Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:44:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: -= Galaxy 1 - ASIC Announcement =-  (Read 22084 times)
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:28:16 AM

Where has he said they are currently available for pre-order. All he has done is announced that they have a product like 99% of other companies do. When they say there is a web site and pre-orders then lets jump on them.

Until then just accept this as any other press release of a product coming out in the future.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 01:54:25 AM

First the good news.  Some basic Googling seems to indicate that Max Avroutski is a real person that has some experience in various facets of IT.  This is a step ahead of most ASIC scams where all attempts to research the company turn up nothing before three days ago.  His LinkedIn page does not inspire much confidence though, for example:

"knowledge in business processes and business practices, law, material science, psychology, neuroscience, medicine, manufacturing processes, computer science and more;"

Best case scenario is that this is a very early stage venture that will likely encounter the same issues that the other legitimate attempts did.  Chances of success are slim and none, and Slim is warming up his car to head out of town.

Please do not attempt to preorder anything!!!

Sorry this means nothing, I know at least one guy on linkedin who appears to be highly professional and with his own company with a million $ turn over.
To read his LI profile you would think he personally invented oxygen, time travel, languages and ALL good Ideas.
 Unfortunately I know the guy and his LI profile is just an bloated extension of his imagination.
So I'm sorry but a self mastabatory LI profile is not going to cut it with me. (show me the patents......)

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:58:03 AM

tits or gtfo Wink

Shouldn't that be "GH/s or gtfo"?

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 02:00:04 AM

^^ i disagree. There is nothing at all remotely "business as usually" for anything bitcoin related.

We need to hold accountable company's looking to place a foothold in the community ...

If this was your community would you let GalaxyAsic plaster ads all over the community and take "pre-orders" to the tune of (fill in obnoxious amount here) and then just cross your fingers and hope they dont take advantage of the entire community at large?

Would you wait 1 year after that to determine 1/2 of your community has been robbed and you HELPED!?

Would you after realizing the error of your ways allow a third and 4th and 5th company to take advantage of your userbase knowing what you know now!   (crickets)

Seems we should be Asking our community leaders to look into moderated company announcements with a show and tell or go home attitude.

These people are not EVGA and have 0 track record and should be treated as such!

You get a fortune 500 company with a track record and a commitment to customer support and timely announcements then we can talk about it.

Untill then...

PRE-ORDERS OF ANY KIND SHOULD BE BANNED! NO PRODUCT NO CASH!~ OR IN OUR CASE NO COINS..

------------------------------------------------

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Rodyland

Activity: 499
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 02:05:29 AM

PRE-ORDERS OF ANY KIND SHOULD BE BANNED! NO PRODUCT NO CASH!~ OR IN OUR CASE NO COINS..

While I agree with the sentiment, and I agree that people should be warned against pre-ordering promises from people who have shown no track record of delivery, I'm not sure about using the ban hammer.

Then again, this ain't kickstarter, so maybe, as I said above only half in jest, "GH/s or gtfo" is an option. 

Ultimately I think it's up to the community to self-enforce.  If people stopped throwing coins at every scam that came along promising rainbows and unicorns and untold riches, the scams would go away (or at least, slow down).

This is a tough one, and this certainly isn't the thread to continue this line of discussion - sounds like it belongs in the Meta board.

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 02:15:41 AM

While I agree with the sentiment, and I agree that people should be warned against pre-ordering promises from people who have shown no track record of delivery, I'm not sure about using the ban hammer.

Then again, this ain't kickstarter, so maybe, as I said above only half in jest, "GH/s or gtfo" is an option.  

Ultimately I think it's up to the community to self-enforce.  If people stopped throwing coins at every scam that came along promising rainbows and unicorns and untold riches, the scams would go away (or at least, slow down).

This is a tough one, and this certainly isn't the thread to continue this line of discussion - sounds like it belongs in the Meta board.

Indeed its a sentiment, and not a perfect plan but a dialog is needed for sure! In essence your right the dialog should probably be elsewhere but no better place to SELF-ENFORCE then at the source of potential abuse!

Untill our community leaders pull rank then tomatoes will be thrown here or not! The stench BFL has left will not be easily dismissed ... if it smells like **** then it probably is!  No need to put it in a corner and see if we can still smell it!

lol@this aint kickstarter!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 03:41:33 AM

Hmm.. interesting.. probably beat BFL too.. lol

Prepare for an extensive background check.. this forum has some decent google detectives..

If this is legit.. then best of luck.. we need more competition with ASIC.. given the current pre-order pricing from the only company that has delivered thus far.

The reason for quoting Post #2 is to state that I didn't even need to read the first reply to have faith in the OP (so far). I didn't even click the link(s) he provided. Reason being is that the OP comes across as legit, whereas all the other so-called ASIC-based rig suppliers are easily read as scammers from the get-go.

I reserve the right to change my position, but at this penning I'm already a believer.

~Bruno K~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 03:56:00 AM

This 20nm process bothers me very much. How can there be a company holding such a technology and not having any public presentations about it, they would have so many big customers if they would just announce the technology instead of trying to hide it until some <500k bitcoin ASICs are produced. Doesn't really sound like that foundry's best interest.

come on guys 30 seconds of googling produced this hit:

http://www.tsmc.com/english/dedicatedFoundry/technology/20nm.htm

I'm starting to have doubts after reading the concerns posted about the use of 20nm chips: http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/18/tsmc-28nm-process-2013/

Looking further ahead, Chang said his company's already seen enough clients and demand for the upcoming 20nm manufacturing process, which should have a more significant financial contribution in 2014. The exec also predicted that at TSMC, its 20nm production will see a bigger growth rate between 2014 and 2015 than its 28nm counterpart did between 2012 and 2013 -- the former should eventually nab close to 90 percent of the market, said Chang.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 04:35:50 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 04:08:12 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I'm not sure if anything has been changed, but here's the Google cache from March 6, 2013:

Max Avroutski's Overview

Current
Consultant at Consulting Services
Founder at Improve American Education
Past
Founder in training at The Founder Institute
CEO / CTO at 1Terabit, Inc
System Developer turned Partner at Glass Company
Education
College of Telecommunications
Recommendations
1 person has recommended Max
Connections
53 connections
Max Avroutski's Projects

Discounteer
Team Members: Max Avroutski
Discounteer - helps people to make a decision on which consumer product to buy while providing expert reviews, current and historic pricing, and discount information from all merchants.
SPAM FREE World
SPAM FREE World project - can guaranty 100% no SPAM, Zero false positives with no management cost. Join me if you think you have what it takes to fight SPAM.
Software Factory
65% of software projects are over budget, past deadlines or never complete. Software Factory crowd-sources millions of developers worldwide and empowers them with a unique combination of business practices, project management and software development tools to provide 100% guaranty of on-time and on-budget delivery of software development projects at competitive rates.
Secure Video Content Protection
Unremovable content protection technology to combat video piracy.

Max Avroutski's Summary

I am a Usability, Marketing & Business Analysis Expert.

[Usability is the ease of use and learnability and I have a brain for it. Among other things it includes User Interface, User Experience and Ergonomics.]

My other broad range of skills include:

- unearthing and analyzing Strategic and Competitive business intelligence that makes or breaks the business;
- online & off-line marketing, creative design & copywriting;
- coming up with ingenious solutions for impossible problems using my multidisciplinary knowledge in business processes and business practices, law, material science, psychology, neuroscience, medicine, manufacturing processes, computer science and more;
- recognizing patterns that most people don't see;
- development, analysis, and testing of software and infrastructure systems.

Max Avroutski's Experience

Consultant
Consulting Services
January 2001 – Present (12 years 2 months)
Business, marketing, Internet and software consulting services.

I do a lot of marketing and usability work as a ghost marketer for number of companies under their names. I can't talk about what specifically I have done and for who due to NDA, but I can tell you and show you what I can do for you. Just ask for an evaluation.

If you have been on the Internet for more than a day I am sure you have seen my work.

(The reason why I like doing ghost work is because I get paid way more for it than for work for which I can take credit for.)

Some of the projects I can talk about:
- Independently marketed Prosper.com to build the largest active group on Prosper.com with over 5,700 members, almost 800 loans and over $4,200,000 loaned.

- Repair & upgrade of dozens Rimage CD/DVD robotic duplication systems. Created SATA upgrade for SCSI & FireWire systems.

- Created marketing piece consisting of: 1) CD cover; 2) Autostart hybrid Mac/PC CD with Adobe Flash presentation of services of my customer. Once inserted into computer it would automatically run and check for an updated version on the Internet server and if no internet access or no new version is available it would play original presentation stored on CD; 3) PHP/MySQL server program that would log each presentation CD's viewing for future analysis of the marketing campaign.
Founder
Improve American Education
February 2011 – Present (2 years 1 month)
Improve American Education is working on of bringing affordable, engaging and easy to learn 21st century education to the masses. We modernize old ideas and research and develop new methods of educating using the Scientific Method. We are in the process of producing both online and standalone educational software products as well as tangible learning materials initially for students K-12. In the future we will expand onto other age groups and corporate training products. We invite all educators, multimedia and film makes to help us to Improve American Education!
Founder in training
The Founder Institute
March 2011 – March 2011 (1 month) NYC
The Founder Institute is a technology startup accelerator and entrepreneur training program.
CEO / CTO
1Terabit, Inc
April 1996 – December 2000 (4 years 9 months)
- Started the company using small personal savings, grew it into 1 of only 33 Primary Internet Backbone providers at the time.
- Worked with regulatory agencies to attain status of CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier) to compete with incumbent phone companies in selling telephone services
- Successfully transitioned part of the business from retail dial-up, that was becoming less profitable, into more profitable wholesale dial-up.
- Acquired use rights to nationwide fiberoptic network and negotiated Internet Network Peering agreements.
- Hired and trained employees for Sales, Customer Service and Technical Support.
- Engineered, installed, and run Cisco router and switch based network. Tested, evaluated, and used for providing service Ascend, Cisco, NEC, Fujitsu, IBM, Sycamore and many other switches, routers, servers, optical carrier, and DSL equipment. Build custom servers for providing webhosting. Performed hardware, software and network troubleshooting.
- Developed, adopted, and modified both our own proprietary and open source software to speedup and simplify installation, monitoring and management of customer accounts and network systems.
- Successfully sold the company.

Archive of our "State of the Art" Smiley (by 1998 standards) website:
http://web.archive.org/web/1998/http://www.terabit.net/
System Developer turned Partner
Glass Company
October 1991 – March 1996 (4 years 6 months)
Invented process of extremely fast production of permanent art designs on the glass. Built computerized system for the manufacturing process. Invention is protected by the trade secret.
Max Avroutski's Languages

English (Native or bilingual proficiency)
Russian (Native or bilingual proficiency)
Max Avroutski's Skills & Expertise

Start-ups  Research  User Experience  Social Media  Marketing Business Strategy  Product Development  New Business Development User Interface  User Interface Design  Usability Engineering User Experience Design  Business Intelligence  Data Mining  Copywriting Ergonomics
Max Avroutski's Education

College of Telecommunications
Computer Science
1988 – 1991
- Finished 2 years of Mathematics study in 4 month.
- Switched major from Applied Mathematics to Computer Science.
- Helped teach programming courses to students.

Important Edit: I accidently deleted this post while quoting a segment from it, therefore it's somewhat reconstructed. Nothing was purposely altered. My apologies.
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:47:52 AM

Hmm.. if this dude is really located in NYC, that mean's he's only a few train stops away from me.  I always feel safer when I purchase something from someone who is local. >:]
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 04:52:57 AM

Hmm.. if this dude is really located in NYC, that mean's he's only a few train stops away from me.  I always feel safer when I purchase something from someone who is local. >:]

It seems a Douglas Tello has recommended him on LinkedIn and he lives in Chicago. Amazingly, I grew up only blocks away from him, south on Western. I was just in that neighborhood Saturday.
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:53:32 AM

Hmm.. if this dude is really located in NYC, that mean's he's only a few train stops away from me.  I always feel safer when I purchase something from someone who is local. >:]

by that logic, he is also a few subway stops away from me.

zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 05:33:32 AM

^^ if BFL was next door i think we would all be hurling tomatoes!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 05:38:34 AM

I just realized that I forgot to link the cache URL: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2L1pHAjHrm0J:www.linkedin.com/in/maxavroutski+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Now search both LinkedIn pages (current and cache) for the terms Galaxy and Education, and see what you find. Search each term individually, and not at the same time.

Current: http://www.linkedin.com/in/MaxAvroutski
zedicus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 05:48:19 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2013, 06:03:48 AM by zedicus

I just realized that I forgot to link the cache URL: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2L1pHAjHrm0J:www.linkedin.com/in/maxavroutski+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Now search both LinkedIn pages (current and cache) for the terms Galaxy and Education, and see what you find. Search each term individually, and not at the same time.

oh cmon its "American Education" they dont teach cache..

lulz

here we have :

Cash withdraws
Cash Limits
or Cash withdraw limits
Cash Sequester
Cash Outta yo pocket!

and Cash be gone!

They dunt mention cache anywhere..
-------------------

All the google graduates to the front of the line! The education on the internet is much better! Some of them have figured out sometimes cache might save you CASH!!!!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 06:13:03 AM

oh cmon its "American Education" they dont teach cache..

lulz

here we have :

Cash withdraws
Cash Limits
or Cash withdraw limits
Cash Sequester
Cash Outta yo pocket!

and Cash be gone!

They dunt mention cache anywhere..
-------------------

All the google graduates to the front of the line! The education on the internet is much better! Some of them have figured out sometimes cache might save you CASH!!!!!

Now, for the Avroutski family at a petting zoo, and yes there's a chicken (seriously): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKpfLBm3fyA
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 06:27:51 AM

I think this Douglas guy has a crush on Max: http://www.meetup.com/BitcoinDC/member/5704316/

Max Avroutski
Hometown: New York
Introduction
I would like to trade bitcoins.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 01:00:40 PM

Why announce now ?
So that potential customers would know that they will have options.

I won't do a preorder because of the butterflylabs.com accident and I want to have the ability to buy a unit with only one module of 500GH/s.

neotrix

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 01:45:36 PM

I think this Douglas guy has a crush on Max: http://www.meetup.com/BitcoinDC/member/5704316/

Max Avroutski
Introduction
I would like to trade bitcoins.

So the guy want to trade bitcoin since 4 march 2013?  Does it mean Max has just heared recently about bitcoin and he can bring up an Asic on a 20 nm process...wow wonderfull world...

Out of thread, someone quoted a foundery in swiss, does someone have the name of this foundery? One of my friend from Swiss have his father owning 3 factories doing chips apparently and he's only one to do it in Europa apparently (Im personnaly no skilled for that and was not looking about asic when my friend told me about factories of his father and I just made the relation when reading this thread). It could be funny and interessant if his father was owner of a company able to produce chips...

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2013, 04:03:06 PM

Compare: http://www.meetup.com/ny-tech/members/5704316/?op=&memberId=5704316

Max Avroutski

Introduction

At (My America Education) http://www.MyAmEd... we help teachers and educators to bring affordable, engaging and easy to learn multimedia and game-like education to K-12. Please send me a message on how you can help to Improve American Education.

Confirmed! Same guy: http://www.pagesinventory.com/domain/www.myamed.com.html

DNS #1:   run.earth.orderbox-dns.com
DNS #2:   run.mars.orderbox-dns.com
DNS #3:   run.mercury.orderbox-dns.com
DNS #4:   run.venus.orderbox-dns.com

http://who.godaddy.com/whoisregdata.aspx?k=4xHeW1GexhaLgbBjvq4cYg==&domain=galaxyasic.com&prog_id=GoDaddy

Domain Name: GALAXYASIC.COM
Registrar: NETEARTH ONE INC. D/B/A NETEARTH
Whois Server: whois.advancedregistrar.com
Referral URL: http://www.advancedregistrar.com
Name Server: RUN.EARTH.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Name Server: RUN.MARS.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Name Server: RUN.MERCURY.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Name Server: RUN.VENUS.ORDERBOX-DNS.COM
Updated Date: 25-mar-2013
Creation Date: 25-mar-2013
Expiration Date: 25-mar-2014

And now this: http://www.ideaswatch.com/inspirers/1361556859372256