Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:38:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin developer offers a $10k bet to a LTC troll :)  (Read 6264 times)
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:29:11 AM

Interesting thread going on here  Smiley

I'll offer escrow between them if the bet is serious, BitRated account here top 4% trusted and vouched by Charlie https://www.bitrated.com/TheMage

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:45:17 AM

Satoshi Lite is a director(or something big at GDAX)

That one reason is enough, im sure it will get listed there

Lee is director of engineering at GDAX, but I don't think it can be considered as one of the main reasons for Litecoin to be listed there. I am 100% sure that he is not taking advantage with his position on the exchange!

Obviously, Coblee did not push it through since ETH was listed first. People have asked him to list LTC for years now on Coinbase. I think now that they mess with alt coins we will see LTC and likely others added. I doubt LTC will die, but it will remain stable/boring for years to come.

<some crazy rant snipped out>

PS:
I like the bet and can't wait to see if the guys pay up LOL

Except it is not used for anything besides speculation. The only point to alt coins is trading/speculating and that is it.

Naw i call bullshit !
The REAL adoption of LTC being used as intended is what got me started in Crypto in the first place.
It was used as a donation address for a LONG time on the infamous Torrent site "The Pirate Bay"
(along with a Bitcoin Address)
And that alone is far more than ANY Altcoin ever managed to accomplish !
I can't be the only one who seen that and went on a search to see what Litecoin was.

Over the years i think LTC has done more with Internet adoption etc than any Altcoin i ever heard of.

And kelsey is right.. he's a Troll of sorts i guess (although i hate that term)
Meaning he has posted back & forth pro LTC comments then anti-LTC comments lots.
Flip-flopping on it all along.. but i think his style is sort of obvious.. not so much decetful.
Hell i like the guy LOL
I noticed we share a lot of the same views around here.
As i do with Kelsey and the hilarious BitcoinEXpress Hahhahaha  Cheesy

Why am i here ?
You can blame Litecoin for that guys ROFL  Cool

I did not come for smart contract ICO scheme bullshit rigged for profit on centralized exchanges.
So.. what then ?
Currencies !

Does it work ?
Great ..now go use the damn thing.
Why keep tacking on more superficial gimmicks or hundreds or even thousands of more coins
when you can take the first 100 made and get them adopted by the public etc ?

This crap is tiring because you all fail at the point here.
Which is not legitimizing ICO schemes for profit that are not a currency.

Want to invest in Microsoft or Berni Madoff inc. ?
I get wanting to make a profit off it all but i'd hope the majority in control could be smart about it.
If it's not a currency and has no real shot at adoption then just what the hell are you all doing you think that is positive or constructive or useful ?

Creating a Pyramid Scheme system is not a healthy thing to be supporting.
I refuse to do it.
I would sooner cash out most of my BTC then light my FIAT on fire then give away my coins..
So i did !

So i have no Litecoins but i respect their currency project.
They deserve more respect than watching ETH get listed before them.. that is simply insulting.
That REALLY disgusts me big time !

Nuff said.

~BCX~

NUFF SAID !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 04:05:26 AM

Except it is not used for anything besides speculation. The only point to alt coins is trading/speculating and that is it.

i use litecoin as my core crypto and it can be used pretty much anywhere btc can be used, and is more reliable in my experience then btc hence why i converted to it.

I have never seen Bitcoin be unreliable. I do not think LTC will die, but I do not ever see it taking off either. I just have no use for it over Bitcoin since it has the same features and nothing extra to add.
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:06:23 AM

Lee is director of engineering at GDAX, but I don't think it can be considered as one of the main reasons for Litecoin to be listed there. I am 100% sure that he is not taking advantage with his position on the exchange!

Obviously, Coblee did not push it through since ETH was listed first. People have asked him to list LTC for years now on Coinbase. I think now that they mess with alt coins we will see LTC and likely others added. I doubt LTC will die, but it will remain stable/boring for years to come.

<some crazy rant snipped out>

PS:

Naw i call bullshit !
The REAL adoption of LTC being used as intended is what got me started in Crypto in the first place.
It was used as a donation address for a LONG time on the infamous Torrent site "The Pirate Bay"
(along with a Bitcoin Address)
And that alone is far more than ANY Altcoin ever managed to accomplish !
I can't be the only one who seen that and went on a search to see what Litecoin was.

Over the years i think LTC has done more with Internet adoption etc than any Altcoin i ever heard of.

And kelsey is right.. he's a Troll of sorts i guess (although i hate that term)
Meaning he has posted back & forth pro LTC comments then anti-LTC comments lots.
Flip-flopping on it all along.. but i think his style is sort of obvious.. not so much decetful.
Hell i like the guy LOL
I noticed we share a lot of the same views around here.
As i do with Kelsey and the hilarious BitcoinEXpress Hahhahaha  Cheesy

Why am i here ?
You can blame Litecoin for that guys ROFL  Cool

I did not come for smart contract ICO scheme bullshit rigged for profit on centralized exchanges.
So.. what then ?
Currencies !

Does it work ?
Great ..now go use the damn thing.
Why keep tacking on more superficial gimmicks or hundreds or even thousands of more coins
when you can take the first 100 made and get them adopted by the public etc ?

This crap is tiring because you all fail at the point here.
Which is not legitimizing ICO schemes for profit that are not a currency.

Want to invest in Microsoft or Berni Madoff inc. ?
I get wanting to make a profit off it all but i'd hope the majority in control could be smart about it.
If it's not a currency and has no real shot at adoption then just what the hell are you all doing you think that is positive or constructive or useful ?

Creating a Pyramid Scheme system is not a healthy thing to be supporting.
I refuse to do it.
I would sooner cash out most of my BTC then light my FIAT on fire then give away my coins..
So i did !

So i have no Litecoins but i respect their currency project.
They deserve more respect than watching ETH get listed before them.. that is simply insulting.
That REALLY disgusts me big time !

NUFF SAID !

Don't worry, we plan on hard forking Litecoin in a month and only giving the community 2 weeks to prepare for it due to a theft from an incorporation of smart contracts that we plan to launch for Litecoin. During the coding process, we will have every dev on the team plant bugs in the code and someone will notify us a few weeks in advanced of those bugs and the devs pretend to fix them (which will subsequently lead to the hack).

Once the hack happens, we plan to hack them back and take the coins! In parallel someone will relaunch the old chain because they wont approve of our actions, get it listed on some exchanges, and we are going to dump those hack-backed coins both for profit and to try to kill the old chains price. Ohh I forgot, all the devs coins are essentially doubling now so we get rich in the process (dont forget the 20 separate opportunities to both short and long both chains in the process).

But hey who cares, its going to create market volatility and whats what people really care about right?! Right? Right.....

Roll Eyes

PS Who wants to buy a quantum computer?

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4927

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:22:04 AM

Don't worry, we plan on hard forking Litecoin in a month and only giving the community 2 weeks to prepare for it due to a theft from an incorporation of smart contracts that we plan to launch for Litecoin. During the coding process, we will have every dev on the team plant bugs in the code and someone will notify us a few weeks in advanced of those bugs and the devs pretend to fix them (which will subsequently lead to the hack).

Once the hack happens, we plan to hack them back and take the coins! In parallel someone will relaunch the old chain because they wont approve of our actions, get it listed on some exchanges, and we are going to dump those hack-backed coins both for profit and to try to kill the old chains price. Ohh I forgot, all the devs coins are essentially doubling now so we get rich in the process (dont forget the 20 separate opportunities to both short and long both chains in the process).

But hey who cares, its going to create market volatility and whats what people really care about right?! Right? Right.....

Roll Eyes

PS Who wants to buy a quantum computer?

Nice synopsis, don't forget to fud the old chain supporters with the scary badman that will touch the chain in the wrong place at the wrong time . Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 11:02:14 AM

Can you please send me the $10k in BTC in advance? Why wait for confirmation when I already gave you the prophecy?

You accepted the bet and now is the time to act, instead keep posting more yada yada.

Spartak maybe we should have a deadline until when betting and duration is allowed.

I think that TheMage is currently the most suitable to be the escrow of the bet. I also think that TheMage should provide a BTC address to where losh11 (as he is the one who proposed the bet) should send the funds first. After that, bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc should have 5 days (I think its a fair deadline?) until he send the exact amount to the escrow. Sounds good?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 11:05:23 AM

The personification of Crypto right there !
Sad but so fucking true !

I have heard soooo many little moron dipshit profiteers bitch about coins being "boring"
It's a CURRENCY you dumb ass dipshits not a fucking Pyramid Scheme with Gimmicks for attention  Roll Eyes

When you open your wallet and a dollar bill is peeking out at you..
Do you all here the Windows 98 start up sound trumpeting away ?
Do you see bright police lights flashing ?

You brain dead kidiot profiteer brats are sadly in charge of Crypto.
And all you cancerous to crypto twats want is "Jingling Daddy's Key's" Coin !

Look LOOK looook look at it Blink & Flash !!!11ONE
What is it ? tell me.. tell me !!!!11!
Why it's a smart contract ICO DAPPS Ponzi Fuel token Pyramid "Coin" worth $20 bucks each !

Oh HOLY shit bro like... TAKE MY MONEY NOW !!!!!!!!!!

Then an hour later.. whaaah waaaaahh baby needs nap !
Then gets bored of "Toy" and dumps for new shiny toy !

"Tardlet Tokens" are funny LOL

I have a million times more respect for LTC than 99.99% of all the other scam coins.
Never cave in to demands from snot nose brats looking for profits.
They are useless morons who should not even be here and contribute NOTHING to legit projects.
The only people who want profiteers loitering around are scam coin makers.
Legit teams want these scummy bastards out of here !

And how can i have a shred of respect for an exchange that would add Ethereum and NOT Litecoin ?
What a fucking joke !

PS:

Hey, I make 2330 usd after electric mining LTC a month ....keeping the network up for those 'enlightened speculators' (whatever floats your boat ..I'm happy) Smiley

So your point is? I mean it is not like BTC is not mostly speculation if you consider most folk are holding imho at this point in time.

(hmmm ..I'm probably biased...but still happy) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 11:06:44 AM

Ooops, we have another outcome:

Deal. Won't be added in even 120 days  Cheesy

120 days it is then.
This deal is both ways, right? So if it does get added to GDAX within 120 days from today, then you owe me $10K in BTC?

bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc, sometimes its better when you just not talk too much. Let us see if you will honour the bet (though I highly doubt it).

gfwdown

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 11:19:35 AM

Haha, it will be lised within 60 days, and Cob Lee will share 10k usd with that guy. It is called insta add ltc. 
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 11:26:47 AM

Haha, it will be lised within 60 days, and Cob Lee will share 10k usd with that guy. It is called insta add ltc. 

If you really think that this is the case, then its fair to say that your IQ is equal to a room temperature.

gfwdown

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 11:29:23 AM

If you really think that this is the case, then its fair to say that your IQ is equal to a room temperature.

LOL, why? Actually I am not a LTC lover, I hope ltc fudder will win. I just said this for your claim "Lee is director of engineering at GDAX"
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 11:38:30 AM

I'm not an LTC lover either (well, I was, until my investor screwed me and I currently own 0 litecoins), but I am so called "supporter of the cryptocurrencies". Litecoin is a valid project and deserves the respect of the people. I believe that Charlie Lee has nothing to do with the LTC listing on GDAX. Maybe he has some advantage (which is normal), because they are colleagues, but I repeat - that won't be the main reason if GDAX decides to list it.

shyliar

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:18:17 PM

I'm not an LTC lover either (well, I was, until my investor screwed me and I currently own 0 litecoins), but I am so called "supporter of the cryptocurrencies". Litecoin is a valid project and deserves the respect of the people. I believe that Charlie Lee has nothing to do with the LTC listing on GDAX. Maybe he has some advantage (which is normal), because they are colleagues, but I repeat - that won't be the main reason if GDAX decides to list it.

I agree. If Charlie had any influence over that it would have been listed years ago. The driving forces are the CEO of Coinbase not getting his way with the bitcoin community and competition from other exchanges.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:10:50 PM

i use litecoin as my core crypto and it can be used pretty much anywhere btc can be used, and is more reliable in my experience then btc hence why i converted to it.

Same here. On exchanges, there tends to be more liquidity on LTC pairs, ESP during crisis. When wallets stick at exchanges, LTC has saved many a trader from being trapped.
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:55:44 PM

Deal. Won't be added in even 120 days  Cheesy

120 days it is then.

This deal is both ways, right? So if it does get added to GDAX within 120 days from today, then you owe me $10K in BTC?

Technically, until bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc agrees to the above, it's not really a bet.  Losh11's initial offer was just that, an offer.

I'd be willing to send you $10K in BTC if Litecoin isn't added to GDAX in the next 60 days.
Deal?

^^ Sounds like a one-way "bet" to me.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
mczarnek

Activity: 527
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:02:29 PM

So this Litecoin developer could afford to pay up to $10,000 to GDAX if they list the coin, which also gets GDAX extra volume, and helps LTC and have the troll foot the bill?

Genius!!

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:25:24 PM

is this serious? or are you just trying to gain some attention for LTC?

i like topics like this. and i hope it stays like that.
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 09:53:23 PM

I'm willing to bet $20 that the troll won't even put up a $1,000 into an escrow account against Losh...
AND that my friends is how our derivative banking system works and why we need Bitcoin for when this all falls apart.

Well, the bet wasn't symmetric in the first place, was it? There is no "if it's added…"-clause, as far as I can see.

Indeed, it was not necessary for me to make a counter offer.

So, this is basically the bet:

If it isn't added within 60 days (57 or 58 now), I will get $10k worth of BTC.

If it is added within 60 days (57 or 58 now), however, I don't have to give anything! Only a FOOL would say no to such a bet!

So the only person who needs to put $10k into escrow, is that troll...

This was the original bet don't say it wasn't BECAUSE THAT'S EXACLTY WHAT IT WAS.
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 09:55:28 PM

Deal. Won't be added in even 120 days  Cheesy

120 days it is then.

Technically, until bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc agrees to the above, it's not really a bet.  Losh11's initial offer was just that, an offer.

I'd be willing to send you $10K in BTC if Litecoin isn't added to GDAX in the next 60 days.
Deal?

^^ Sounds like a one-way "bet" to me.

Yeah, that is what I agreed on.

If it isn't added within 60 days, I get $10k worth of BTC. I didn't agree to any counter offer.. But I am sure the LTC TROLL will now run away from this bet...

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 11:28:16 PM

@bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc
Sounds about right to me..
If he stated a bet and there was no stipulation you had to match it..
..then pay up if you lose LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: