Bitcoin Forum
March 30, 2024, 05:43:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Darvas Box  (Read 799 times)
Sunwew (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 08:59:09 PM

Have you ever heard about "The Darvas Box"? You will love it if you don't know because it works! The formula won't work for cryptocurrency market but it works for facebook, yahoo, apple stocks etc... not for bitcoin.

Nicolas Darvas made $2,000,000 with this formula.

http://traderhq.com/trading-strategies/darvas-box-trading-strategy-explained/
http://www.darvastrader.com/2011/02/16/why-darvas-boxes-still-work-in-modern-markets/

Can you donate me some bitcoins if you liked it? I don't know what to say but I actually need money.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 08:02:16 AM

Have you ever heard about "The Darvas Box"? You will love it if you don't know because it works! The formula won't work for cryptocurrency market but it works for facebook, yahoo, apple stocks etc... not for bitcoin.

http://www.darvastrader.com/2011/02/16/why-darvas-boxes-still-work-in-modern-markets/

Can you donate me some bitcoins if you liked it? I don't know what to say but I actually need money.

How much have you earned yourself using this strategy? If you didn't earn anything with it how do you know that it still works today (provided it actually worked before in the first place)...

And if it does work, why do you ask for a donation?

Sunwew (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 10:17:14 AM

How much have you earned yourself using this strategy? If you didn't earn anything with it how do you know that it still works today (provided it actually worked before in the first place)...

You should look stock graphics. It works. I can make 5x my money in one year but I have $100. $100 x 5 = $500 is very small for one year. If you don't believe me, read about Darvas Box and look at stocks. You'll see that it works. Just be careful with stop-loss level.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 10:28:45 AM

You should look stock graphics. It works. I can make 5x my money in one year but I have $100. $100 x 5 = $500 is very small for one year. If you don't believe me, read about Darvas Box and look at stocks. You'll see that it works. Just be careful with stop-loss level.

That seems to be too good to be true. 5 times a year is like 400%. If it were so, everyone would be using this strategy and who would be left holding the bag then?

When in reality anything above 20% a year is considered a very good profit in the stock market

Sunwew (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 10:53:55 AM

That seems to be too good to be true. 5 times a year is like 400%. If it were so, everyone would be using this strategy and who would be left holding the bag then?

When in reality anything above 20% a year is considered a very good profit in the stock market
Nicolas Darvas made $2,000,000 in just 18 months! I'm telling you should learn how Darvas boxes work and look at stock market. It works.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 11:24:53 AM

Nicolas Darvas made $2,000,000 in just 18 months! I'm telling you should learn how Darvas boxes work and look at stock market. It works.

We don't know (or you just don't say) what he started with to make this amount of money. If he got $10M for a start, that would be equal to the afore mentioned 20% (which, as I said, is still a pretty good yield overall). Nevertheless, if you really believe that this strategy is as good as you want us to think, why don't you take a loan in a bank and actually put the money where your mouth is?

You don't have any property to provide as a collateral and still want us to believe you?

Sunwew (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:30:44 AM

We don't know (or you just don't say) what he started with to make this amount of money. If he got $100M for a start, that would be equal to the earlier mentioned 20% (which, as I said, is still a pretty good yield overall). Nevertheless, if you really believe that this strategy is as good as want us to think, why don't you take a loan in a bank and actually put the money where your mouth is?

You don't have any property and still want us to believe you?
Why are you talking like that? He started with $10,000 and wrote a book about it. What do you want me to do?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Darvas
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 11:36:49 AM

Why not pay everyone in this thread for reading?

Future riches are guaranteed. Just a question of the time it'll take.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 11:51:37 AM

We don't know (or you just don't say) what he started with to make this amount of money. If he got $100M for a start, that would be equal to the earlier mentioned 20% (which, as I said, is still a pretty good yield overall). Nevertheless, if you really believe that this strategy is as good as want us to think, why don't you take a loan in a bank and actually put the money where your mouth is?

Why are you talking like that? He started with $10,000 and wrote a book about it. What do you want me to do?

I want you to actually read that Wiki article which link you just posted

Time magazine subsequently reported that the New York Attorney General had "thrown the book" at Darvas, charging that his story was "unqualifiedly false" and that it could find "ascertainable" profits of only $216,000. The action was the first to be taken under a broadened state law that banned fraud or misrepresentation in giving investment advice

Out of curiosity, do you really believe that if Mr. Darvas' system had been actually working, everyone wouldn't be using it? Even if it had been working in his time, it is a sure bet that now it is useless since any profitable system ceases to bring in profits once it becomes widely known

Sunwew (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 12:08:20 PM

I want you to actually read that Wiki article which link you just posted

Time magazine subsequently reported that the New York Attorney General had "thrown the book" at Darvas, charging that his story was "unqualifiedly false" and that it could find "ascertainable" profits of only $216,000. The action was the first to be taken under a broadened state law that banned fraud or misrepresentation in giving investment advice

Out of curiosity, do you really believe that if Mr. Darvas' system had been actually working, everyone wouldn't be using it? Even if it had been working in his time, it is a sure bet that now it is useless since any profitable system ceases to bring in profits once it becomes widely known
No. Darvas didn't use it with every stocks he saw. Fundamental analysis + Darvas Boxes can make you rich.  Not only Darvas Box. If you don't believe me, I don't care.
WiseOldSage

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 12:14:48 PM

One guy's experience can't be considered proof for how reliable the system is - he could've got lucky. This guy got an insane ROI, that doesn't mean that anyone can reliably replicate his success at any moment.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 12:20:52 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2016, 12:31:07 PM by deisik

Totally offtopic here, lol, but your idea seems to be as amusing as it is viable (if I got it right of course). You pay the author of a thread, and he sends you the key to unlock it so that you could read the contents. Obviously, the key should expire in some time to avoid their spreading across the forum...

The forum administration could also have their percentage from every deal made

Sunwew (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 12:21:47 PM

One guy's experience can't be considered proof for how reliable the system is - he could've got lucky. This guy got an insane ROI, that doesn't mean that anyone can reliably replicate his success at any moment.
It is not one guy's experience. People still use it. I looked at stock market and it still works. Just be careful when to quit. Stop-loss Smiley
Sunwew (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 12:25:01 PM

Totally offtopic here, lol, but your idea seems to be as amusing as it is viable (if I got it right of course). You pay the author of the thread, and he sends you the key to unlock it so that you could read the contents...

The forum administration could also have their percentage from every deal made
What? lol.

I didn't say you should donate me. I said if you liked it you can donate, that's it. Let's say you made $1,000,000 with this strategy, you don't have to donate me. That's your choice.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 12:38:50 PM

I didn't say you should donate me. I said if you liked it you can donate, that's it. Let's say you made $1,000,000 with this strategy, you don't have to donate me. That's your choice.

Have you ever traded in stock markets yourself?

Sunwew (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 12:43:44 PM

Did you ever trade in stock markets?
I told you I don't even have enough money to invest, that's why I need a donate but I looked at stock market and it works. Yes, it doesn't work for every stock but it works mostly and you shouldn't use Darvas box only. You should use it with fundamental analysis.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2016, 12:50:42 PM

I told you I don't even have enough money to invest, that's why I need a donate but I looked at stock market and it works. Yes, it doesn't work for every stock but it works mostly and you shouldn't use Darvas box only. You should use it with fundamental analysis

You will be greatly surprised to learn how many allegedly working strategies don't actually work in practice when and if you start trading (if that is your goal of course)...

In any case, more power to you

Sunwew (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 02:03:11 PM

I told you I don't even have enough money to invest, that's why I need a donate but I looked at stock market and it works. Yes, it doesn't work for every stock but it works mostly and you shouldn't use Darvas box only. You should use it with fundamental analysis

You will be greatly surprised to learn how many allegedly working strategies don't actually work in practice when and if you start trading (if that is your goal of course)...

In any case, more power to you
Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: