Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:46:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 BTC for the most creative idea on how it will be used  (Read 4229 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:05:19 AM

I would out it towards buying a piece of land with a operating gold mine, I would then run the machines required with wind turbines etc. This is a VERY expensive way to start off, but something which I have always wanted to do. I would be willing to hire workers with Bitcoin, however only to people in the local area. (Not yet figured out where to locate the business).
I still have a long  way to go, however everything gets me a little closer to my goal. I'm going to be buying some land very soon, I have a few people who I have been in contact with. I have been researching for a few years now.

When I have some idea on the landscape of the area, I will then finalise some of my designs/plans This could potentially be very profitable in the long run, hard work but that's right down my street. Like I said, I have researched a lot into this, and have know how to actually put my plans into order.

The wind turbines would be powered by solar panels. I already know not to expect a profit within the first 3 years, however my estimated calculations say that I would be able to break even within 5 years if everything goes to plan. Of course these are only estimates and may not be accurate, could take less or more time.

I know it's not the best idea, but I think it's a unique idea to everyone who has posted, it would be friendly to our environment (Not fully first of all). I actually am going to do with one of my family members, who actually has experience with this sort of work. (Except the solar panels etc.)

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 12:12:32 AM

I would send it to the POTUS Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam accompanied by a letter outlining it's potential.

Guess who likes PJ?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
dwdoc
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

- - -Caveat Aleo- - -

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 12:27:12 AM

I would have offered the bitcoin on a 7 day eBay auction to the bidder with the most creative idea.
BitPirate

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:18:49 AM

Time to get back to the deal.

Personally, I adore the idea of the single bitcoin being distributed in a traceable way, but there weren't that many proposals on it (at least for what I expected).
So it's not like: "I will add it to my wallet and will buy/develop/gamble from the pool". Sure, any development can lead to really cool things, but it's not the main point here. There's no problem with taking half of BTC to yourself and using the rest for a bigger purpose, however there were not that many deep proposals on it.

I've selected these favorites, and to make it a bit harder for a final winner, I'll ask to prove their points. So, guys, if you care, please give more details on how you are going to do it and prove it with blockchain/timelog etc.:

BitPirate
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158226.msg1686229#msg1686229
I like it so far - still ready to do it? Would you share some details on the process?

crazyates
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158226.msg1688803#msg1688803
Would you care to create a plan for that?

MarlboroMan
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158226.msg1694857#msg1694857
Sounds cool, just how can you prove? Smiley

mobile4ever
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=158226.msg1702811#msg1702811
Could you elaborate on how the plugin is going to function? So far it's a bit vague.

And thanks to everyone else too!

I'd forgotten about this. It's been a long time -- quite a lot has happened since I posted here (see my sig, LOL). I'm actually in the process of giving away 20 BTC as "marketing expenses" (special offer) to new users on my new China exchange -- and dealing with all the upfront losses as a result.

I'd still be up for this though -- I won't turn down 1BTC. :-) Obviously I have a vested interest. Here's how I'd do it...

Have you heard about the current Chinese 'Gold Rush'? I'd print out 2,000* high quality flyers and give them to people / leave them lying around outside Shanghai's big gold shops, and to a lesser extent around the business district.

The flyer would be printed on glossy paper, double sided. Top side would be about Bitcoin and how it is "Gold 2.0". The bottom side would be "how to buy", but would include directions for my exchange :-)

* The quantity would be such that the total cost would be 2BTC -- I'd double your money. I might have to include expenses for handing them out though, as flyposting here is quite high-risk. If after the first day I deemed it too risky, I'd pay someone else to do it for me.

So BitPirate if you haven't printed the flyers yet - you are the winner. 
Just one thing: I would like to get some proof, could you post some photos of the flyers or something similar here? In that case please give me your address.

OK, cool! Thanks very much. Let me talk to the other half and get back to you with the flyer design...

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: