Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:45:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Large Bitcoin Collider (Collision Finders Pool)  (Read 193149 times)
hodlcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:40:17 PM

Nice! Cheesy

How did you find out, Rico?
I thought atm the client does not notice the server of a found.txt?

Alles wird gut, die Frage ist nicht ob, nur wann!
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 01:55:58 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 03:15:04 PM by rico666

How did you find out, Rico?
I thought atm the client does not notice the server of a found.txt?

It doesn't. This time, the story is ripe for a Hollywood movie. Main protagonists:

Janu$$
johnsnow1
unknownhostname
rico666
arulbero

If someone (and we all may guess who that someone will be), will again claim this was or might have been staged...  Roll Eyes
Also, I do not believe the address found is an "experimental" address this time.
Please wait a couple minutes more (slow rescanning when importing key)

Rico

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
SlarkBoy

Activity: 114
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:02:06 PM

John Snow is a lucky name  Cheesy
Jude Austin
Legendary

Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 05:04:01 PM

1    Unknownhostname    661507    31s ---- around 175 times more ... still I never find anything Smiley)

A quantum of solace may be that you are co-responsible for this find.  Smiley

Ladies, Gentlemen and becoin!

We are proud to announce a new genuine find of the LBC pool. Please stand by for the technical details while we move the funds to a custodial address.

1CSnQ1LnY37rwz8ezJn5xQrCrifZxExpWV

Cue Jeopardy theme song.....

Buy or sell $100 of Crypto and get $10!
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:45:38 PM

Yeah - writeup (see above) finished. Phew.

Imho we must find a way so client operators get notified, we cannot rely on this sort of luck and quite honestly, I start to believe the pool has found way more addresses than we currently know of.

Rico

all non self-referential signatures except mine are lame ... oh wait ...   ·  LBC Thread (News)  ·  Past BURST Activities
Jude Austin
Legendary

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:58:00 PM

Imho we must find a way so client operators get notified, we cannot rely on this sort of luck and quite honestly, I start to believe the pool has found way more addresses than we currently know of.

Rico

How do we do a hook again?

Jude Austin
Legendary

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 11:30:41 PM

Redacted to maintain stability of Rico's mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_XSShVAnkY

hodlcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:42:23 AM

... I start to believe the pool has found way more addresses than we currently know of....
How?
Operators not noticing the found.txt, or error in the maths?
If the first: let users give a mail adress in the startup call, stored on the server like the btc adress, send a mail when theres an update for the program, the blf or the found.txt file.
That'll alert the operators on time.
If the second: dang. Can't be. LBC is far luckier than expected anyways.

Alles wird gut, die Frage ist nicht ob, nur wann!
icanscript

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:43:43 AM

Rico

Could we not introduce an upload option for the found.txt when something is found, like ftp. found-<clientid>-<epoch>

?
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:49:07 AM

Have you guys found any address with significant amount to reward your efforts yet?
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 09:04:58 AM

... I start to believe the pool has found way more addresses than we currently know of....
How?
Operators not noticing the found.txt, or error in the maths?

Operators not noticing or not getting a chance to notice.

I actually had #50 in mind when thinking about "not noticing" and you know your share about that.  Wink

As for the "not getting a chance to notice", I can remember having a LBC client running on an AWS Spot Instance. Without hook-find, when the instance got terminated, I never got the chance to see if there was a FOUND.txt or not. (Schrödingers cat again...)

So I had to redo the interval, but I cannot eliminate the possibility that something similar happened elsewhere. From the LBC Server logs I cannot see if block intervals that have been correctly delivered were delivered from a machine which then became unavailable to the operator.

The maths is sound as far as we know. Actually when integrating the arulbero-ECC it got checked way more than the original libsecp256k1. => I trust that code more than ever.

If the first: let users give a mail adress in the startup call, stored on the server like the btc adress, send a mail when theres an update for the program, the blf or the found.txt file.
That'll alert the operators on time.

Yes, the next LBC client version will have something like that and more.

I'm thinking about actually nagging the user on screen with some message IF there is no hook-find AND there is a FOUND.txt present.

Executive summary:

Set up your hook-find. And if you haven't done so, until I come up with something look in your collider directory like once every ... ?? at least 48? hours for the presence of a FOUND.txt. Seriously - what's the point driving a client when you ignore the results?

Rico

Janu$$

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:22:43 AM

I had a look who got the block interval that should have found this key: Id Janussss

I wrote to Janu$$ asking if he was actually Janussss (which I assumed) and wanted him to please confirm he actually had something in his FOUND.txt.

After a while he answered confirming he was Id Janussss, but having no FOUND.txt. That was a shock! Was the generator not working again? (some may remember the episode with the win clients) And while I was struggling with life, Janu$$ wrote a PM titled  ____TREFFER IN FOUND.txt____ (HIT IN FOUND.txt) - so he found FOUND.txt  Cheesy
I confirm this!

To clarify why I wrote 2 messages (first "no Found.txt" second "____TREFFER IN FOUND.txt____") to rico was:
The VMs run on 3 computers. Two of them stopped the LBC client very fast and on the third one it took ages. So I wrote the first message telling rico there was no Found.txt, also expecting that on the third machine was no found either. The second message was written after the third LBC client finally stopped and I found the FOUND.txt.
I am quite sure that I had found it anyway at some stage even without rico´s hint, but that could have been taken quite a while. Wink

For the future I might be helpful, if after writing a key in Found.txt, to all the following "Ask for work....."-lines a "Check Found.txt!!" would be added.

Regards,
Janu$$
unknownhostname

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:55:50 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 10:25:01 AM by unknownhostname

Rico,

You mentioned that someone wanted a way to get notifications of found addresses...

Why not use Pushbullet?

I use it for some other stuff I do and I like it a lot.

Check it out: https://www.pushbullet.com/

Thanks,
Jude

why not use this ?

I never check found.txt .. I hope hook-find woks ... or we lost lots of addresses.
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 10:24:27 AM

Why not use Pushbullet?
why not use this ?

Where is the command-line client for Linux?

If there is -> I'm sure we can munge it into hook-find.

Looks for me like a user space sync/notify app. For browsers mobile phones etc. Most LBC clients operate headless.
And those who don't: If you have to startup - say - firefox to send some pushbullet message.

Well you can do even this in hook-find (starting up anything, including a browser).

@icanscript:

Could we not introduce an upload option for the found.txt when something is found, like ftp. found-<clientid>-<epoch> ?

You'll find that the hook-script mechanism is generic enough to achieve this already.

1) You can embed a mail send in the script

but some ISPs block port 25, so you can

2) embedd a HTTP access to some webserver of yours (so you see a find in your logs)

this works, because port 80 is blocked seldom, but not everyone wants to set up his own webserver, so you can

3) anything, even push some data to an FTP server

but if port 21 is blocked, you can

4) anything else  Wink

See https://lbc.cryptoguru.org/man/user#hooks

If someone who can script (hint hint), comes up with other nifty ways of using hooks, I'll be more than happy to document them in the user manual.

Rico

unknownhostname

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:26:56 AM

best thing for me and I think for the rest except you would be this..

Create an account option on your website ...

where everybody can log in

see his Gkeys , see how many mashines are working for him

See if he found something and what mashine did this and so on.

See everything
Jude Austin
Legendary

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 10:40:57 AM

Why not use Pushbullet?
why not use this ?

Where is the command-line client for Linux?

If there is -> I'm sure we can munge it into hook-find.

Looks for me like a user space sync/notify app. For browsers mobile phones etc. Most LBC clients operate headless.
And those who don't: If you have to startup - say - firefox to send some pushbullet message.

Well you can do even this in hook-find (starting up anything, including a browser).

@icanscript:

Could we not introduce an upload option for the found.txt when something is found, like ftp. found-<clientid>-<epoch> ?

You'll find that the hook-script mechanism is generic enough to achieve this already.

1) You can embed a mail send in the script

but some ISPs block port 25, so you can

2) embedd a HTTP access to some webserver of yours (so you see a find in your logs)

this works, because port 80 is blocked seldom, but not everyone wants to set up his own webserver, so you can

3) anything, even push some data to an FTP server

but if port 21 is blocked, you can

4) anything else  Wink

See https://lbc.cryptoguru.org/man/user#hooks

If someone who can script (hint hint), comes up with other nifty ways of using hooks, I'll be more than happy to document them in the user manual.

Rico

Just install Pushbullet using PIP then you can
Code:
pb push "You found something!"
all you have to do after installing using pip is set your Pushbullet API key
Code:
pb set-key 

You can create channels on Pusbullet, so we could have an LBC channel that we can all perch in or not.

Create a bash file:
Code:
 hook-start 
with contents
Code:
pb push "You found a collision on LBC!"
post to channel:
Code:
pb push -c "LBC" "Blah found bleh!"

Profit?

unknownhostname

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:04:46 AM

Profit?

Ofc Smiley
rico666 (OP)
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 11:07:26 AM

Just install Pushbullet using PIP then you can

Could you elaborate on that?

Code:
# pip pushbullet
ERROR: unknown command "pushbullet"

# pip install pushbullet
Collecting pushbullet
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pushbullet (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for pushbullet

# pip install https://github.com/randomchars/pushbullet.py.git
Collecting https://github.com/randomchars/pushbullet.py.git
  Downloading https://github.com/randomchars/pushbullet.py.git
     / 122kB 397kB/s
  Cannot unpack file /tmp/pip-yaw_m1hv-unpack/pushbullet.py.git (downloaded from /tmp/pip-9slohf_4-build, content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8); cannot detect archive format
Cannot determine archive format of /tmp/pip-9slohf_4-build

Code:
pb push "You found something!"
all you have to do after installing using pip is set your Pushbullet API key
Code:
pb set-key 

You can create channels on Pusbullet, so we could have an LBC channel that we can all perch in or not.

Create a bash file:
Code:
 hook-start 
with contents
Code:
pb push "You found a collision on LBC!"
post to channel:
Code:
pb push -c "LBC" "Blah found bleh!"

Profit?

Looks easy and instantly doable. Help me out with the PIP, and I make a hook-find howto for pb.

Rico

Jude Austin
Legendary

The Real Jude Austin

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 11:13:27 AM

THE POWER OF MINUSSSSSS.

Yes, sorry, more elaborate!

https://github.com/GustavoKatel/pushbullet-cli

Installing Pushbullet cli:

Code:
sudo pip install pushbullet-cli

pb set-key // enter your Pushbullet.com API key, it's free.

pb push "Hello world!" // you should get this on your devices

Then just create a bash file to do what ever you want when called.

Can even push the FOUND.txt file with Pushbullet to all devices, hehe.

Thanks,
Jude

rico666 (OP)
Legendary

฿ → ∞

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 11:36:16 AM

Installing Pushbullet cli:

Code:
sudo pip install pushbullet-cli

pb set-key // enter your Pushbullet.com API key, it's free.

pb push "Hello world!" // you should get this on your devices

Then just create a bash file to do what ever you want when called.

Can even push the FOUND.txt file with Pushbullet to all devices, hehe.

Instant profit!

• Install pushbullet as above
  • you get the API-key on pushbullet.com/account
  • create this hook-find in your collider directory:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

pb push "Your client found a private key $1"

Done.

See how generic the hook-concept is? You could have done this without me since ... since when do we have hooks?
Ah! October 20th 2016   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1573035.msg16626719#msg16626719
 Wink

Rico

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: