Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:59:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if POKEMON GO let people earn Bitcoin?  (Read 15538 times)
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 01:44:54 PM

What if POKEMON GO let people sell the pokemons they caught for fraction of Bitcoins?

Imagine this:

(user loyalty reward program)
A person caught a Pokemon and sell them for 0.0003526 BTC

People who collects Pokemon can buy or sell them on the online marketplace.
People from all over the world would have exotic rare pokemons for sell on the marketplace.

Original Post:
https://steemit.com/pokemon/@cryptocurrency1/what-if-pokemon-go-let-people-sell-the-pokemons-they-caught-for-fraction-of-bitcoins

----------------------------------
I'm sure other augmented reality video games companies are jumping on board to develop 'earn while you play' video game loyalty reward system.

inb4 a news will be posted about how controversial that is and there will be adults who managed to phishing kids and sold their pokemons and transfer the bitcoin into his address.

I don't think a social game like Pokemon go need to have Bitcoin integrated, it doesn't go very well and can lead to many disaster.
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 01:58:39 PM

What if POKEMON GO let people sell the pokemons they caught for fraction of Bitcoins?

Imagine this:

People from all over the world would have exotic rare pokemons for sell on the marketplace.

Original Post:
https://steemit.com/pokemon/@cryptocurrency1/what-if-pokemon-go-let-people-sell-the-pokemons-they-caught-for-fraction-of-bitcoins

I'm sure other augmented reality video games companies are jumping on board to develop 'earn while you play' video game loyalty reward system.

inb4 a news will be posted about how controversial that is and there will be adults who managed to phishing kids and sold their pokemons and transfer the bitcoin into his address.

I don't think a social game like Pokemon go need to have Bitcoin integrated, it doesn't go very well and can lead to many disaster.

even if there is no bitcoin involved as long as there are selling and trading going on or anything that has to do with money inside these games, some kind of scam is bound to happen and there is no avoiding that so your argument has no traction here.

--looking for signature--
robiulawal

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:31:27 PM

Still pokemon go is not available in our country..
don't know when it will come.
but I think if once it is done than it will more popular.
They got the No.1 position when they launched the game
,So there is no need for them to offer us btc for playing.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 02:36:23 PM

Imagine this:

Original Post:

even if there is no bitcoin involved as long as there are selling and trading going on or anything that has to do with money inside these games, some kind of scam is bound to happen and there is no avoiding that so your argument has no traction here.

Probably, depends on the developer of that game and nintendo is backing up pokemon GO.

But implementing any kind of money trading or buying/selling in pokemon go, specially buying and selling pokemon would ruin the core of the game, where the main and the most important aspect of the game is going out and catching pokemon, and the game them would become pure pay to win game.

Here's why, let's say that they implement bitcoin option for buying and selling pokemon, and someone who already has the greater amount of btc stored can use that btc to buy lots of pokemon and improve the gym to the point that it's unable to be taken over by anyone else. Also, I'll take myself as an example, if I were to start playing pokenon go, I could buy a few cheapest pokemon, level them up and sell then for a little more and repeat that untill I can buy a little stronger ones and by just buying cheap and reselling for a higher price, the core, the main aspect the game is advertised as is ruined.

I don't think that any pokemon buying/selling with fiat or btc will be implemented or should be implemented, aince it woild only ruin the base of the game.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
dotajhay

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 04:37:48 AM

Honestly i dont play and i dont like pokemon go  but if that can give me free bitcoin i will give it a try
but i dont think will always use it to get free bitcoin that game is requires that we go nowhere and sometimes will endanger us
but if it will happen it will be good news for pokemon go lovers and bitcoiners
Me too, i don't like playing pokemon go because it is so boring just repeating and repeating what you doin just catching a pokemon and go to gym ang walk around but if they will put bitcoins in this game i will surely many people would play this game.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 05:31:07 AM

The Pokemon Go hype is over and it's still not available in your country? I bet the game will never be available in your country. People have expected a lot from Pokemon Go and there aren't even new updates about the game. You still can't fight each other, and there's still no in-game-currency. I guess the project will just die by its own. People have collected as much Pokemons before, traveled different places to get Pokemons. Maybe they realized that all those efforts are just for nothing.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 06:04:52 AM

The Pokemon Go hype is over and it's still not available in your country? I bet the game will never be available in your country. People have expected a lot from Pokemon Go and there aren't even new updates about the game. You still can't fight each other, and there's still no in-game-currency. I guess the project will just die by its own. People have collected as much Pokemons before, traveled different places to get Pokemons. Maybe they realized that all those efforts are just for nothing.

Well the only chance left for pokemon go to return on the trend is to link it with bitcoins. If the management will do nothing then the game will soon be  left behind by other games and be forgotten. But theres a big chance for pokemon go to get high again if they connect it with bitcoin. Bitcoin users will love the game since they will earn bitcoins while playing the game.
Fatanut
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 12:36:24 PM

Well the only chance left for pokemon go to return on the trend is to link it with bitcoins. If the management will do nothing then the game will soon be  left behind by other games and be forgotten. But theres a big chance for pokemon go to get high again if they connect it with bitcoin. Bitcoin users will love the game since they will earn bitcoins while playing the game.
It depends. In the first place, what would be the use of bitcoins in Pokemon Go? To buy and sell Pokemons? I don't think so. People have already caught most Pokemons using a bot.

The next question is, how much bitcoins would there be? If the amount is the same as faucet sites, then the owners and devs of Pokemon Go are just embarrassing themselves. Other people would think that they only linked bitcoins to the game in hopes of reviving their game and nothing else. It's a desperate move in the eyes of most. It would be hyped up again at the first days of the update, but people will leave it again quickly since they can't earn anything at all.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

jonahmarieaton101

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:15:09 PM

What if pokemon go let people earn bitcoin? Then it is a really good idea, if this is the other way to earn bitcoin, then no doubt i will play pokemon go everyday. Even im not a game lover, then thats the time maybe that i will play some games. If a person caught a pokemon then it is worth of 1BTC haha then i probably sell it and collect more pokemons to have more bitcoins.  Grin
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 02:58:14 PM

What if pokemon go let people earn bitcoin? Then it is a really good idea, if this is the other way to earn bitcoin, then no doubt i will play pokemon go everyday. Even im not a game lover, then thats the time maybe that i will play some games. If a person caught a pokemon then it is worth of 1BTC haha then i probably sell it and collect more pokemons to have more bitcoins.  Grin
Well that's all we want, that 'IF'. But as of now pokemon died early as no one expect. It's really quick that this popular game this year had vanish already in a short period of time. And I guess pokemon developers will never make this game for making money specially for bitcoins because they aim only for fun and entertainments of everyone not for serious matter.
Fatanut
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2016, 03:35:59 PM

What if pokemon go let people earn bitcoin? Then it is a really good idea, if this is the other way to earn bitcoin, then no doubt i will play pokemon go everyday. Even im not a game lover, then thats the time maybe that i will play some games. If a person caught a pokemon then it is worth of 1BTC haha then i probably sell it and collect more pokemons to have more bitcoins.  Grin

Hmm. You can't say that you're going to play Pokemon Go everyday for sure. That's the very same thing people said even before Pokemon Go was launched. After a week or so of playing, they all got bored of it. You don't know how much bitcoins can you earn from Pokemon Go (assuming that they implement the bitcoin idea). You might be dissatisfied by how low it is and not even bother to install Pokemon Go.

People have already caught the rare Pokemons so I don't think there would be a Pokemon worth 1BTC since the supply is huge. Pokemon Go developers would have to wipe the saved accounts on their game and start over, make it harder to find rare Pokemons, ban all bot users, and implement something new to the game (i.e. P2P battle).

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

dotajhay

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 11:37:52 PM

Well that's all we want, that 'IF'. But as of now pokemon died early as no one expect. It's really quick that this popular game this year had vanish already in a short period of time. And I guess pokemon developers will never make this game for making money specially for bitcoins because they aim only for fun and entertainments of everyone not for serious matter.

Its now POKEMON GONE. I guess they need to have some promotion and give some giveaways to their players. But still I know some of my friends are die hard fans and still play this game, very funny. And if devs will allow people to earn bitcoin for playing it, this is going to make the game alive again  but it needs to be funded with big amount for this program.
Even they will give any giveaways in their players still no one will ever to play it addicting because it's so boring but if they will add the features it have chance to others players to play it or they need to put cool features like bitcoins and PVP battle not only the gym battle.

drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:07:05 AM

Maybe we should think about considering this idea again. Pokemon GO got popular so fast and lost its hype quickly as well.
I don't know maybe they lacked of updates after the last release.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 03:11:57 AM

Maybe we should think about considering this idea again. Pokemon GO got popular so fast and lost its hype quickly as well.
I don't know maybe they lacked of updates after the last release.
They lacked updates, the game was broken for weeks after it was released, and it was shallow with unending grinding to the highest level as it's goal. Coupled with a leveling system that shafts players if they don't spend money after the first 30 levels, it massively lacks end-game content and the activity you perform is worthless once you close in on level 20.

Letting users earn Bitcoin from a game is unfeasible for a business decision, and is another topic of discussion born from people who don't understand the economics of it. F2P users would slowly drain everything, which is essentially everyone thinking this is a good idea, and it ruins the company.
kalpit

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 05:38:51 AM

Yes surely it would increase number of players of Pokemon go.

But it would be very easy to earn Bitcoins by hacking the game then. With mock location people may try to get free Bitcoins. But it is difficult to locate rare  Pokemons , so this idea may work for rare animals.

No one is gonna pay for common Pokemons such as Pikachu. Rare Pokemons could have a market.

You can pass this idea to Pokemon go developers. If it is implemented, we will see a Pokemon Exchange soon.  Grin
canah17

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:05:10 AM

Imagine this:

Original Post:

Well that is one bright idea to accept but still its easy to catch the rare Pokemon and sell it to the trainers but instead i would like to request to the creator the if a trainer have Pokeballs he would buy some with bitcoin as 0.000100 or above and that would be a investment to the Pokemon go creator and have the money to update a new Pokemon go like new legendary Pokemon fight with real trainer and take bitcoin if they lose and bitcoin will be as rich and popular in the real world with Pokemon their side they would be the greatest cyber money in the world but still it hasn't been deal with it yet but i wish that would happened i have play already the pokemon go but its too easy for me Cheesy
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 11:08:44 AM

Unless that giveaway is real money as bitcoin then for sure it can attract a lot of players. And yes their game is kinda boring already because of their game play. Just make it a real pokemon hunting on how the animated series go on, I don't know if devs are already working of it or else they are completely dumping their own creation.

It is just a hype when it was first release, after it some of my friends switch back to Clash of Clan Smiley

Yes, it the player can earn real money in bitcoin, it will take a hit in my opinion. Also, I read  somewhere that mine craft also already implemented it that you can earn while playing but I can not confirm it.

Open for Campaigns
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:59:13 PM

Unless that giveaway is real money as bitcoin then for sure it can attract a lot of players. And yes their game is kinda boring already because of their game play. Just make it a real pokemon hunting on how the animated series go on, I don't know if devs are already working of it or else they are completely dumping their own creation.

It is just a hype when it was first release, after it some of my friends switch back to Clash of Clan Smiley

Yes, it the player can earn real money in bitcoin, it will take a hit in my opinion. Also, I read  somewhere that mine craft also already implemented it that you can earn while playing but I can not confirm it.

People are going back to clash of clans and minecraft because it's winter and the kids want to stay inside playing videogames since the weather is bad to be around running with your phone, but when the good weather comes back in a couple of months we will see the pokemon go hype go up again and people will start catching some too, specially because I predict nintendo will release new pokemons in summer.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 02:11:17 PM

People are going back to clash of clans and minecraft because it's winter and the kids want to stay inside playing videogames since the weather is bad to be around running with your phone, but when the good weather comes back in a couple of months we will see the pokemon go hype go up again and people will start catching some too, specially because I predict nintendo will release new pokemons in summer.

As mentioned people gets interested to particular game for certain time period. Likewise right now its time for clash of clans. Even now people can be made to focus towards Pokémon go, which is possible only through real time payments and promoting through different sources which attracts all age groups and not a particular group of people.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
HEWRA

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:01:43 PM

uhm...
i think nobody would pay people for getting pokemons in bitcoins.
However making some new alt correlated with "pokemon GO" would be a nice idea tho!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: