Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:44:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally received my batch 1 Avalon #152 ordered / paid on September 23, 2012  (Read 4046 times)
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:04:30 PM

My avalons arrived yesterday out of the blue. Yifu said the same thing, they were shipped.

DHL couldn't find them in their system I called a bunch of times. Even the morning they were delivered DHL found nothing in their system. So just because DHL can't find it doesn't mean it's not on it way.

Thank you for posting.
Now that you have the package & attached paperwork, can you see a tracking number, and does it give any information that you wish you had earlier?

Good question, ProfMac,

what can you see on DHL site when you use your tracking number, I'd add.

spiccioli
tripper22 (OP)

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 08:58:22 PM

So, are you saying my computer is in the mail?

No response to this question.  He won't say if my Unit has been shipped.  Won't even acknowledge that I am a customer and due a computer.  My original account at Avalon is gone.

My only hope is that it will arrive out of the blue like Aseras's did.  Why does he ship them through the "Blue".  How does that work?

He's very busy doing interviews right now. Yifu, what is my tracking number? More importantly where is my order #152 Avalon?
JerimiahJohnson

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:27:12 AM

@Bitsyncom

Can you please check on my batch#1 order # 200000393

I have already received 1/3 of the order (so I know there is no problem with the address) but since I am a Batch 1 early order I would really like to know if you know anything about the other 2/3 of my order. Tracking numbers for at least another 1/3 of that order would make me very happy. I know you guys are understaffed and very busy but since you are already selling Batch #3, I would really like to know the status of the remainder of my Batch #1 order.

thanks for your time.

-JJ

Coming soon the Cointamination 16 65nm Chip BFL CLone Board.
Board Hashing: http://bit.ly/1cXs5Rt
tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 04:02:12 PM

I called DHL today and they have nothing coming to my address in Canada. I have emailed Yifu numerous times. I have private messaged him and opened 2 support tickets. I have been polite in all my messages. I have done everything I can to get an update on my shipping situation. I continue to receive no response from him.

My order was placed and paid on September 23, 2012. My shipping address and phone number are correct. As a customer I did everything quickly and correctly.

Where is my batch 1 Avalon?

I dunno, we sent it out and it is also not on the list of problematic addresses, I'll update you as more information is available.

I'm still waiting for my update Yifu...
tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:42:33 PM

I just spoke with DHL again.  They did a search of all orders from Hong Kong to my zip code in the month of March.  There is nothing.

I conclude the my unit was never shipped.  Yufi should be able to tell me this but he chooses not to.

Today I requested that Avalon take one of their computers and point it at my mining pool.  That way I can get the income I am missing while they go about shipping my unit.  I posted my request here, as well as adding it to my support ticket.  As usual, I have absolutely no response.

I suggest you all do the same.

My worst fear is that my unit just doesn't exist.  Maybe they ran out of chips.  Or maybe they dropped it.  I suspect that Yufi is intentionally denying a few customers for reasons he wants to keep secret.

Sam

Endless frustration is the theme in this thread.
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:49:02 PM

so whats going on? have any avalons arrived in canada as of yet?
tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:55:22 PM

Allinvain got his. That's the only one I know of so far. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155488.msg1664368#msg1664368
Surpbitcoin

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 06:57:40 PM

Allinvain got his. That's the only one I know of so far. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155488.msg1664368#msg1664368

Well I hope they start showing up soon! I placed an order for batch 3 and I hope to not be waiting as long as you guys did.

Please keep us posted.
nbtcminer

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:10:29 PM

Only allinvain has gotten his.
JerimiahJohnson

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 01:05:55 AM

@Bitsyncom

I have already received 1/3 of the order (so I know there is no problem with the address) but since I am a Batch 1 early order I would really like to know if you know anything about the other 2/3 of my order. Tracking numbers for at least another 1/3 of that order would make me very happy. I know you guys are understaffed and very busy but since you are already selling Batch #3, I would really like to know the status of the remainder of my Batch #1 order.

thanks for your time.

-JJ

bump

OTtAn

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2013, 11:34:19 PM

BitSyncom Why did you ignore my questions?
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:17:15 AM

I called DHL today and they have nothing coming to my address in Canada. I have emailed Yifu numerous times. I have private messaged him and opened 2 support tickets.

I'm still waiting for my update Yifu...

Any update on your order?
JerimiahJohnson

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 01:37:53 AM

@Bitsyncom

thanks for your time.

-JJ

*bump*

tripper22 (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:59:08 AM

I have a tracking number that I got by calling DHL. The waybill was created 2 days ago but it hasn't moved or been picked up. This is taking far too long.
ab8989

Activity: 209
Merit: 101

FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 06:01:42 AM

I have a question for you all to try to answer.

If you have a piece of paper with a name and an address to some unknown person in another country far far away where they speak a completely foreign language and follow a street numbering scheme you have never heard of, what is the method by which you are able to determine whether the address has been written correctly to that paper and there has been no mixup with someone elses address? The rules of the game state that you are not allowed to call or in any way try to contact that person.

Please post here what is the method you are going to use to determine the correctness of the address and what is your projected reliability achieved in doing this.

Also post the estimated time consumed of doing the verification with this method compared to the time that it takes to send out an verification email to an email-address you have also on the same piece of paper sitting right in front of you.

The answers to this question will tell us whether what Avalon is doing makes any sense and what might be the reason for the numerous seemingly lost packages.
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:51:57 AM

I have a question for you all to try to answer.

If you have a piece of paper with a name and an address to some unknown person in another country far far away where they speak a completely foreign language and follow a street numbering scheme you have never heard of, what is the method by which you are able to determine whether the address has been written correctly to that paper and there has been no mixup with someone elses address?...
Type the address in google maps and see what comes up. And maybe use street view when the address is located.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
ab8989

Activity: 209
Merit: 101

FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:15:22 AM

Type the address in google maps and see what comes up. And maybe use street view when the address is located.

Does google show something sensible and correct for all valid addresses? I have searched dozens of addresses I know 100% sure are valid and google does not show anything useful.

Is google guaranteed not to show anything for totally garbled addresses? I would guess a significant percentage of those will lead into google showing something.

Okay, you get some picture of a street and maybe a huge apartment building. What next? How is that picture of a street and building significant to the person in question? Does he live there or does somebody else?

I know for a fact that the address I am sitting currently in Thailand typing this message does not get anywhere close with google if I write it exactly as it says in the lease agreement or any other more sensible way I could think of it written. I get a dozen hits for places all over the town I live in and slight variation on how I type it gets me to a different dozen places around town. Even the name of the street has about half a dozen different ways how the original thai language name can be transcribed to western alphabets and none of those are more correct than other because it really is only the thai alphabet one that is correct. And the numberings along the street are a total nightmare to understand. Actually I am not sure at all whether this address I myself have for my own apartment is anywhere near correctly written of not and even I cannot think of many places I could check to be sure. However after next week I am not here any more so I don't have to worry about it. Maybe I could try to send a letter to my own address to find out whether the post office understands that or not. Good luck for anybody else to figure that out.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 12:45:41 PM

Maybe I could try to send a letter to my own address to find out whether the post office understands that or not. Good luck for anybody else to figure that out.

I send an empty envelope to myself every time I move, before I do the change of address process.

I try to be respectful and informed.
m3whiteknight

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:35:10 PM

I did the same thing  Grin except I change address then mail to old address to see if it will be forward to new address as planned   Grin
JerimiahJohnson

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:49:49 PM

@Bitsyncom / Yifu

can you please confirm that all Batch1 orders have been shipped?

and if so what is the hold up are they all sitting in customs?

Please give us Batch 1 customers some news!

order # 393

received 1/3 of order still waiting on the rest

I will certainly shut up if I can get some sort of news on my order
 Tongue

thank you

-JJ

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: