Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:44:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Paypal for your BTC (Preev+5%)  (Read 856 times)
mk3000 (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:09:04 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2016, 02:01:51 AM by mk3000

I want to buy your BTC with Paypal, paying at Preev rate+5%.

terms of the deal:
  • Escrow is a must. No Escrow, No deal. I'll only avoid using escrow, if you want to send first on your own.
  • I won't charge back, but since you can't trust me, I will provide pictures, selfie and screenshots to seller stating that I've bought digital goods from you, so you can dispute and win any chargeback in the future.
  • I have more than 30 trades on localbitcoin, with 100% positive feedback, including plenty of paypal deals, for which I can provide proof if needed.
  • you must post in this thread before, during and after we make a trade. feel free to contact me via PM only after you post here.

Here's my reputation thread.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any question may you have Smiley

Bitrated user: comoto3000.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 02:11:39 AM

terms of the deal:
  • Escrow is a must. No Escrow, No deal. I'll only avoid using escrow, if you want to send first on your own.

Escrow for this deal is useless.

• I won't charge back, but since you can't trust me, I will provide pictures, selfie and screenshots to seller stating that I've bought digital goods from you, so you can dispute and win any chargeback in the future.

Paypal does not offer protection for digital goods but if a credit card is used for funds, there is a way to chargeback.

• I have more than 30 trades on localbitcoin, with 100% positive feedback, including plenty of paypal deals, for which I can provide proof if needed.

That is there, this is here. Proof of a past transaction is not a guarantee for a future transaction.

• you must post in this thread before, during and after we make a trade. feel free to contact me via PM only after you post here.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
mk3000 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 03:29:42 AM

Escrow for this deal is useless.
Paypal does not offer protection for digital goods but if a credit card is used for funds, there is a way to chargeback.
That is there, this is here. Proof of a past transaction is not a guarantee for a future transaction.

A) Escrow is useless as long as people charge back, which I can guarantee I won't.
B) I don't fund my paypal account with credit cards and can provide proof of it.
C) Completely agree, past transactions are useless, but is the best thing we have to create online trust, which is why this website, like most trading websites, is based on a past transaction rating system.

I understand that new users here are all scammers by default, and appreciate your effort to protect the forum, thanks!

Any other questions, I'll be glad to answer Smiley

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 01:48:02 PM

Perhaps you would like to read this cautionary tale?

Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0

suchmoon
Legendary

Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 04:15:17 PM

terms of the deal:

Why don't you trade on Localbitcoin and forget Bitcointalk. There is no way to ensure a safe PayPal trade here. All that bullshit about escrow and selfies just makes you sound like a seasoned scammer.
mk3000 (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2016, 04:30:54 PM

Why don't you trade on Localbitcoin and forget Bitcointalk. There is no way to ensure a safe PayPal trade here. All that bullshit about escrow and selfies just makes you sound like a seasoned scammer.

A) Diversification. I do trade on localbitcoin, which I will continue to do. and also,  I want to start trading and build a reputation here. As far as I'm aware, there are no rules here that demands any kind of exclusivity for traders. Free market, my friend.

B) The "bullshit about escrow and selfies" are actually proven methods to minimize risk, which are largely used to safeguard online deals. if they weren't, then why do we have so many escrow services here?

Again, thanks for trying to keep the forum safe from scammers.  I too have been victim of scammers here, which is why I perfectly understand your concerns.

Any other question, feel free to ask or contact me.

suchmoon
Legendary

Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2016, 04:46:29 PM

B) The "bullshit about escrow and selfies" are actually proven methods to minimize risk, which are largely used to safeguard online deals. if they weren't, then why do we have so many escrow services here?

First, no sane escrow would touch PayPal.

Second, selfies and affidavits don't "safeguard" the deal in any way, other than make the seller feel "safer". A PayPal transaction can still be reversed and in the end all you have to offer is your word. You would have more credibility if you were honest about the risks.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 01:40:41 AM

A) Diversification. I do trade on localbitcoin, which I will continue to do. and also,  I want to start trading and build a reputation here. As far as I'm aware, there are no rules here that demands any kind of exclusivity for traders. Free market, my friend.

Again, thanks for trying to keep the forum safe from scammers.  I too have been victim of scammers here, which is why I perfectly understand your concerns.

Any other question, feel free to ask or contact me.

Diversification. I love that word. Scammers are becoming more and more ingenious... clever, creative, enterprising.. the adjectives go and on. Diversifying their scam methods to attract the best possible btc returns.

I also love the elaborate stories here of how they used to get scammed, how other payment methods won't work (banks down, ATMs down, Western Union 90 miles from home, cash deposit too much trouble no banks where I live, basically anything irreversible is a no no).

Then there is this evolving trend of newbies or semi-newbies who post long elaborate stories that begin with sympathy-inviting lines like ohhhhh i got scammed before so i will never send send first, ohhhhh i can't withdraw my paypal funds to my bank account because my bank's systems are down for a month, ohhhhhh i guarantee you i will NEVER chargeback (cross my heart! i swear on my dog's grave!).

Then you have these scammers who pretend to be upright bitcoins traders warning potential posters on their thread that they will not tolerate scams (lol as if, the hypocrisy and audacity and shamelessness and the nerve!). Scammers warning off other scammers. That would be a bestseller.

Verdict: scam. Don't trade with anyone who promises and guarantees he would never chargeback. How would he guarantee that? By saying something he can't do, you get the first red flag. A scammer will always use a line I GUARANTEE....

Withdraw your stolen paypal funds and buy bitcoins the honorable way with an IRreversible payment method and on a secure escrowed environment.

mk3000 (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 03:22:17 PM

$35 available on Paypal for trade. Preev+5% or your best offer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: