Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:49:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lottery project - say what you think  (Read 1764 times)
Palodar

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:41:42 PM

From my point of view this kind of lottery has no charm for people, where only one person get the whole prize pool in the end of the week, we have more better ideas and lottery games already, so that I don't think this idea will get attention from people.

True. Unless they have sexy girls stripping while drawing the lucky number. I think that will caught the attention of viewer especially the perverted gambler type one. Hahaha. And i recently browse on digital goods section and there are many users that selling pervert staff and many is interested. I think will be the first player in the lottery. Hahaha

▬▬[  AssetStream.co  ] ▬▬ [ The Global Decentralized Peer To Peer Microfinance Platform] ▬
▌ Replacing Intermediaries With Blockchain Technology▐
▬▬  PUBLIC PRE SALE  - MAY 27th | Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Medium | ANN Thread | Facebook ▬▬
skysblu

Activity: 219
Merit: 205

_Bitcoin Africa_

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 03:46:53 PM

Hi. I don't know how do it with security and trust. Lets discuss about.
I have a ideia of a lottery project in which people bet 0.0015 to a scrow address, and weekly a lottery for choose a random winner from the donators and send 90% of lottery address balance.
Every week with a new address and a history. Too I'm planning a site for it and wanting know how do Bitmessages+PGP signs.
For this week my planned address will be 1LUCKpajTjE8d2HPDx7Z5awQ59PGKpCaxV
What you think about?
Lets discuss.

i think that is is a pretty good idea for everyone, 10% edge is not that big, and idea is very simple. just what's the proof that you won't scam us and decide who will be winner?
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 04:02:33 PM

I don't think there are many people who still trust any lottery sites and actually there are many bitcoin related lottery sites claiming they have provabily fair system of drawing wining tickets but many doubt in that. If you like to start such lottery site than you have to automate all the drawing ticket, keeping good record and transparency of the draws as well as all record of all deposits. It may require very good coding knowledge as well as you may have to spend many bucks in promoting in early days.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 04:08:38 PM

lottery games have never been successful around here because of a couple of big reasons (this is my opinion only):
1) the trust: obvious reason
2) the amount you can win
3) the chance of winning that amount.

explaining 2&3) when you buy a lottery ticket in real life you have the chance of winning a very big amount of money, and that is enough to motivate a lot of people to buy the ticket for a cheap price. but when your chance of winning a tiny amount of jackpot is small it is lose/lose situation for you.

--looking for signature--
newcripto

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 07:01:38 PM

I will say to review and better come out with some solid and more interesting thing. My thought are not different than other people who already have shared their opinions. Lottery sites are not going to work anymore better save your energy and money. As player I will not touch this type of lottery scheme because of already mentioned points by other users.
Mesquito (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

I'm creative and work how you need for ETH and BTC

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:01:44 AM

Please only bump your thread once every 24 hours. You can edit the previous post or the op with any additional info. Thanks.

Also, you're likely wasting your time with lotteries as they're usually very unsuccessful even with more veteran users.

I can start it and watch how people think about.
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:15:35 AM

I have a ideia of a lottery project in which people bet 0.0015 to a scrow address, and weekly a lottery for choose a random winner from the donators and send 90% of lottery address balance.
Every week with a new address and a history. Too I'm planning a site for it and wanting know how do Bitmessages+PGP signs.
What you think about?
Lets discuss.

what would you guys think regarding a 'pot luck' btc mining pool, that waits until it has accrued 1-2btc (up for discussion), upon correct balance it then hires an appropriate amount of hashrate (8-12ph) and starts mining for a bitcoin block?
entirely possible and not even that difficult.
if a block is procured, the winnings can be split amongst those who contributed to renting the hashpower in the first place.

i still see solo.ckpool.org finding blocks with between 1-3ph a day; would be a neat project and i've already a bitcoind/stratum instance running.

my father wears sneakers in the pool
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:16:21 AM

What you think about?
Lets discuss.

i wish you good luck but in the past, the lotteries never get any attentions here. i used to like playing the lottery but ever since i came to bitcointalk and seeing how poorly they are handled i gave up on the idea.

there are a couple of problems with your post and the lottery you are suggesting:
1) instead of posting your own BTC address you should have first talked with a trusted escrow and in case someone accepted used his BTC address and asked him to sign a message and post it here for you.
2) you have not said an i think you have no idea about picking the winner provably fair. and that is why your idea will fail to attract any attention.
3) and i still think even 10% for the house that really doesn't do anything is a bit high.

1) I offer design services with Mesquito account in this forum, I valorize my reputation here;
2) I'll pick the winner in a live stream showing papers with numbers. If 20 donations, I'll pick two papers. If the result is 8, the address of the 8th transaction will win.
3) ?
4) Is the perfect number.
barrysty1e

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:20:37 AM

what would you guys think regarding a 'pot luck' btc mining pool, that waits until it has accrued 1-2btc (up for discussion), upon correct balance it then hires an appropriate amount of hashrate (8-12ph) and starts mining for a bitcoin block?
if a block is procured, the winnings can be split amongst those who contributed to renting the hashpower in the first place.

i still see solo.ckpool.org finding blocks with between 1-3ph a day; would be a neat project and i've already a bitcoind/stratum instance running.

Whats Lottery and Mining Pools matters? You're posted here only to show this link?

if you re-read my post, i've explained myself pretty clearly.

what link are you talking about? my sig? not even related.

barrysty1e

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:25:24 AM

Whats Lottery and Mining Pools matters? You're posted here only to show this link?

if you re-read my post, i've explained myself pretty clearly.

what link are you talking about? my sig? not even related.

As I see, not even you read your own post, there is clearly the link "solo.ckpool.org"

yes, i was using it as an example to show that rented hashpower can still find blocks of bitcoin; which bolsters punter's confidence in 8-12ph being more capable of finding a block. this isnt my pool, nor is it an advertisement for it  Huh

Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:26:29 AM

From my point of view this kind of lottery has no charm for people, where only one person get the whole prize pool in the end of the week, we have more better ideas and lottery games already, so that I don't think this idea will get attention from people.

True. Unless they have sexy girls stripping while drawing the lucky number. I think that will caught the attention of viewer especially the perverted gambler type one. Hahaha. And i recently browse on digital goods section and there are many users that selling pervert staff and many is interested. I think will be the first player in the lottery. Hahaha

I'll put myself as a humouristic character presenting the live draw.
If you bet between 8 players, the chances to win and multiply the donation isn't low. I'm thinking how make it attractive.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:28:12 AM

What you think about?
Lets discuss.

i think that is is a pretty good idea for everyone, 10% edge is not that big, and idea is very simple. just what's the proof that you won't scam us and decide who will be winner?

Read in http://lottery.plasmmer.com
I'll pick the winner in live streamming and the winner will post in my topic in BitcoinTalk Forum.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:30:00 AM

I don't think there are many people who still trust any lottery sites and actually there are many bitcoin related lottery sites claiming they have provabily fair system of drawing wining tickets but many doubt in that. If you like to start such lottery site than you have to automate all the drawing ticket, keeping good record and transparency of the draws as well as all record of all deposits. It may require very good coding knowledge as well as you may have to spend many bucks in promoting in early days.

A live draw in streamming for a Bitcoin address for public is more fair than a automatic system in a faucet.
Please read more in http://lottery.plasmmer.com
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:33:16 AM

lottery games have never been successful around here because of a couple of big reasons (this is my opinion only):

explaining 2&3) when you buy a lottery ticket in real life you have the chance of winning a very big amount of money, and that is enough to motivate a lot of people to buy the ticket for a cheap price. but when your chance of winning a tiny amount of jackpot is small it is lose/lose situation for you.

1) I give details about the fair in the site.
2) The amount depends in players. More players = less chance, higher prize. Less players = More chance, lower prize. Lower prize will be the double of Bitcoins bet.
3) Idem.
4) Perfect number.
csnorthchina

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:34:43 AM

sorry to say that but after look at your web...

Address of Week [08/18/16 - 08-21-16]

even the format are difference to represent the date (dd/mm/yyyy & dd-mm-yyyy)

I can't say it is wrong however for a good site, this kind of format mistake is not really acceptable (unless u mean to do it but I don't really think so)
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:36:57 AM

sorry to say that but after look at your web...

Address of Week [08/18/16 - 08-21-16]

even the format are difference to represent the date (dd/mm/yyyy & dd-mm-yyyy)

I can't say it is wrong however for a good site, this kind of format mistake is not really acceptable (unless u mean to do it but I don't really think so)

Too, I've wrote "scrow" instead of "escrow". I'll fix all this errors, thanks.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:41:39 AM

Update the date format error and changed "scrow" to "escrow" in text.
Mesquito (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 05:48:42 AM

I will don't more reply in this topic. Get updated here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1589144.new#new
BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 02:29:17 PM

1) I give details about the fair in the site.
2) The amount depends in players. More players = less chance, higher prize. Less players = More chance, lower prize. Lower prize will be the double of Bitcoins bet.
3) Idem.
4) Perfect number.

you design is so bad, i suggest you rethink that ASAP, or nobody will ever trust your site enough. also if you want to earn money you have to spend some money in the first stages always. so try and spend some money and buy a decent domain with a hosting plan instead of using a free hosting like what you have done here.

I will don't more reply in this topic. Get updated here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1589144.new#new

there is a button on the lower left side for you to lock the topic if you don't want it anymore.

--looking for signature--
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 02:35:52 PM

I think it's something less interesting and there are no goalkeepers in your plan. Because everyone in this forum already lazy face scams that impersonate sweepstakes, etc. So better looking the other way as making gambling sites or other
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: