Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:42:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Canceled  (Read 34796 times)
Nippel66

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 06:33:32 PM

Profile Page
ICO Participation Instructions
Step 1. Only send from an address that you can sign a private message from. This is important so that you can proof you are the owner of the address if necessary.
Step 2. Before you send the BTC to the ICO address email ico@postbase.co from the email address you registered with, and put the referral code from your profile in the subject of the email. Pick a random 4 digit number, and add the 4 digit number as satoshies to the BTC amount you are going to send. Put the amount in the body of the email.
Step 3. Send the exact amount of BTC entered in the body of the email to the ICO Bitcoin address 1EK1ug2AZiKudfymb6cGWQKLqBSDmtAzar
Step 4. After the BCT is received we will map the sending address to your profile, and the transaction will be listed under my transactions in your profile

Why need to send btc and mail etc to use it? this would newer be something, it is to hard to get registrated

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 06:48:42 PM

Profile Page
Step 1. Only send from an address that you can sign a private message from. This is important so that you can proof you are the owner of the address if necessary.
Step 2. Before you send the BTC to the ICO address email ico@postbase.co from the email address you registered with, and put the referral code from your profile in the subject of the email. Pick a random 4 digit number, and add the 4 digit number as satoshies to the BTC amount you are going to send. Put the amount in the body of the email.
Step 3. Send the exact amount of BTC entered in the body of the email to the ICO Bitcoin address 1EK1ug2AZiKudfymb6cGWQKLqBSDmtAzar
Step 4. After the BCT is received we will map the sending address to your profile, and the transaction will be listed under my transactions in your profile

Why need to send btc and mail etc to use it? this would newer be something, it is to hard to get registrated
So I can't send directly from my BTC on exchanges since there is no option to sign a message

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Nippel66

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 06:58:57 PM

Profile Page

So I can't send directly from my BTC on exchanges since there is no option to sign a message
I see Smiley

bitcoincar (OP)

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 07:00:50 PM

Profile Page

With most ICO’s they have it setup so that an address is generated that you are given to send bitcoin to, and it is then transferred to another address. The problem with this is that if there is an issue with the transfer to the primary ICO address you could end up with your ICO contribution not being recorded correctly. A recent example of this strategy having issues was with the RISE ICO when they had API issues that resulted in some BTC not getting transferred into the final observation address.

For the Postbase ICO instead of having a different deposit address for every participant there is one bitcoin address for the ICO that all participants can send to.  Since one address is used the need to transfer coins from address to address is eliminated and all deposits will instantly go into the ICO observation address. This single address strategy is more transparent and ensures that your contribution shows up in the observation address.  The only extra step needed for this process to work is the email.

bitcoincar (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 07:05:09 PM

Profile Page

If you send directly from an exchange there is no way to verify that you sent the bitcoin if required. you will only need to sign a private message if there was an issue identifying the ICO participant account that the transaction came from.

Nippel66

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:16:32 PM

Profile Page

If you send directly from an exchange there is no way to verify that you sent the bitcoin if required. you will only need to sign a private message if there was an issue identifying the ICO participant account that the transaction came from.

Ok i see, but how much need to send? When does the blogging starts? i can only see the wallet site from here

bitcoincar (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 07:21:31 PM

Profile Page

Ok i see, but how much need to send? When does the blogging starts? i can only see the wallet site from here

You can send any amount, there is no minimum set.

PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:43:17 PM

any info at all available on the development team?

one member listed on the website - "Carmen Harvey" - and the LinkedIn icon doesn't even work.

who is behind this?

that info not available = RED FLAG.

Works fine..

He claims to be from Edmonton. One of his former employers is out of business. Quickly trying to find anything aside from his Linked In profile and I find nothing.

Another full stack dev with nothing online. No Github? Even I have a Git.

Believable Linked In, though. Outside of contacting Sturgeon County and NAIT to confirm that he was with them at some point, I can't think of anything else. A video hangout will help, definitely.

wow that's sherlock skillsz!  Grin
bitcoincar (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 01:27:58 AM

End of Day Update
The details for the signature campaign are now available at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1590054.0 , there are signatures available for all position levels! Nipple66 raised some valid concerns about the complexity of the participation process that I will be addressing. A new process is being developed, and will be available before Monday. The new process will be simple to follow and not rely on email.   

bitcoincar (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 02:02:06 AM

please make sure that you register an ICO account before you send BTC to the ICO address.

Until the improved process is available the steps are:

Step 1. Register at https://postbase.co/icosite/#/Signup

Step 2. send an email to ico@postbase.co from the email address you registered with
         - In the email subject put your refferal code from your profile in the ICO portal
         - In the body of the email put the amount that you are going to send to the ICO bitcoin address

Step 3 send the BTC to the ICO bitcoin address. (the amount you send should match the amount in the email)

You cannot skip step one and send the email without registering.

Thanks!

jacaf01

Activity: 742

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 07:52:04 AM

please make sure that you register an ICO account before you send BTC to the ICO address.

Step 2. send an email to ico@postbase.co from the email address you registered with
         - In the email subject put your refferal code from your profile in the ICO portal
         - In the body of the email put the amount that you are going to send to the ICO bitcoin address

Step 3 send the BTC to the ICO bitcoin address. (the amount you send should match the amount in the email)

Thanks!

For we non-technical people, what does signing transaction means. I have account with blockchain.info and there is option to sign the transaction but I've never used this option before, I just want to be sure I do the right thing

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
bitcoincar (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 12:07:48 PM

Thanks!

For we non-technical people, what does signing transaction means. I have account with blockchain.info and there is option to sign the transaction but I've never used this option before, I just want to be sure I do the right thing

Here is a video showing how to sign a message with a blockchain.info account https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S88ciN9DsRk . You don't need to sign a message to participate, it would only be needed if there was an issue identifying the account the transaction came from ( for example if you didn't follow the participation instructions correctly).

Divorcion

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 12:42:23 PM

another ico, looks also interesting.
coinmenace

Activity: 882

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:11:44 PM

So this is capped at 750 BTC correct? Since in your first post you said BTC raised * 100,000 - also is there any Escrow offered?

No we are not using escrow, The ICO period is set at a long enough length that you will be able to start to see the project progress before the end of the ICO. The primary concern most people have is if the initial coin release will take place. Early next week I will demonstrate the initial release version that will be used for the initial coin distribution. There is no cap, the ICO price would adjust if it went over 750 BTC.

No Escrow? Good luck raising 750 BTC!

By the way, there is already another coin using POST - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1402308.0

The project dose not need to raise 750 BTC to be successful. The terms are structured to allow for multiple funding rounds if needed. After the inital testnet goes live ICO participants can be confident they will recieve their coins.

without escrow, then i will just be joining the bounties on this. and will see how this goes after release.
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:17:14 PM

Italian thread updated ... whit offical thread... is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1587596 ...

Good Luck at Postbase and all here ;-)
BVBCoin

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:43:05 PM

hey DEV, for the mac wallet you dont need to wait until 2017, I can compile it for you..
Just PM me

*** You have an amazing coin but you don't have a MAC wallet? How stupid is that?
Contact me, I can compile it for you ***
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 03:16:41 PM

u can find a portuguese translation at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1590660.new#new

cya

Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:05:29 PM

How much the project raise so far: Is it ~6 BTC?
(Checked 1EK1ug2AZiKudfymb6cGWQKLqBSDmtAzar)
Thanks,
bitcoincar (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:07:00 PM

hey DEV, for the mac wallet you dont need to wait until 2017, I can compile it for you..
Just PM me

Thanks for the assistance offer! we should be ok, we are going to being using Electron as a wrapper for the desktop wallets/clients. If we need any mac help I'll let you know  Wink

bitcoincar (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:07:42 PM

How much the project raise so far: Is it ~6 BTC?
(Checked 1EK1ug2AZiKudfymb6cGWQKLqBSDmtAzar)
Thanks,

That is correct

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: