Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:53:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Free silver quarters  (Read 3129 times)
dalek

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:20:18 PM

I love silver because it makes me feel like a pirate and I want to hoard it, so it encourages me to save. I also like it because it makes me nostalgic for the days when I could find an occasional tarnished silver coin in my pocket change.

▄▄█████████▄▄
       ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
     ▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                    ████
   ██                     ███▀██
  ██                    ▄██▀   ██
 ██                    ▄██      ██
██▀                  ▄██▀      ▄███
██                  ▄██      ▄██▀██
██                 ██▀    ▄███▀  ██
██               ▄██▀   ▄██▀     ██
██▄             ▄██  ▄███▀      ▄██
 ██           ▄██▀ ▄██▀         ██
  ██         ▄██▄███▀          ██
   ██       █████▀            ██
    ██▄   ▄████▀            ▄██
     ▀██▄███▀            ▄▄██▀
       ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
           ▀▀█████████▀▀
L I V E T R E E   A D E P T TM
Own the future of entertainment
The World's 1st Community-Powered,
Film, TV and Content Network  ★

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:21:12 PM

Because saving money in a leaky bucket (fiat currencies) is counter-productive.
the founder

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2013, 09:35:44 PM

dude the reason I got involved in Bitcoins is because of silver.

On my bitcoin app http://www.ounce.me I included silver pricing (also it's on Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.btc.ounce.me )

I believe the following:

http://www.adaptiveglass.com/?p=645

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
DeeSome

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:42:57 PM

A Canadian silver quarter would be nice for my wife, she emigrated from Canada here to UK to join me just after we met but sadly after only one year needed major heart surgery and is now disabled after stroke complications. Lucky I suppose it happened here in UK where treatment and her care costs are free due to my having paid NI contributions all my life. Incidentally she has a 1943 Canadian silver dollar which here father left her in his will.
Aztec

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 09:54:04 PM

I love silver because it makes me feel like a pirate and I want to hoard it, so it encourages me to save.

That has to be a winner haha +1
SilverBull (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 24, 2013, 11:06:34 PM

I love silver because it makes me feel like a pirate and I want to hoard it, so it encourages me to save.

Arrrr, Indeed pirates are far more likely to get silver booty!
Aztec

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 10:41:21 PM

Aye Aye Skipper.

Also, if it adds any weight to my claims to a coin I shall listen to this every day too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDWFMgGn_lM
NotoriousBTC

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 11:22:31 PM

Silver is only produced when stars explode!  There's a relatively limited quantity of it here on Earth, and it is used for a wide variety of applications ranging from thermoelectric conductors to cloud seeding.  Besides these things that give it inherent value, it has been used as currency and precious jewelry for thousands of years.  Modern mining techniques and its removal from circulation in many currencies have made silver a relative bargin these days. 

I'm acutely aware of the monetary value of silver because I work with dental amalgams.  A few ounces of the silver containing amalgam "waste" can be recycled for thousands of dollars. 
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:08:24 AM

Western demographic crisis + Peak Oil + Financial crisis (deficit monetization or state defaults+banking crisis) = stagflation -> hoarding silver/gold/bitcoins
This picture is controversial, but people pay for insurances against events much more unlikely to happen.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:10:09 AM

A pirate stole my booty.  I'm trying to refill my chest before I bury it.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Neoresolution

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 12:23:03 AM

You must be part of the FSM movement, no?
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:34:13 AM

Werewolves!! 

Need I say more?   
Jenger

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:36:11 AM

Im a silver & gold (mostly silver) stacker  Cool

Aztec

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:41:06 AM

Werewolves!! 

Need I say more?   

LOL

You cant go melting it down to make bullets. That would be ... just wrong
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:46:57 AM

I'd love a free silver quarter because I want to diversify my investments, and turning paper into silver seems like logical thing to do.
SilverBull (OP)

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 05:11:05 PM

I have been collecting coins since I was 5.  I think it is fun to go through change when given it by a cashier and look at the dates on each coin to see if you got lucky and found a silver piece.  After checking dates, anything that isnt of higher value gets put aside, and I have been doing this for 17 years.  My plan is to take all the bullion and cash it in to buy the love of my life a wedding ring in a year or two.

I also enjoy on occasion going to banks and buying circulated rolls of half dollars and going through them and taking the silver ones out.  Nickels are fun too but a little more time consuming.

It's a very kind gesture of you. Who wouldn't want to own such a beautiful item? Also, with the way things are going with banks at the moment why should anyone trust them with their savings? More people will begin to invest in precious metals and the price will rise. Now is probably a very good time to start collecting and a solid silver Canadian quarter would be a fine way to start anyone's collection. Send the coin to me and I will try to add a silver coin from each country to it until I have a silver coin from as many countries as I can collect. I'll post you a picture every time I get a new one. It will be good fun and a great thing to pass on to my sons.

I researched both silver and bitcoin for investing / long term savings starting at the same time last year in October. Since then, I've daily checked several websites for news/knowledge on both. They really interested me and I bought some 90% and 4 ASEs in December and tried to buy some bitcoin also at that time, but the moneypak/bitinstant (only way to purchase around me) operator at the CVS wasn't understandable and the balance showed up incorrect at the register so I cancelled when they were around $14 /BTC  Sad

I strongly believe the current economic system the world has been forced to run on of fractional reserve banking and overly abused fiat inflationary policies to devalue the (debt but actually the) wealth/buying power of the working class of entire nations is completely unsustainable. Physical Silver, just like Bitcoin, appeals to me with it's non-inflationary nature which is what people deserve to have the ability to save the fruits of their labor in and with its very personalized and direct control by the individual.

Plus, the silver coins have exxcellent artwork and it's shiny  Tongue

I have two Ben Franklin half dollars: One is a 1961, and the other one is 1958. I also have three Walking Liberty half dollars: They are very worn and as best as I can tell the dates are - 1920, 1929, and one unreadable. Upon further investigation, I have learned that my two Eisenhower dollars are not sliver. I also have a few more none silver coins that have zero silver content, but I still keep for their sentimental value. Like coins from my family members birth years, and coins that are not silver, but not widely circulated anymore (a few Kennedy 1/2 dollars one a Bicentennial!).

I've had these coins sitting in a cut glass bowl for years - it's only added to when I am lucky and find a coin. Soon I would like to start adding silver dimes, nickles, and silver grams (these are in my low wage price range). Recently because of my financial circumstances, and my increased interest/awareness in silver I have started to educate myself about silver and sliver coins. I have found the websites http://www.coinflation.com and http://www.silvergrambars.com/calculator to be particularly helpful. 

I would love to have a Silver Canadian Quarter as my 6th sliver coin!

Silver is only produced when stars explode!  There's a relatively limited quantity of it here on Earth, and it is used for a wide variety of applications ranging from thermoelectric conductors to cloud seeding.  Besides these things that give it inherent value, it has been used as currency and precious jewelry for thousands of years.  Modern mining techniques and its removal from circulation in many currencies have made silver a relative bargin these days. 

I'm acutely aware of the monetary value of silver because I work with dental amalgams.  A few ounces of the silver containing amalgam "waste" can be recycled for thousands of dollars. 

I have chosen you 5 to get the free quarters!

I will send you all a PM to find out where to send it and get them out some time this week.

If i can't get in touch with any of these 5 then I will pick others.

Thanks for the great replies it was good to see such a response. I will do this again for sure, probably outside of newbie jail.
Aztec

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:01:39 PM

Thanks man. That's really kind of you. I am Buzzing. I can't wait to see/hold her
scribe

Activity: 295

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 08:11:58 PM

If any of the 5 don't take, or you're feeling an extra 20% generous ;-) I'd love a coin for my 2-year-old son. I've already put aside a Casascius bitcoin for him, and would be great to teach him more about how money works with real, tangible value.

Just a quick plea anyway Smiley

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
panhandle1

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2013, 08:17:34 PM

I like the vibe of silver way better than that of gold ... seems pure and pristine ...
gold has much karma to it.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2013, 08:32:23 PM

I would love to get started collecting in silver and this sounds like the perfect way.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: