Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:03:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: S7 - Hardware & Software problem solving section!  (Read 2325 times)
anakinisme (OP)

Activity: 589
Merit: 500

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 08:08:39 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 09:08:32 PM by anakinisme

Hi all,

If you have any problem with your S7 miners, please question me and i will try my best to solve it for you.

- Hardware & Software problem solvingSmiley

Do not hesitate to ask for help on above matter, i'm happy to answer your question and provide help if needed;)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thameur

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 06:41:05 PM

Hi  Undecided

sorry for my bad english
i have antminer s7 v1.38, normal function
the fune slow speed, and the hashing rate down to 1.5 T
the hash card does not work
one of three worked normally, other no red led
I upgrade the firmware
but no chance, two other hash carte, no function
anakinisme (OP)

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 10:35:42 AM

Hi  Undecided

sorry for my bad english
I upgrade the firmware

Try running it with another psu. If problem consist, test your board 1 by 1. If the fan is facing you, board 1 will be on the right follow by board 2 and left is board 3. Unplug all signal cables except board 1 and test it out, test each board by using board 1 signal cable. For those did not hash, is time sending it back to bitmain for repair. Tempreture is important to run a miner, frequent cleaning on dust is important.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 09, 2016, 12:53:32 AM

Hi  Undecided

sorry for my bad english
I upgrade the firmware

Guessing it's a failed hashboards that's causing causing a lower hashrate; in this case you'll need another board; don't do it yet, though. Firmware updates rarely fix anything, and most of Bitmain's updates are pointless. Is this miner used or new? Did you buy it secondhand? Are the temperatures normal on the miner? I'd suggest posting a screenshot of the monitoring page if you could do so.

If the boards are indeed broken, you can usually purchase boards for 100 USD each on ebay; personally I'd just keep the one hashboard and try to sell it for a bit of cash, but S7s still run pretty well if you're okay with a lower hashrate.
charger100

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 04:36:47 PM

Hello!

So, here is my problem: recently I started noticing, that once or twice a day my s7 goes offline for no reason. My internet connection is absolutely fine, and the miner keeps working in the void without submitting any share anywhere. I have to unplug and plug him again, so that he connects to network again.

Could you help me please, how to fix this?
anakinisme (OP)

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2016, 07:12:55 AM

Hello!

So, here is my problem: recently I started noticing, that once or twice a day my s7 goes offline for no reason. My internet connection is absolutely fine, and the miner keeps working in the void without submitting any share anywhere. I have to unplug and plug him again, so that he connects to network again.

Could you help me please, how to fix this?

Hi,

Test your network cable with device, take a photo and show me if u have the same problem. Most of the time is pool network failure.
BigFun

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 03:25:44 AM

Hi, my s7's are running the Fri Dec 11 11:30:31 CST 2015 firmware.  Do you have any idea what has changed between then and the current firmware release?  Bitmain should be whipped with a wet cane for not posting any changelogs.  Thanks in advance.
anakinisme (OP)

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2016, 03:28:40 AM

Hi, my s7's are running the Fri Dec 11 11:30:31 CST 2015 firmware.  Do you have any idea what has changed between then and the current firmware release?  Bitmain should be whipped with a wet cane for not posting any changelogs.  Thanks in advance.

Not very sure but if I were u, use the current existing firmware and only do update if you realise there is a problem. Sometimes new firmware might not be compatible with old hardware.
BigFun

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 03:45:47 AM

Not very sure but if I were u, use the current existing firmware and only do update if you realise there is a problem. Sometimes new firmware might not be compatible with old hardware.

I tend to agree with you but without a changelog it's impossible to know if there are bugfixes/performance updates in newer firmware.  Very frustrating...

Thanks for your reply
anakinisme (OP)

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2016, 03:57:31 AM

I tend to agree with you but without a changelog it's impossible to know if there are bugfixes/performance updates in newer firmware.  Very frustrating...

Thanks for your reply

Just leave him alone ×D
awesomenatorrad123

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:59:09 AM

Hey guys, I am new here and to bitcoin mining in general. I live in North America and have two Antminer S7s connected to two EVGA 1600W PSU individually. I used the EVGA PSU tester to make sure the PSU is not defective and the PSU kicked on. I then hooked the two Antminers to the PSUs and nothing kicked on. There were no lights on the antminer S7s and the EVGA PSU did not kick on. Is there a voltage issue here? And if there is a issue here, how can I fix it?
anakinisme (OP)

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 06:32:57 AM

Hey guys, I am new here and to bitcoin mining in general. I live in North America and have two Antminer S7s connected to two EVGA 1600W PSU individually. I used the EVGA PSU tester to make sure the PSU is not defective and the PSU kicked on. I then hooked the two Antminers to the PSUs and nothing kicked on. There were no lights on the antminer S7s and the EVGA PSU did not kick on. Is there a voltage issue here? And if there is a issue here, how can I fix it?

High possibility 1 of the board is defective or faulty. Test the board 1 by 1 with the psu.
awesomenatorrad123

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:16:50 PM

So if I just power one of the three boards on, I assume that one of the three boards will light up. And if I do test each one, do I have to power on the onboard computer?
anakinisme (OP)

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 05:23:59 PM

So if I just power one of the three boards on, I assume that one of the three boards will light up. And if I do test each one, do I have to power on the onboard computer?

Once u have tested the board 1 by 1, remove the board that cannot power on and run with the balance board that can power on.
awesomenatorrad123

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:40:36 PM

I will do that but both my Antminer s7s do not light up so are you saying that they both have a defective board?
anakinisme (OP)

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 05:59:21 PM

I will do that but both my Antminer s7s do not light up so are you saying that they both have a defective board?

Bro, go try first before giving any conclusion. Try my method and get back to me;)
awesomenatorrad123

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:48:54 PM

I tried powering each and every board and nothing kicked on, not even the psu.
anakinisme (OP)

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 02:37:10 AM

I tried powering each and every board and nothing kicked on, not even the psu.

I suspect your psu is gone case. Get a new 1 to try..
awesomenatorrad123

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:00:36 AM

But the psu kicks on when I plug it with its psu tester.
anakinisme (OP)

Founder Of miningpuppets

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 08:08:54 AM

But the psu kicks on when I plug it with its psu tester.

Try to borrow a working psu to test run..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: