Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:41:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Missing Ink MMORPG - Now Accepting Bitcoin  (Read 1526 times)
bedders77 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 12:16:13 PM

I represent UK games developer RedBedlam.  I wanted to announce that we are now accepting Bitcoin for our MMO game, The Missing Ink - www.missing-ink.com

I believe we are the first MMO developer to move into bitcoin and certainly one of the first UK game developers to start accepting it.

We strongly believe in Bitcoin and wish to support the currency in all our future games.  Furthermore the current Bitcoin offer for in-game credits in The Missing Ink is the best value offer for buying in-game credits that we provide.

For the gamers among you we have a competition running for all aspiring level/game designers to design the first raid zone in The Missing Ink, more details here - www.missing-ink.com/evilgenius

We also have a Kickstarter campaign running to provide funds to help us port The Missing Ink to iPad later this year.  This will make The Missing Ink the first truly cross-platform MMORPG, whereby players of the PC/Mac/Browser versions will connect to the same game world as iPad and Android tablet players! Kickstarter campaign page is here --> http://kck.st/WqEG82

Finally all players that buy credits using Bitcoin up until May 1st 2013 will be entered into a draw to win a custom avatar designed by our in-house artists - they are very cool!  Smiley

It's great to be a part of the Bitcoin community and we look forward to supporting the currency for years to come.

Cheers!
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 02:13:57 PM

About how many active users does this game have?

Thanks for supporting Bitcoin!

Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 03:38:16 PM

I believe we are the first MMO developer to move into bitcoin and certainly one of the first UK game developers to start accepting it.

Not quite! Minethings has been accepting bitcoin since 2011:
www.minethings.com

Anyhow, nice to have you here!

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
bedders77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 03:41:42 PM

We've got roughly 3,500 to 5,000 players logging in per month for the last couple of months, so still very small but we are still in Beta.

We're expecting to go Gold in the summer when we've got the game running on tablets and expect to get much larger numbers.

One (rather important) thing I forgot to mention - The Missing Ink is free to play, so please do go and check it out.  Currently you can play in the browser or download a PC or Mac client.
bedders77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 04:30:11 PM

Not quite! Minethings has been accepting bitcoin since 2011:
www.minethings.com

Anyhow, nice to have you here!

Thanks for that, what a cool game. Smiley

I did some searching around for other UK game developers accepting Bitcoin and couldn't find much information out there.  I did suspect we wouldn't be the first, so thanks for letting me know.

And thanks also for the welcome!
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2013, 05:36:07 PM

Thanks for supporting the bitcoin community.

bedders77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 03:07:57 PM

Thanks for supporting the bitcoin community.

Really happy to be here - many thanks!
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:14:13 PM

This post will be rather useless but I think it's important to thank people that helps Bitcoin
So, once again, thank you!

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
bedders77 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 05:45:24 PM

This post is a bit useless too, but I had insomnia last night and knocked out a quick Bitcoin logo in the virtual world part of The Missing Ink.

See here --> http://www.missing-ink.com/play.php?pid=792

Actually this really sums up what The Missing Ink is all about, as well as being a traditional MMO game, every player also gets their own virtual world (we call them Blurbs).

You can build whatever the hell you like on your Blurb and then share the link with friends, they can then walk around your Blurb without having to register for the game. It's a bit like a 3D postcard you can send to friends, family, enemies - you name it!

You'll need to register a free game account to be able to build on a Blurb, registration is pretty darn simple - http://www.missing-ink.com/register

I'm sure most of you could do a better job than me at designing a virtual Bitcoin, feel free to give it a go!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: