Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:11:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: This Place is being moderated by TradeFortress!  (Read 2747 times)
Backside walkaround

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:02:57 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2016, 05:22:40 PM by Backside walkaround

I get the suspicion here, but I'm skeptical to say the least.   What would TF's motivation be here for paying mods?  It just doesn't make sense that they would make it this transparent.  I would definitely like to hear what they have to say about it, because a known scammer sending money to mods does seem weird.  Then again it's not my business.

Edit:  Sorry Lauda, I had the reply screen up and went away from this thread, and you and mitchell posted in the interim.  Your explanation makes sense, is a simple one, and I no longer have any suspicions about this.  I'm not trying to shitpost, even tht I'm in a campaign.   

If the original Backside walkaround can prove to me they are the old owner of this account, I can update the email address to the email address of their choosing.
Backside walkaround has lost access to their account as they used someone else's email address to sign up, and the owner of the email address got tired of random email notifications from this site after a few months and reset the password.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 05:13:43 PM

Lauda on the other hand has basically said that he doesn't care if the BTC was stolen and has said that he does not care how receiving this BTC looks to outsiders.
Tl;dr: It's none of your business what I do with it. Unless contacted by law enforcement, I have the right to do what I want with the money (this goes for every single person that received a donation).

I get the suspicion here, but I'm skeptical to say the least.   What would TF's motivation be here for paying mods?  It just doesn't make sense that they would make it this transparent.  I would definitely like to hear what they have to say about it, because a known scammer sending money to mods does seem weird.  Then again it's not my business.
We have both replied on the previous page. It seems to me that you've just posted in order to up your post count.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
anonymoustroll420

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 05:25:23 PM

Tl;dr: It's none of your business what I do with it. Unless contacted by law enforcement, I have the right to do what I want with the money (this goes for every single person that received a donation).

I totally agree, however it speaks volumes about your character when you are knowingly accepting donations of stolen BTC. Knowingly accepting stolen property is a crime in most countries https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_of_stolen_goods though in your case this would be a grey area due to the low value of the property, however if you were to knowingly accept stolen donations of a value over $5,000 that is likely (IANAL) a very serious federal crime where most people convicted of it are imprisoned..

Please don't stop us from using ASICBoost which we're not using
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 05:27:25 PM

I totally agree, however it speaks volumes about your character when you are knowingly accepting donations of stolen BTC. Knowingly accepting stolen property is a crime in most countries https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Possession_of_stolen_goods though in your case this would be a grey area due to the low value of the property, however if you were to knowingly accept stolen donations of a value over $5,000 that is likely a very serious federal crime..
That's not entirely correct because:
a) I did not ask anyone to deposit to 1Lauda.
b) There is only speculative proof that they may be stolen coin. There's no conclusive proof as to the origin of the Bitcoin. People need to stop claiming that they're stolen just because they originate from 2013 and may be tied to TF (in my case).
In Mitchell's case it is even less likely that they are stolen as they originate from a completely different input (not the 2013 one).

Which comes back to:
Unless contacted by law enforcement

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
gorgon666 (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 08:11:41 AM

The moderators should go on the record to say the exact reason why they received these payments. If they refuse then everyone has every reason to be suspicious of the moderators.
Gumballinabattleaxeninja

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 05:15:10 PM

Well I have to say, this place is better than any reality show and most organized ones.  Keep up the spice of life so we, us, and they have something to converse and dispute over.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:53:33 PM

Well I have to say, this place is better than any reality show and most organized ones. 

Yeah this section is usually some of the most entertaining stuff on the board, and scam accusations..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 11:40:55 PM

Well I have to say, this place is better than any reality show and most organized ones. 

Yeah this section is usually some of the most entertaining stuff on the board, and scam accusations..

I admit that I used to find Quickseller's trolling and drammatic shenanigans pretty entertaining until I found myself to be the victim of it.  Nowadays I find it a lot less funny.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:16:31 PM

where can i signup to get some funds? if you feel bad send all the monies to meeee Cheesy

sure !  Grin  everyone should have part of this cake !!

TF ! dont forget my wallet !
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:07:43 PM

It's a conspiracy! They are all part of the 13 inbred European Bloodlines of the Terrorist organization Illuminati
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 12:50:48 AM

Both Lauda and Mitchell are well known forum members and mods.
I wish I got some coins sent to me!

So well done to them to post in the right place at the right time.

A bit like the duck and the photographer below Smiley

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:10:33 AM

Lookit não!
I've been a staple on this forum for years. Have I said some things? Have I trololo'ed some people? Maybe. Has it kept them honest? NO. But so wat? I come here in the hopes of one day wind-falling head first into a pile of those sweaty ill-gotten coins. But if all they got is, well, that?? What's the use?

What is the use?! Huh

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
gorgon666 (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:09:05 AM

The moderators should go on the record to say the exact reason why they received these payments. If they refuse then everyone has every reason to be suspicious of the moderators.
have they followed through on this request?
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 04:44:47 PM

have they followed through on this request?

Lol @Quickseller fail.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: