Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:07:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympic games should be abolished  (Read 3293 times)
nor9850

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2016, 06:55:18 AM

its about the best in the world coming together in the name of peaceful sportsmanship and for the progress of mankind, its the inspiration for many sporting organization around the world and became largely the first globally organized event ever. This is a very ignorant post, please learn your history before becoming an activist.
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:07:10 AM

Hilariously stupid post
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 07:08:32 AM

They're like war, really. Only without guns. Sport isn't nation against nation, it's athletes against other athletes. Let the best guys win, and let's forget the stupid, stinking, blood-tainted flags behind them.

It comes from you that we should forget the stupid, stinking, blood-tainted flags behind them so I dare say to continue the Olympics. Grin  I am really amazed everytime that there is a competition involving different countries as it is the only way aside from beauty pageants that there is no guns nor blood involved. And that they gathered in one venue peacefully that differences were set aside.  If only Olympics can solve differences of beliefs and could stop war maybe we could do it regularly like every year.  It is really nice to see countries to be gathered together leaving war behind.
Hamukione

Activity: 1202
Merit: 507

Pinch.Network Guaranteed Airdrop

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 09:18:33 AM

They're like war, really. Only without guns. Sport isn't nation against nation, it's athletes against other athletes. Let the best guys win, and let's forget the stupid, stinking, blood-tainted flags behind them.

You sir are a fucking idiot..

Its sports.. The best person wins..
Any competetion can be seen as war if you want it to be seen like that.

Pinch.Network - Join the airdrop now for free! No waitlist, no points. Guaranteed airdrop by claiming a free NFT.
groll

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:11:52 PM

Seriously?  Compairing sports with war?  Where did you get those idea?  I think we should promote more event like this as it gives a sense of unity.  War has no place in this competition.  It just showcase the ability and strength of each participants from different part of the world.  Let us just forget war as of this moment.
birareru1988

Activity: 275

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:28:30 PM

As soon as one is wrong to write a post, it can cause a storm of emotions. Maybe, just do not notice that this is not the correct position? Wink Maybe the person is too young and made a mistake? In general, the beginning of the Olympic Games, meant the end of all wars. If someone forgot the story. Wink
umairsaleem011

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:30:25 PM

As soon as one is wrong to write a post, it can cause a storm of emotions. Maybe, just do not notice that this is not the correct position? Wink Maybe the person is too young and made a mistake? In general, the beginning of the Olympic Games, meant the end of all wars. If someone forgot the story. Wink

Iwas going to say this but I couldn't remember the exact greek quote. Anyone know it? where they say its sports instead of war essentially?
joshvette001

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:48:07 PM

Well the Olympic games were created so the Roman empire can alleviate the tension of war by holding these games as a "friendly" competition. Instead of the bloody one they held in the arena for the gladiators. Now that was much more severe than what they hold now wouldn't you agree? Undecided
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:05:02 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2016, 06:55:38 PM by markj113

Why stop at the olympics, why not football or any other major sport.  How about the eurovision song contest lol

A prime example of generation snowflake   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

p.s. there also several shooting events in the olympics that use guess what .... guns.

marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:08:58 PM

Why stop at the olympics, why not football or any other major sport.  How about the eurovision song contest lol

A prime example of generation snowflake   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Never heard of generation snowflake.
Is that a term used for this generation now that are wussies asking why this and why that with anything to do with retaliation against an opposing force?
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:10:45 PM

Why stop at the olympics, why not football or any other major sport.  How about the eurovision song contest lol

Never heard of generation snowflake.
Is that a term used for this generation now that are wussies asking why this and why that with anything to do with retaliation against an opposing force?

"Generation Snowflake, or Snowflake Generation, is a term that refers to young people, typically university or college students, who seek to avoid emotionally charged topics, or dissenting ideas and opinions. This may involve support of safe spaces and trigger warnings in the university setting."

" generation snowflake
The group of young people today that have the INSANE belief they have the right to NOT be offended by any of the beliefs/viewpoints of the other 7.1 billion people of this planet. When these fragile/infantile people are offended, most likely they will react in someway like a toddler (cry, scream, act hysterical, etc). "

So yes basically pussies that would like to ban free speech for example if it hurts someone's feelings.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:33:28 PM

I don't think so.
You probably don't know story behind start of ancient Olympic games in Greece.
In Greece, long time ago, around 3 000 years, Olympic games was like real peace festival and celebration.
All wars and conflicts was forbidden during Olympic games.
In modern history, Olympic games came as idea to recover this ''spirit'' from ancient Greece and bring people together, make modern festival and celebration of peace.
Olympic idea had good and bad moments until now but still this idea brings many people together and sharing ideas about cooperation, peace and tolerance.
Such values we still need in our societies.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Daisy14

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:37:33 PM

Yeah, lots of athletes put in so much effort and when they lose, you feel their pain as well.

Sometimes I hate competitions Roll Eyes
countryfree (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:14:12 PM

p.s. there also several shooting events in the olympics that use guess what .... guns.

The olympics are the largest event so they should go first, but all sports which are nation-related should go too. I forgot one game involves guns, but that's minor, and it's not my point. I had never heard of a generation snowflake, I suppose you invented that, but I'm certainly not one of them. I'm not young and I've seen that nationalism can kill. I remember one of my best friend. I found him one evening lying in front of his house, dead with blood all around. Nobody has been arrested. The men who killed him are free. I don't think they will kill again because the war is over, but I imagine them watching the olympics and cheering for their national team. They're all the same. Soldiers, athletes and supporters at the olympics not because they like sport, but only for their country's glory.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
markj113
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 11:30:53 PM

No I did not invent "Generation Snowflake" its quite well known - google it.

There is not one game that involves guns - there are 10 in the list I posted.

If nationalism is not important then why did your country fight back, why not just give up and let the invading army take over?

They're all the same. Soldiers, athletes and supporters at the olympics not because they like sport, but only for their country's glory.

And you base this statement on what facts?  Surely people become interested in sport and dedicate their lives to it to reach that level because they love their chosen sport and not some "countries glory"
Gutembergin

Activity: 176

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:05:38 AM

WTF? While your at it ban all sports too accept sarcastaball #SouthPark
KFCBTC

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:55:30 AM

I agree with this post!! (Just kidding I'm not stupid  Grin)
KFCBTC

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 02:56:31 AM

Hilariously stupid post
lol good answer
Altitude

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 04:30:30 AM

You should be abolished for stupidest statement of the year

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 05:10:24 AM

As far as I know, the Olympic Games lose money despite all the merchandising, since the games use tax payers money they should be abolished or downsized to a more manageable level.
This money waste happens only in case of country's without proper infrastructure.
Unfortunately this is what is happening most of the time...
Why bother throwing Olympics in highly developed area with all the stadiums
and hotels when you can organise it in 3rd word? Wasting tremendous amount of cash on unfair public deals and auctions. Its really beyond me, the IOC is basically promoting corruption and fraud in weaker areas of our planet. This is what needs to be abolished.

Well, the London 2012 games lost money, if my memory does not fail me, so the games are too expensive even for the first world countries, because of that I mantain my position, don't host the games or the games need to become smaller.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: