Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:47:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: moderation habits  (Read 481 times)
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:03:26 PM

this is speculation, yet

"btc to $1000000 thread" was removed, however, several $100000, $163 bil market cap, $10000 "next month", etc threads remain.
Personally, i care less-not my thread, yet I don't see ANY consistency and I SPECULATE that there ain't one.
Just something done on a whim.

here is my speculation: BTC to 591.17 By jan 2016.
Good enough?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:06:21 PM

this is speculation, yet

"btc to $1000000 thread" was removed, however, several $100000, $163 bil market cap, $10000 "next month", etc threads remain.
Personally, i care less-not my thread, yet I don't see ANY consistency and I SPECULATE that there ain't one.

Good enough?

Y'know, there's a wall for these sorts of pithy observations. Surely you've come across it?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Biodom (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:07:04 PM

this is speculation, yet

Good enough?

Y'know, there's a wall for these sorts of pithy observations. Surely you've come across it?

no and why?
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 11:20:33 PM

You don't know about the wall? Huh

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
LogHangingConsortium

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 12:08:24 AM

I guess it all comes down to "you get what you pay for." :\
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 12:13:23 AM

I guess it all comes down to "you get what you pay for." :\

Didn't the great king slay the beast for you? Didn't he wander for your sins, lost in strange lands, with strange musics? (But you don't really care for music, do you?) Didn't he give you bread when you were hungry? And also wine when thine thirst did grow? And when thou dost yearneth, doth he that hath bore your unceremonious burdens not also yearnethed with thee?! Huh

Lo!

RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 12:47:34 AM

Lauda == moot  Cheesy

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:01:55 AM

I don't like those useless threads. I think it would be enough with a single thread where we could share our forecast and predictions about the bitcoin price. In fact there are lots of similar threads with no other purpose than increase post count, but this is just a natural consequence of signature campaigns.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 07:43:54 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2016, 08:15:32 AM by Lauda

In fact there are lots of similar threads with no other purpose than increase post count, but this is just a natural consequence of signature campaigns.
Indeed. The situation that I'm trying to improve was caused by them. There are on-going discussions (both public and private) on how to tackle this problem on a global level.

You have to keep a few things in mind. As Blitz had been quite inactive for a while, the situation in the Speculation sub-forum has degraded severely to the point where the majority of the posts (by signature spammers) contain wording similar to this:
I think it will reach X in Y time
and
I think it won't reach X in Y time, but will be slower.
There posts are worthless (mostly one liners and/or used to reach a minimum criteria depending on the campaign) and used for post-padding. Additionally, there's a severe lack of reports regarding these (not the posts specifically, but rather the threads themselves. Usually, it is threads that have obviously become a spam-fest (e.g. a huge amount of pages of no value) that are prioritized in a clean up. Also, please don't forget that playing whack-a-mole with NLC is part of my daily routine here as well. I'm open to suggestions and would appreciate any input regarding this matter.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: