Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is Bitcoin Trading and Why It's risky?  (Read 26313 times)
MehdiBmm (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 07:36:17 PM

Hello folks!

I'm thinking about starting to trade with Bitcoin, but I see people saying that It's risky & almost like gambling.

I think that I mis-understand the meaning of trading.

For me trading Is for EXAMPLE, buying Bitcoin when It's at 550$ and selling It when It's at 670$. This Isn't risky because If Its value doesn't Increase, you'll just have to keep It until It gets higher enough, Is this trading?

I would really appreciate If people clarified more! Thankx Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0day

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:12:16 PM

I think it will not be risky if you are intelligent and will have full knowledge about trade,

if you want to know about trade, then I will say that trade is simple buying with lower price and selling them at higher price. and for remaining details you can see the detailed tutorials available in various articles available on google.

Hire me for your campaign management
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 01:52:30 AM

Hello folks!

I'm thinking about starting to trade with Bitcoin, but I see people saying that It's risky & almost like gambling.

For me trading Is for EXAMPLE, buying Bitcoin when It's at 550$ and selling It when It's at 670$. This Isn't risky because If Its value doesn't Increase, you'll just have to keep It until It gets higher enough, Is this trading?

There are some unforeseen events that we cannot predict,like what happen to Bitfinex and how because of this the price of bitcoin plunge to $520 from $670, one bad news or speculation can hinder the price of bitcoin to increase or even drop,since there are no safe investment ,trading bitcoin is also risky..

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:14:19 AM

It is only risky if you are not aware of the market or if you don't know how it works. If you hae all the knowlede to trade then you an do it without a risk. Anyway, all things involving money has a risk so youjust really gotta do what you want to do. There is no point in not risking if you want to move forward.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:23:47 AM

Hello folks!

it is risky because you have to consider everything that can affect the price and make a prediction and then it is possible that something unexpected happens like the bitfinex hack that caused a drop a couple of days ago.

but it is not at all like gambling IF you know how to trade and not just do it random.

yes, i suppose that is a form of trading. you are holding longer though. and you may be forced to hold for a longer time like 2-3 months to reach your target.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Mzie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:29:00 AM

With the example u gave , still there is a risk , what if you buy Bitcoin at $550 and 30minutes later it drops to $130? You see there is a risk involved
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:41:47 AM

my advice for you is if you are new player in bitcoin, better you learn a little bit about altcoin trading. because with this condition and situation, its hard if you want to get profit by trading btc-usd. i think its better to trading altcoin, because in altcoin, you have many altcoin that you can choose and you can get profit on there.

if you don't have experience, and you still want to trade bitcoin-usd, my suggestion is trade with small amount for first time, while you can learn more about this kind trading, if you are sure about trading btc-usd, try to middle up your trading amount. this is just learning by doing and learning by watching  Grin
hawkins

Activity: 1204

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:57:36 AM

Well, quartz has been a lot of people who explain about this, but if you want to know here, I will explain briefly. bitcoin trading, is a condition where you make money by buying bitcoin at a low price and selling it when the price goes up. but it's not as easy as you think, because you have to be really precise predict when bitcoin prices down and up, if you do that you can earn, and of course this is risky. if you're one of analyzing price as possible after you buy bitcoin at a high price, the price suddenly bitcoin be down, and of course it will make a loss
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:05:04 AM

It is most definitely not like gambling. Gambling is all luck and chance, no skill. Trading requires an educated view of the economy and a little knack for psychology. Check the news. If there's any big happenings, invest on them. Like the recent bitfinex hack, time to buy.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 07:13:56 AM

It is most definitely not like gambling. Gambling is all luck and chance, no skill. Trading requires an educated view of the economy and a little knack for psychology. Check the news. If there's any big happenings, invest on them. Like the recent bitfinex hack, time to buy.

Trading is good according to me, because you can make profit with the help of bitcoin price raise and fall.
For do a good trade You can start invest by small amount in sites like localbitcoin.com with the good account which have nice trust and volume...
ashkanb

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 04:23:44 PM

its not like whenever you buy an asset it's bound to go up in value!
if trading was that simple everyone would just be buying things, selling them at a higher price & be done with it!
it requires knowledge, skill, experience & an understanding of the underlying events forming the value of the market you're trying to involve yourself in!

for a start drop by investopedia.com, the site has an entire section dedicated to trading;
there are numerous amazing, informative & free articles there about the mechanics, fundamentals of trading & everything else markets;
(the articles are not directly related to cryptocurrencies but the principal is universal!)
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:02:21 PM

Bitcoin trading is simply buying bitcoins with low price, hold it for some amount of time, and then selling it when the price increase. It's risky because we can't guarantee that the price will increase for sure, it can going down and then you have to wait long time or may be even you lose
krishna1

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:15:56 PM

Bitcoin Trading is a Process In which You Buy Bitcoins at Low Price and Sell them at High Prices....
But It is Not Risky As Gambling. It Is only Risky when you have not Much Knowledge about Trading.....

bittraffic

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:35:52 PM

Its risky because first of all bitcoin itself is risky enough. btc's value goes up and down, its not so much stable, you may see it one day it goes about 700 but goes back to 500+ the next day. Crypto trading can be alot more risky especially id the coin dev turned out to be scam. which most users get to fud as scams. and these are usually the reason why prices goes down.
MehdiBmm (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 07:57:16 PM

By reading & understanding all your answers, I conclude that the only risk Is :

That you invest in a coin & It'll become worthless before you sell It.

That's the only horrific scenario that can happen Cheesy
SAMKUSH

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 10:38:04 PM

It depends on the type of investing, holding onto bitcoins is classed as an investment but it's not very risky. Trading on sites like bitmex that offer leverages means you can profit from a rise and fall in the price, this is very rewarding but also very risky. You can also trade altcoins but this is also risky. Another option is cfds, if you have knowledge of trading then this will probably be the best option.
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 6764

Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 10:52:10 PM

Trading altcoins is gambling.  Period.  These coins (mostly) serve no other purpose than speculation, i.e., trading.  They're not stocks that represent businesses or bonds that represent debt.  They are pure speculation tools, and they are extremely risky to trade.  Christ, even keeping a penny on a cryptocurrency exchange is risky, because of all the "hacking" and such.

If you've seen the behavior of some of the shittier coins like Trump and the ones that went to 1 satoshi on Yobit, you'll see where the real risk lies.  The price can drop 99% in a single day.  It's very much like trading those awful penny stocks.  The shit is worthless.  But have fun doing it, because you could make some $.  But it's totally gambling.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
MehdiBmm (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:28:02 PM

It depends on the type of investing, holding onto bitcoins is classed as an investment but it's not very risky. Trading on sites like bitmex that offer leverages means you can profit from a rise and fall in the price, this is very rewarding but also very risky. You can also trade altcoins but this is also risky. Another option is cfds, if you have knowledge of trading then this will probably be the best option.

What is CFDS?
livinglegend

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:33:39 PM

What are good sites to get the latest news about Bitcoin and to stay updated on the cryptocurrency market?
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:44:08 PM

It may risk if you trade an altcoin that you dont know if it will alive for a long time. but if you choose a legit altcoin you are in safe..
Risky to choose new altcoin so better to go in legit altcoin like litecoin and dogecoin or monero or clam.. just choose top 20 altcoin in coinmarketcap..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: