Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:39:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympic games should be abolished  (Read 3293 times)
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:00:30 PM

They're like war, really. Only without guns. Sport isn't nation against nation, it's athletes against other athletes. Let the best guys win, and let's forget the stupid, stinking, blood-tainted flags behind them.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:49:16 AM

All business is like war. Walmart against Target is like war. Only abolish Olympics if they are government supported by tax money. If they are a business, set up some competition... another similar business... and make some money.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:41:48 AM

Abolish the Olympics because they are "like war with the guns", really? Isn't that a good thing when every country takes part in something, competing with each other, sharing a bond and brotherhood thru it all? All that without killing each other. But I could agree to abolish it for different reasons because of the politics behind it and it is wasting tax payers' money.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:20:34 PM

The old Greeks stopped every war when the time for the Olympics games arrived. I wish it would be like that today  Roll Eyes

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:27:16 PM

They're like war, really. Only without guns. Sport isn't nation against nation, it's athletes against other athletes. Let the best guys win, and let's forget the stupid, stinking, blood-tainted flags behind them.

i compeletely agree with you.. olympics or any other sports competitions must be abolished immediately. Nations dont attend those competitions on the behalf of sports . On the contrary, they join in them for the sake of their commerical  or racists purposes.
wxa7115

Activity: 2730
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:53:15 PM

As far as I know, the Olympic Games lose money despite all the merchandising, since the games use tax payers money they should be abolished or downsized to a more manageable level.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
poptok1

Activity: 1638
Merit: 756

Bobby Fischer was right

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 03:03:15 PM

As far as I know, the Olympic Games lose money despite all the merchandising, since the games use tax payers money they should be abolished or downsized to a more manageable level.
This money waste happens only in case of country's without proper infrastructure.
Unfortunately this is what is happening most of the time...
Why bother throwing Olympics in highly developed area with all the stadiums
and hotels when you can organise it in 3rd word? Wasting tremendous amount of cash on unfair public deals and auctions. Its really beyond me, the IOC is basically promoting corruption and fraud in weaker areas of our planet. This is what needs to be abolished.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 06:26:07 PM

Competition and the desire to push limits is an innate human trait. It's obvious that something like the Olympics will always exist.

What shouldn't exist is the insane expense and political/financial backroom weirdness. Local taxpayers shouldn't be burdened with decades of debt for facilities that may never be used again.

Build a permanent setup in Athens and be done with it or have inflatable stadiums that go from country to country.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:11:09 PM

Not at all I'd say it's more practical to just not host. The amount of tourism and consumerism that countries expect to get by hosting the Olympics simply doesn't come close to the amount they actually make.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 07:35:09 PM

Who wants to abolish baseball? or football? or soccer? or any number of other sports? Abolish government support and make it a big business thing where people buy tickets to attend. Then it can go on just like any other sport that isn't supported by government.

If you want to abolish it, don't go!

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:52:43 PM

Competition and the desire to push limits is an innate human trait. It's obvious that something like the Olympics will always exist.

What shouldn't exist is the insane expense and political/financial backroom weirdness. Local taxpayers shouldn't be burdened with decades of debt for facilities that may never be used again.

Build a permanent setup in Athens and be done with it or have inflatable stadiums that go from country to country.

Sure, sport is nice and will always exist, and there's nothing wrong with private sponsorship. It's the sponsorship which wrecks the whole thing. I guess tennis has passed that level. There's Wimbledon or the french open, there are great shows where hardly anyone cares about the citizenship of the players.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 10:57:21 PM

i don't think it's even slightly comparable to war. olympic games promote camaraderie among athletes and nations. here we can have friendly competition with people from other parts of the world without having any restrictions from religion and culture.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 11:01:50 PM

There's Wimbledon or the french open, there are great shows where hardly anyone cares about the citizenship of the players.

There are tons of non Olympic athletic tournaments but no one appears to give much of a shit about them. Even then they're often fielding national teams. I think it's the tribalism of the Olympics that resonates in many a heart.

And for me at least I don't think there's a single Olympic event I'm remotely interested in watching. I do like the winter Olympics but mainly for the scenery.
Vinz24

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 04:07:56 AM

Yes its war but a friendly war game. At least in Olympics nobody die when they loose. Olympics keeps humanity together even if they loose they are still happy.

Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 04:19:50 AM

Yes its war but a friendly war game. At least in Olympics nobody die when they loose. Olympics keeps humanity together even if they loose they are still happy.
your right what is the problem of olympics atleast we are not fighting using guns
wakinsor

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 04:57:10 AM

well actually its kinda true in a war you have to maximizing your advantage .Some country only funding sport that give advantage to them just to get gold medal or achievement.
But somehow athletes become more motivated when they fight for their country maybe because they feel like hero
Mauser

Activity: 1792
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 05:01:26 AM

It maybe is like war but the number of People dying is fairly small compared to a real war. Better a war in the sports Arena then in any city. Olympic games are around for so long, why end this Tradition now?
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 05:10:08 AM

i don't think it's even slightly comparable to war. olympic games promote camaraderie among athletes and nations. here we can have friendly competition with people from other parts of the world without having any restrictions from religion and culture.

+1. I don't know what motivated the OP for thinking that it is all the same as a "war but without guns." What the Olympics stand for is the opposite of what he's trying to say.
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:26:08 AM

why are there still marxists in 2016

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:03:22 PM

why are there still marxists in 2016

I don't think all olympic fans are marxists.

It maybe is like war but the number of People dying is fairly small compared to a real war. Better a war in the sports Arena then in any city. Olympic games are around for so long, why end this Tradition now?

Because the time has come. The USSR has failed, the EU is in turmoil, and all fascist statist organizations must go. The people enjoying the olympics are the same who enjoy military parades, or those who are happy to pay tax to make "their country" better, or those who want their country to be great. Olympic games were invented to make citizens proud. They're a statist propaganda tool, but I wish everybody to be ashamed of his citizenship. No more war, then. If every soldier, every athlete, every man and woman would be ashamed of his country, the world would be a peaceful place where everybody would be friendly with everybody else. Also, there would be much less tax, without all that spending.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: