC to get BTC and cashed out their "windfall" which has caused downward pressure on the BTC to fiat prices.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 03:51:55 PM

There was no good reason for the price to be that high in the first place, so now it is going to some more realistic values.

There is always a reason whenever the price changes. For example, if someone sell their 50 BTC, the selling price will be now high and the buying price will be now lowered.  That causes the price varies everytime.

I didn't said there was no reason, I said there was no good one as in there is no support for this kind of valuation, just speculators buying and selling, no real usage.

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 04:31:45 PM

I think nobody can give you exact answer and it is also hard for me too to figure out why so much constant dumping every day. I think few bitcoins are going towards ETC hype as it is gaining lot more movementum and marketcap recently. So may be after this ETC fever is over than money may flow back in bitcoin from ETC holders.

vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:26:48 PM

Hello when the price was $750 and when it gone down to $650 then the reason everyone was saying as the bitfinex but now once again the price is going down can I know that what is the reason?
the reason is the trap of big traders to pull out all bitcoin holder but I'm sure the price will rise again in the next few days.

serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1255

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:47:57 PM

There was no good reason for the price to be that high in the first place, so now it is going to some more realistic values.

Pretty much  well said.  I agree that bitcoin has no reason why it should raise in price this past months, the halving hype serves as temporary gas to inflate bitcoin price and now that it is done, bitcoin is returning to its realistic value.  I ust hope it doesnt fall below 500 USD.
Antoshka

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 08:48:38 PM

Hello when the price was $750 and when it gone down to $650 then the reason everyone was saying as the bitfinex but now once again the price is going down can I know that what is the reason?
Each time for growth and falling prices have their own reasons. In recent days have such reality has changed significantly. We have seen a drop of $ 40, and now a course for 1 BTC hit $ 568.38 or € 506.40 and this data is only a few minus ago.
useless4

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:18:35 PM

there is no serious reason, get used to it, it is how bitcoin works the price might be dumped or it can grow any time, i think that because of that bitcoins are really great

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Kimi80

Activity: 750
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:31:27 PM

I would also like to know why price of bitcoin fall not on 600 $ on 560 $ now. All I see here are just speculation, nobody knows what is happening out there. Maybe this, or that, its just wild guessing nothing more. I`m watching on CoinDesk how price fall from 565 on 599 and back 560 while Im typing comment. This is very interesting, I didnt have similar experience, I can just imagine how people who have a lot of coins feel about all this.

I will follow price and read comments here, I like this situation that is happening and how people react on this, is it with bitcoin like this from beginning or its like that from recently?
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 09:44:00 PM

the reason is market panic, people panic, they think that bitcoin will fall to deep after halving, but i thinks its not. its just temporary situation. better to hold bitcoin as much as you can.

I also think that the reason is market and people panic, they just saw a little drop in the price and rushed to sell all of their coins and in that the price dropped down much lower, I think it will come to higher price sooner within this week or in the next one, as now a lot of traders started to buy it from everywhere and so with the increased demand the price will once again increase.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 10:54:49 PM

I think nobody can give you exact answer and it is also hard for me too to figure out why so much constant dumping every day. I think few bitcoins are going towards ETC hype as it is gaining lot more movementum and marketcap recently. So may be after this ETC fever is over than money may flow back in bitcoin from ETC holders.
most people give reasons why bitcoi down. is due to ETC? I do not really know about the ETC? is it altcoin? why altcoin can make bitcoin prices to be down? I think there are many reasons why bitcoin prices to be down? and is it natural that bitcoin prices up and down. possible currently to phase down.
thend1949

Activity: 798

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 04:55:28 AM

Nothing can say why bitcoin is down maybe they sell the butcoin in that price or maybe in bitfinex hacking so bitcoin is fall down hope its going up again many panic selling there bitcoin now there afraid to falling down the bitcoin so many investor sell there bitcoin in a lower price. I think its will going up again to 1000$.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:12:08 AM

the reason is the trap of big traders to pull out all bitcoin holder but I'm sure the price will rise again in the next few days.
yeah who knows about it? I think no one knows is it the fall in prices due to price manipulation of trading mafia or purely because of fluctuations in bitcoin? but it certainly is a bitcoin prices would definitely go up again. so if the price is currently down. I hope you can be patient
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 07:49:47 AM

Nothing can say why bitcoin is down maybe they sell the butcoin in that price or maybe in bitfinex hacking so bitcoin is fall down hope its going up again many panic selling there bitcoin now there afraid to falling down the bitcoin so many investor sell there bitcoin in a lower price. I think its will going up again to 1000$.

Maybe nothing can say why its down but for the moment I am surprised how many of the members here don't know it yet that bitfinex is offline and claiming that its coins are stolen.
Here is the link to it : http://www.coindesk.com/bitfinex-shuts-down-customer-bitcoin-stolen/

Bitfinex has not replied officially yet but things are not looking good for the moment. Bitcoin will continue to fall in the near term.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
OrangeII

Activity: 2086
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:04:55 AM

Well, the price of bitcoin is now really down, and the current price of bitcoin has reached $ 538, I think this is because there are many holders of bitcoin in bulk selling bitcoin they have in large quantities at a low price, this might be because the panic selling. if more people are doing it, of course, bitcoin prices will go down like this, but I hope the price will soon rise

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2016, 09:15:29 AM

The big event that is probably most relevant to the recent fall in BTC prices is the Ethereum "fork" (due to the DAO "attack").

Although I think that ETC had some influence over the last week the huge price drop last night would undoubtedly be due to the BitFinex debacle (another exchange bites the dust by the looks of it).

IMO the price will not raise back up for some time (and it may even drop further depending upon what the outcome of the BitFinex issue is).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 09:51:59 AM

Well, the price of bitcoin is now really down, and the current price of bitcoin has reached $ 538, I think this is because there are many holders of bitcoin in bulk selling bitcoin they have in large quantities at a low price, this might be because the panic selling. if more people are doing it, of course, bitcoin prices will go down like this, but I hope the price will soon rise
yeah many bitcoin users start to sell their coins, also bitcoin prices experienced a gradual, downward movement over the course of several days, with market observers pointing to the halving of rewards on the bitcoin network as the cause.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:53:27 PM

Price were falling during all day at yesterday. Even experts were saying it is cause of Bitfinex hack, huge amount was stolen. Hope they will find those stolen money. It wasn't the first huge hack, I heard in 2014 there was the giggest hack in bitcoin history and they could find some money on one wallet; and that time the price also gone down. I am watching the price for bitcoin now and it is rising a bit (if to compare with yesterday's price).
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:58:50 PM

Price were falling during all day at yesterday. Even experts were saying it is cause of Bitfinex hack, huge amount was stolen. Hope they will find those stolen money. It wasn't the first huge hack, I heard in 2014 there was the giggest hack in bitcoin history and they could find some money on one wallet; and that time the price also gone down. I am watching the price for bitcoin now and it is rising a bit (if to compare with yesterday's price).
yes mate it is affected by that hack and now the btc price is suffering might be because of heavy dump of the hackers but it will bounce back as we see it by now it is trying to move up again so we just needed to wait and hold.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:19:24 PM

Price drop is becouse Betfinex is hacked,funds are stolen,that is all i think

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 01:30:24 PM

Although I think that ETC had some influence over the last week the huge price drop last night would undoubtedly be due to the BitFinex debacle (another exchange bites the dust by the looks of it).

IMO the price will not raise back up for some time (and it may even drop further depending upon what the outcome of the BitFinex issue is).

it will recover much quickly than many think, after all $650 was very rock solid

this stupid dump from that hacker will not destroy it, it's like we have another "early adopter" now, nothing so out of hand...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: