Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:04:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't forget: There will probably be further batches from Avalon  (Read 2781 times)
ButchHashidy

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

...and the BitcoinKid

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 02:36:16 PM

most likely after batch 3 they will built their own mining farm , not selling batch 4.

From what it sounds like on Avalon's front page, on their FAQ, they're using this capital to fund the next generation of ASICs.  Next year perhaps?  I think we've now entered the arms race of ASICs.

Jumpin' Jack Hash is a gas gas gaas
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 03:00:09 PM

most likely after batch 3 they will built their own mining farm , not selling batch 4.

From what it sounds like on Avalon's front page, on their FAQ, they're using this capital to fund the next generation of ASICs.  Next year perhaps?  I think we've now entered the arms race of ASICs.

Yes and it's China vs China(Avalon vs ASICMiner) with both US companies being scams. Makes me embarrassed to admit I'm American. Embarrassed

ButchHashidy

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

...and the BitcoinKid

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 03:07:41 PM

Yes and it's China vs China(Avalon vs ASICMiner) with both US companies being scams. Makes me embarrassed to admit I'm American. Embarrassed

This just scratches the surface of what makes me embarrassed to be American.  Well I guess most of what makes me embarrassed has to do with a scam in one way or another lol.  Predator loans that got us into the mess we're in now for example.  But hey, at least we've got each other  Cheesy

Jumpin' Jack Hash is a gas gas gaas
marra

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 03:17:03 PM

They'll offer chips and diagram to the market after this batch, it was planned for after batch#1 but competition didn't show up.
And it seems that in Russia we have first confirmed chip buyers. They want to build small 2.8-3.0Gh device at price $200-$220..

Avalon, could you please roughly estimate the price on bulk for 10k chips?

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 04:33:45 PM

At this point, I believe they will not being selling any more retail orders on this platform.  Who knows if they release a small chip later on.   I am just happy I could participate.   

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 05:42:49 PM

You think that after BFL launch his 65nm chip someone buy Avalon with 110nm tecnology?

Haven't they been "launching" those for quite a while now? Buying an existing product makes somewhat more sense than just continous promises of a fairytale.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:10:17 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2013, 10:27:57 PM by loshia

Dude,
they were scammed also. Guess buy who? One of the company admitted it already the other one is still trying to get out clean of it. I mean they really try it but sometimes it is just not enough. No irony here.
But their customers get scammed from the companies to whom they paid for and they do not care abut their subcontractors known also as "engineering team" or bumping heat radiators or  whatever.
All of us are about to pay the price i am not talking about ASICS but in general. Doing a business with 0 ability to engineer even to produce anything worked for last years (money moving) all around the world but these times are about to end. There are a lot of money moved in one direction only if you follow me. None from US and Eu wanted to do dirty job to invent any thing and to produce it with small exceptions of course. And the price for big business profits accumulated over the years has to be paid. And who pays the bill? We of course ...That sucks man
besides it is a piece of cake to take millions from here move hundreds (thousands in worst case) to there with fancy management only and collect - this shit is not working anymore

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 10:48:30 PM

Uh huh. Both companies had/have a bottomless pit of pre-order funds. Why? Why keep collecting funds without shipping anything? Those orders are a liability if you're not using pre-order funds for production, which both companies said they did not do. Avalon has limited batch orders and does not have ads plastered everywhere and they've managed to produce and in less time than their remaining competitor. Coincidence? ASICMiner? Are they still selling shares? Nope.

The ASICs is hard excuse is worn really really thin. It wasn't Tom's fault that he couldn't produce, because ASICs is hard and it's not Josh's fault, because the bad nasty ______ company didn't do what they were supposed to do...oh and ASICs is hard. Roll Eyes

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 11:11:44 PM

There will always be a better, faster, cheaper ASIC for at least the next 2-5 years...

I'll buy one every 6 months and keep the old one, mining until it falls apart...
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 11:31:38 PM

As far as I know and if I understood correctly there will not be Batch 4. Of course hoping that they will release lower priced batch after 3, but... The next from Avalon will be probably next gen miner. Let´s see.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: