Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:42:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free silver quarters  (Read 3132 times)
SilverBull (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:46:01 AM

I want to give away 5 silver Canadian quarters.

If you want a free silver quarter just post here saying why silver is important to you in the future. In a week I will choose 5 people and send them their quarter.

I am doing this because I want to promote silver awareness and start people off on their stacks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
battmann

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:50:57 AM

I have always been interested in silver, and have been wanting to get into collecting silver coins. I have done the same with bitcoins, made a small investment into it and I really enjoy watching the price jump and fall thoughout time. I feel like it might be the same as silver and gold. Basically I want to expand my portfolio to include many other things. First in small amounts, and if I enjoy it I will continue to expand.

That is why Silver is important to me in the future Smiley
-battmann
bbond77

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:52:48 AM

Not that i believe you will give me silver but doubting the value of silver now, let alone in the future is just ig'nant!
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 05:54:59 AM

I have been collecting coins since I was 5.  I think it is fun to go through change when given it by a cashier and look at the dates on each coin to see if you got lucky and found a silver piece.  After checking dates, anything that isnt of higher value gets put aside, and I have been doing this for 17 years.  My plan is to take all the bullion and cash it in to buy the love of my life a wedding ring in a year or two.

I also enjoy on occasion going to banks and buying circulated rolls of half dollars and going through them and taking the silver ones out.  Nickels are fun too but a little more time consuming.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
SilverBull (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 07:00:44 AM

This is an excellent start! Glad to see I am not the lone silver bug here.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 07:02:00 AM

I wanna be a billionaire.

-
Bothi

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:05:21 AM

I do not own any precious metals yet, but foreign and rare coins have always interested me. Also, I would like to begin collecting silver as I believe its value will only increase and is cheaper to begin buying than gold  Grin
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 08:28:06 AM

I think silver will decrease in value unless the world finally goes into the greatest depression yet. It was under $10/ozt for most of my life until GWB, 9/11, and Obama fucked everything up.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
piCube

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 08:32:55 AM

I always dream having some valuable metal in my life. I also believe that silver can be used an invesment to generate profit in future
Metus

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:03:58 AM

I participate because I like the look of the silver and do not honestly believe that op will go through with this.
surya

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 10:39:15 AM

I believe gold is the better choice.
Aztec

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:27:37 AM

It's a very kind gesture of you. Who wouldn't want to own such a beautiful item? Also, with the way things are going with banks at the moment why should anyone trust them with their savings? More people will begin to invest in precious metals and the price will rise. Now is probably a very good time to start collecting and a solid silver Canadian quarter would be a fine way to start anyone's collection. Send the coin to me and I will try to add a silver coin from each country to it until I have a silver coin from as many countries as I can collect. I'll post you a picture every time I get a new one. It will be good fun and a great thing to pass on to my sons.
majorddf

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:41:20 AM

I have two British Silver Sixpences, very rare, which were a wedding gift from my Grandmother last year.

This caused me to wonder why coins were no longer made using silver, but rather cupro-nickel. I realise now that the answer is obvious, but it did lead me to realise the excellent investment nature of silver.

Since then I have been set on building an investment stack of coin, using BTC, but to date have not mined enough to get started yet! My GPU is frankly rubbish and my only foray in to ASICS, a BFL jalepeno, is looking like a bust :/

I believe that if the long game is played any investment in Silver is a smart one and would really appreciate it if you decided to help me get started on the road to a nice Silver retirement pot Smiley
Hamtechperson

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:47:48 AM

I would like one of these coins because of the rising fiat instabilities that are occurring around the world, in Greece, Cyprus, and many other places besides. The silver content of the coin will help insulate me from fiat issues. At this point, there are three things that make good sense as an investment: Gold, Bitcoin, and Silver. These instruments are protected against inflation by their limited nature. They thus are logical choices for investment.
I also want it as a collector of coins, as older pieces are one area that I find of particular interest. Some of the stories behind them can be far greater in worth than the coin itself. In fact, once most physical currency dies out, the value of the currency's remnants is valued based in part on the story behind it. A denarius found in Pompeii is likely to be worth more than one found in Rome, because of the eruption of Vesuvius.
Lastly, I wish to echo the words of Aztec: Thank you for the kind gesture.
Astrophysical

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:49:29 AM

I researched both silver and bitcoin for investing / long term savings starting at the same time last year in October. Since then, I've daily checked several websites for news/knowledge on both. They really interested me and I bought some 90% and 4 ASEs in December and tried to buy some bitcoin also at that time, but the moneypak/bitinstant (only way to purchase around me) operator at the CVS wasn't understandable and the balance showed up incorrect at the register so I cancelled when they were around $14 /BTC  Sad

I strongly believe the current economic system the world has been forced to run on of fractional reserve banking and overly abused fiat inflationary policies to devalue the (debt but actually the) wealth/buying power of the working class of entire nations is completely unsustainable. Physical Silver, just like Bitcoin, appeals to me with it's non-inflationary nature which is what people deserve to have the ability to save the fruits of their labor in and with its very personalized and direct control by the individual.

Plus, the silver coins have exxcellent artwork and it's shiny  Tongue
ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:51:14 AM

I have a lack of silver in my possession aka none. Having a silver coin would simply get me more interested in it, I would look into it further and pay attention to the price of silver. I know people are saying the price is going down but that's not what I heard!

WishIStartedSooner

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:52:02 AM

I've been thinking about buying some silver myself, lately.

The idea of having silver appeals to me, because if I'm going to save money in this buying commodities type of manner that I seem to have started doing, then I should have something that's pretty much guaranteed to be stable as well.

It seems silver is used in lots of modern devices and I foresee a continued need for it in the future. It's been trusted for thousands of years as a currency.

Honestly, now that I think about it, I'm probably going to eventually buy silver either way, so you should probably send the quarter to someone else Tongue
Avalanche_JST

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 01:25:56 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2013, 01:42:26 PM by Avalanche_JST

I have two Ben Franklin half dollars: One is a 1961, and the other one is 1958. I also have three Walking Liberty half dollars: They are very worn and as best as I can tell the dates are - 1920, 1929, and one unreadable. Upon further investigation, I have learned that my two Eisenhower dollars are not sliver. I also have a few more none silver coins that have zero silver content, but I still keep for their sentimental value. Like coins from my family members birth years, and coins that are not silver, but not widely circulated anymore (a few Kennedy 1/2 dollars one a Bicentennial!).

I've had these coins sitting in a cut glass bowl for years - it's only added to when I am lucky and find a coin. Soon I would like to start adding silver dimes, nickles, and silver grams (these are in my low wage price range). Recently because of my financial circumstances, and my increased interest/awareness in silver I have started to educate myself about silver and sliver coins. I have found the websites http://www.coinflation.com and http://www.silvergrambars.com/calculator to be particularly helpful.  

I would love to have a Silver Canadian Quarter as my 6th sliver coin!
mrmoj

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 09:12:11 PM

I've always liked silver coins, because of the ring they make when struck gently.  Musical.  I like how silver is photon sensitive in its nitrate form, makes me wonder if silver metal itself is watching me Wink
yordan

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:14:26 PM

I want to give away 5 silver Canadian quarters.

If you want a free silver quarter just post here saying why silver is important to you in the future. In a week I will choose 5 people and send them their quarter.

I am doing this because I want to promote silver awareness and start people off on their stacks.

Because they can't print it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: