Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:41:28 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TRC|PPC|FRC] vPool.us - 1% fee, PPLNS - scam alert-  (Read 14640 times)
Vuxil

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:16:22 PM

I don't think it's a scam, though I did thought so at first.
2 days ago I started mining for 16 hours with ~330Mah/s and it shows I need to get paid for 2.1 PPC when confirmed, I immediatly switched to coinotron, but I just entered my profile and it shows that half of my shares are accounted for (some still waits confirmations) and my balance is 5.33790279 PPC..

So I don't know, maybe the estimated PPC is wayyy off, but it does eventually gives you the coins at the end?

What did it actually send to your wallet? What was displayed on the page and what it actually sent me were very different
OfekA

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 07:20:52 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 08:00:38 PM by OfekA

2 days ago I started mining for 16 hours with ~330Mah/s and it shows I need to get paid for 2.1 PPC when confirmed, I immediatly switched to coinotron, but I just entered my profile and it shows that half of my shares are accounted for (some still waits confirmations) and my balance is 5.33790279 PPC..

So I don't know, maybe the estimated PPC is wayyy off, but it does eventually gives you the coins at the end?

What did it actually send to your wallet? What was displayed on the page and what it actually sent me were very different

I actually didn't send it to my wallet yet.. good point, I'll send it and report back.

EDIT:

Alright, so it took about 40minutes for me to get 5.332903 PPC to my wallet, I think it's fine?
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:38:26 AM

Well that's what I said before, the round cutoff is non-existant and acts as 1 big round so its proportional pay per  share pool giving estimates of pplns. Its not working correctly, but should pay roughly the same.

But the pool operator prefers to not acknowledge the problem and call us, what, troublemakers or something? That's reason enough for me to not mine there even if its not a scam.

Its not our first day mining. If everyone says there is a problem and you say there is none, you should definitely reconsider.
matauc12

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 08:29:15 AM

Well that's what I said before, the round cutoff is non-existant and acts as 1 big round so its proportional pay per  share pool giving estimates of pplns. Its not working correctly, but should pay roughly the same.

But the pool operator prefers to not acknowledge the problem and call us, what, troublemakers or something? That's reason enough for me to not mine there even if its not a scam.

Its not our first day mining. If everyone says there is a problem and you say there is none, you should definitely reconsider.

Here is my experience with this "pool":
(After confirmation)

User id: petervii
Valid shares: 4086
Invalid shares: 40
Balance: 1.6964145 ppc

It works out to: 0.00041578787 per share

Or about 40 times less than cointron RBPPS rate.

The pool is misconfigured.

The only question is if it was misconfigured on purpose or an honest mistake.

Right now, it is ripping people off, big time.

for me, I was at 360ppc after my unpaid shares got all marked at paid, but today, I still get a little bit per blocks found, now up to 600. That's why I assume its gonna be roughly the same. Since its 1 huge round, I should get an ever decreasing pay per block. I guess my proportional analogy was inaccurate.

But You know, we are the problem, not the pool aparrently llol

Edit : also, the top 15 contributor gives a somewhat illusion of rounds because it shows unpaid shares, not shares of the round, which is also not how pplns works. And just because of the fucking mind oblitaring answer to issues by the pool admin :

Get the duck out of that pool it would take 100 days to get your full payment (if the admin is that shit at building a pool from a template!) Or never get full payment if this is a scam.

Now, you got my accusations for you. Giving no answer to fundamental problems and even dismissing them, get real.
snarther

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:23:05 PM

same with me here i tested it mined for about  24h  @  1500m/h  ( due to pool to slow @ coinotron i have constant 2000m/h currently)

no payout yet even on the website the "my account" page says estimated payout   0, 65ppc

as you all say you habe difficulties with this pool i switch it off  and would recommend it for everyone else to do alike as the settings are updated or the scam is revealed 

for me it says
 Unpaid Shares
Your Valid: 17781 
Paid Shares
Your Valid: 0

i dont mind if the payout takes a while but even the on-page account balance says 0
stiff

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:53:25 PM

Pls write list of some other pool?
What is it? Coinotron promotion?
Why bitparking closed, vpool scam?
Why Vuxil make topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=169446.0?
kcobra

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:16:51 PM

Mine PPC on coinotron in one window with high intensity. Then mine BTC in another windows with -d intensity. When coinotron goes down the BTC window will ramp up.
matauc12

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:20:41 PM

there is only coinotron currently (sad truth). Bitparking closed for the reason stated by the admin (I shouldn't have to answer that) and the reason cool is marked as scam and a topic was started is evident in the claims in this thread AND amplified by the pool admins answer.

Now, why do you wish to defend it so much?
stiff

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:43:28 PM

no offense.
just I do not like monopoly and advertisement. I and you are one of the first miners on vpool.    
earlier on vpool I received no fewer PPcoins as on Cointron. now I'm on the frc vpool and there fine.
matauc12

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:36:38 PM

no offense.
just I do not like monopoly and advertisement. I and you are one of the first miners on vpool.    
earlier on vpool I received no fewer PPcoins as on Cointron. now I'm on the frc vpool and there fine.
well you saw my hash rate? I got 50% of what I should have. That's a 300$ loss. And the admin answer............

Coinotron doesn't want monopoly, they cannot sustain that much power and I am sure they would very much like another viable pool. This is not.

And advertisement? Where do they really do that more than someone else? And why advertisement is a bad thing? Consumers buy into advertisement, they speak with their wallet. It doesn't hurt anyone and many great, legitimate businesses survive with advertisement in 2013 (Google, car manufacturers, start ups, artists....

Give me a pool that is not stealing money from me by poor management or scam, I'll buy into it, until then, your reasons to defend are 100% dull.
Vuxil

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:55:03 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 06:12:52 PM by Vuxil

How about instead of creating a list of strawmen to distract from the issue, you fix your pool
Neverest

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:04:09 PM

Going on for 12+ hrs now:

Your Current Hashrate
287 MH/s (should be 320MH/ s according to CGminer)

Paid Shares
Your Valid: 0
Invalid: 0

Unpaid Shares
Your Valid: 3178
Pool Valid: 2793404

Current Round Shares
Pool Valid: 99443

Estimated Per Payout
0.50076567 PPC

So what does Estimated Per Payout mean? It is clarified nowhere. Per block, per share, per day, per hour, ...?
According to Dustcoin, revenue should be 0.469 per hour.
What is going on?
Vuxil

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:06:19 PM

People, if you didn't get it yet already, vpool.us is a giant fucking scam and you should stop using it. Read the prior messages in this thread and stop using vpool NOW
Neverest

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:12:32 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 06:37:04 PM by Neverest

People, if you didn't get it yet already, vpool.us is a giant fucking scam and you should stop using it. Read the prior messages in this thread and stop using vpool NOW

+1
Stopped and moved out. Which PPc pool is working for you? Coinatron website can never be reached, I get time outs all the time and cannot even add a worker to my account...
ar9

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:22:44 PM

That's super frustrating as there aren't really any other PPCoin pools right now.  =S

Thanks for the heads up on the scam though, all.
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 09:54:18 PM

this.
I lost 10 hours on this pool ppff
The mods should close the thread and edit first post.

vpoolserver (OP)

Activity: 40

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:31:34 PM

NEWS:

PPC & TRC tickers update. btc-e source

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2382/rusg.png

stiff

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:51:36 PM

Why block 41,428 is confirmed? I think conformation is linear.
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:57:24 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 03:16:06 PM by flound1129

I'm working on integrating PPC into multipool.in, but going slow because of simplecoin bugs and shaky PHP knowledge Smiley  Hoping to have it done by EOW.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
stiff

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:28:17 PM

Another scammer? I asked about the block's confirmation in the PPC network!!!  Angry
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: