Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reputation Loans  (Read 934 times)
Mosper (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:59:22 AM

I have 2 open reputation loans on BTCjam looking for investors. I have paid back 3 so far and am making my interest/payments by shorting on MtGox as the prices fluctuate.

5 BTC - https://btcjam.com/listings/2726
3.5 BTC - https://btcjam.com/listings/2728

All funding is appreciated.

Me? I'm just the cynical voice floating in the sea of unchecked optimism.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:10:30 AM

Sigh

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Mosper (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:11:38 AM

Yea yea I know your opinion on them. We get it. Let me know how many loans I have to pay back before I get off your list by the way (or don't I don't care). If nobody here is interested that's fine. Not the end of the world for one extra thread to be in the section.

Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:09:36 AM

If you really want an answer to that question do some math: Lets estimate that you are a potential scammer. So far you "lost" 0.205 BTC with interest payments. That means its still very lucrative for you to scam anything above 0.205 BTC which equals 0 reputation.
Mosper (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:38:26 PM

If you really want an answer to that question do some math: Lets estimate that you are a potential scammer. So far you "lost" 0.205 BTC with interest payments. That means its still very lucrative for you to scam anything above 0.205 BTC which equals 0 reputation.
I don't really care but it's funny to me that you are basically saying people should only ever loan me (if anything) what I've already paid in interest. That is such a nonsensical way of thinking.

edit: You obviously are free to think what you want about my loan requests but the jaded attitude here, while safe and probably for the best, is just amusing in its ridiculous nature. You guys have essentially created a catch 22 when most of the coins stolen in BTCland were large thefts by respected and trusted members.

The 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc BTC random scammer might take here and there doesn't hold a candle to what happens when people actually fit your arbitrary "reputation" standards. Again I am not trying to change your mind just taking in the humor of it all. I am doing pretty decently on BTCjam by borrowing/shorting them on MtGox.

Eisenhower34
Legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:51:03 PM

I don't really care but it's funny to me that you are basically saying people should only ever loan me (if anything) what I've already paid in interest. That is such a nonsensical way of thinking.

God I hate brainless 5 years old smarttalker.
A translation of what i said even for the most ignorant:

Your "trustbuilding loans" do not build any trust!

Offer a service to the community, money exchange, sell goods, offer your service for translation / coding / designing ... or whatever you can offer. Buy shares or something else which you can easily offer as collateral.

Thats how you build trust!
Mosper (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 03:55:26 PM

God I hate brainless 5 years old smarttalker.
A translation of what i said even for the most ignorant:

Your "trustbuilding loans" do not build any trust!

Offer a service to the community, money exchange, sell goods, offer your service for translation / coding / designing ... or whatever you can offer. Buy shares or something else you can easily offer as collateral.

Thats how you build trust!
Actually you said it would still be lucrative for me to take anything over the interest I had lost which meant no reputation was built. Following that logic if I had paid 100BTC in interest it would no longer be a lucrative move for me to run off with 100BTC. Perhaps you should improve the way you phrase your thoughts.

Also this is a lending forum and nothing but my ability to and history of returning loans should matter. I have thrown up a couple of offers to the community but honestly I came here to benefit from the wild fluctuations in BTC value while funding my own business interests at the same time. I don't really care about being your friend one way or another. Nothing personal.

edit: In the interest of being friendly: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=156677.msg1668015#new

Jenger

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:00:50 PM

People don't take kind to reputation loans here..

I personally think that they are okay as long as they are repaid. A loan, is a loan, is a loan.

Mosper (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:03:36 PM

People don't take kind to reputation loans here..

I personally think that they are okay as long as they are repaid. A loan, is a loan, is a loan.
Yea I knew that when posting so I'm not taking it personally. I'm basically just taking the loans and shortselling on MtGox to take tiny margins off the top of each trade and then repaying my loan/taking out another. As soon as I get another doctor bill in the mail to provide to my lender from here I am taking out a $350 BTC equivalent loan for my Kratom business so that should help get my standing in this community moved up some.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 06:00:15 PM

Shouldn't you only take out a loan when you can make some money?  After all, you have to pay interest on the loan.

Save up the bitcents and bitcoins that you are making on these loans, and then then one day you won't need loans anymore, right?

Reputation loans go against this - a person takes out a small loan to get a bigger one, etc etc.  That means you keep increasing your interest charge.

Q:  Why would someone want to pay increasing interest when they could choose to pay no interest at all?
A:  TO SCAM.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Mosper (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:19:48 PM

Shouldn't you only take out a loan when you can make some money?  After all, you have to pay interest on the loan.

Save up the bitcents and bitcoins that you are making on these loans, and then then one day you won't need loans anymore, right?

Reputation loans go against this - a person takes out a small loan to get a bigger one, etc etc.  That means you keep increasing your interest charge.

Q:  Why would someone want to pay increasing interest when they could choose to pay no interest at all?

B: To get a loan large enough to actually be worth mucking about with.

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:23:38 PM

That's what he just said.

Mosper (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:34:22 PM

Shouldn't you only take out a loan when you can make some money?  After all, you have to pay interest on the loan.

Reputation loans go against this - a person takes out a small loan to get a bigger one, etc etc.  That means you keep increasing your interest charge.

Q:  Why would someone want to pay increasing interest when they could choose to pay no interest at all?
A:  TO SCAM.

That's what he just said.
No? I am shorting BTC for small gains and have a committed lender for $350 (half of my kratom capital I am putting the other half myself) as soon as a new doctor bill comes in the mail. I don't need to scam anyone. I have actual talents.

I actually got ripped off on BTCjam of .5 BTC.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 06:41:52 PM

No? I am shorting BTC for small gains and have a committed lender for $350 (half of my kratom capital I am putting the other half myself) as soon as a new doctor bill comes in the mail. I don't need to scam anyone. I have actual talents.

To repeat myself, if you're shorting for small gains you eventually won't need loans anymore.  That is the opposite of building reputation to take out larger and larger loans.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Mosper (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 06:43:19 PM

To repeat myself, if you're shorting for small gains you eventually won't need loans anymore.  That is the opposite of building reputation to take out larger and larger loans.
I'm not trying to one day take out a 5k BTC loan or anything dude. By larger I'm talking like 5-10 BTC max so that the shorting builds revenue a little more quickly because after one or two of those I, as you said, won't need loans anymore.

Mosper (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:24:48 PM

and calling it a reputation loan is a formality anyway. I'm asking for loans to make small gains towards my goal with and I'm asking for small ones because I have no reputation. It's cool if nobody from this forum invests as I'm doing ok getting them funded on BTCjam alone but I think the obsession with focusing on the term reputation loan is a little weird.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 09:57:14 PM

Imagine that ... a thread focused on its subject.   Shocked

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: