Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:24:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cex.io a legit exchange service?  (Read 9329 times)
jotan. (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 10:54:27 PM

Greetings,

I couldn't find a proper place to post this thread anywhere, have my apologies if it's misplaced.

Anyways, I have 0.7 BTC and looking to sell it and have the funds transferred to my VISA card.

The website which seems easiest to use is cex.io, though the TrustPilot ratings are really horrible. Can someone please share any experience with CEX.IO and whether I should use them for the BTC cashout.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 10:59:35 PM

Greetings,

I couldn't find a proper place to post this thread anywhere, have my apologies if it's misplaced.

Anyways, I have 0.7 BTC and looking to sell it and have the funds transferred to my VISA card.

The website which seems easiest to use is cex.io, though the TrustPilot ratings are really horrible. Can someone please share any experience with CEX.IO and whether I should use them for the BTC cashout.

Thanks

I think that they are legit, I found some reviews about cex.io
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinBeginners/comments/2t9o5m/is_buying_bitcoins_from_cexio_safe_any_reviews/ (1 year ago)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1279364.0 (8 months ago)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1318670.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=318010.0 (Official Thread)
wintermeasures

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:48:08 AM

Greetings,

Thanks
yes Bro It is Legit and You Can Trade Here Without Any Risks Because My Friend Personally Used the Service Of Cex.io and He Really Liked It....
densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:59:21 AM

Greetings,

Thanks
In my experience cex.io is legit and can be trusted, and there are many review from another users on this service. And i don't find something wrong on it, but although it is legit and can be trusted always make Investment with you can lost it.
royalpalm

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:04:04 AM

Greetings,

Thanks
In my experience cex.io is legit and can be trusted, and there are many review from another users on this service. And i don't find something wrong on it, but although it is legit and can be trusted always make Investment with you can lost it.

My view is that never trust an exchange, you know mtgox? It was very trustful, and you know the result, over 1M btc lost there. Therefore, never trust them, trust your wallet.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:10:53 AM

yes they are a legit exchange service and they have been around for a very long time, i remember doing some cloudmining and also trading some GHS there back in the days where they had more than 51% of the network hashrate share.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Gohs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

send &receive money instantly with no hidden cost

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:18:06 AM

My view is that never trust an exchange, you know mtgox? It was very trustful, and you know the result, over 1M btc lost there. Therefore, never trust them, trust your wallet.

Mtgox was hacked - OP wants to know if cex.io is going to run away with his money not if cex.io is going to be hacked.

cex.io does not run away with people's money.

x4

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:29:56 AM

You can move this thread in the Exchanges Section Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=223.0
And as what others and the majority said cex.io a legit exchange site, though I don't have account to them but as I saw in some reviews and here in bitcointalk that site and they can be trusted.
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:51:31 AM

Greetings,

Thanks

CEX.IO is one of the biggest players in the bitcoin business.

I`ve seen  very mixed reviews about them.Some good,some very bad.

I can`t use them because i`m not from USA.

densuj
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:51:58 AM

Greetings,

Thanks

Yes i agree with you, it is part of management of money. That is why i said although it is legit and can be trusted always make Investment with you can lost it. Because always there are risk on there. And i don't save my bitcoin for long time on markets.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 08:57:20 AM

being legit means to be "according to law"

According to the laws from all the countries, any company who is making financial operations like cex.io, it MUST be financial licensed, must have a license which require compliance with many regulations.

CEX.io registered in United Kingdom(still in EU) and it must be licensed according to the EU financial laws; see Circle.com and Bitstamp which they are already.

So, Cex.io is not a legit company. It's like Bitfinex, BTC-e and others Smiley
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:20:33 AM

Greetings,

Thanks
yes Bro It is Legit and You Can Trade Here Without Any Risks Because My Friend Personally Used the Service Of Cex.io and He Really Liked It....
And I have friends who once used Mt.Gox and more recently Bitfinex and were also pleased with these services...

I have never personally tried trading on Cex, but my browser is showing that their SSL certificate is either missing/not working correctly or I have problem with it.

Anyone can confirm it?
PhilPrime

Activity: 378

BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:36:00 AM

Greetings,

Thanks
And I have friends who once used Mt.Gox and more recently Bitfinex and were also pleased with these services...

I have never personally tried trading on Cex, but my browser is showing that their SSL certificate is either missing/not working correctly or I have problem with it.

Anyone can confirm it?

personally im using cex as exchange. and i vouch that this site is legit as of now. but i will not ensure that they will always be legit because of
what happened to bitfinex. hahaha.

LordCoder

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:43:05 AM

Yes it is legit. They have been a mining center for a long time, until their maintenance fees were higher than their profit, so they closed GHS/BTC trades.
btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:57:59 AM

Yes it is legit. They have been a mining center for a long time, until their maintenance fees were higher than their profit, so they closed GHS/BTC trades.

yeah I used to do cloud mining there. I havent used buy/sell feature but i havent heard anything bad and i know a couple
people who use it all the time

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 12:58:09 PM

If you haven't tried their platform yet you better load only small fund and try them to see how it works. They seem to be trusted and i also have account there but haven't done any trading as there are other methods from which i can easily convert bitcoin into fiat for me.

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1158

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:29:40 PM

They've closed mining, but I assume you're using Cex for just trading. Yes, they're 'legit' for now, but this may change in the future. Never trust exchanges, and move your bitcoins off them asap.

You've seen Bitfinex and Mt.Gox already, there's been plenty of warning that things like this can and will happen.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
zend7

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 01:33:55 PM

Mtgox was hacked - OP wants to know if cex.io is going to run away with his money not if cex.io is going to be hacked.

cex.io does not run away with people's money.

For the moment they will not as they have not so many customers there especially after they closed mining people were really angry as they were also selling vouches of different GHS through ebay and many places. People were not happy since when they close mining and since then the number of users has decreased. So follow the advice of other people too who say trust your wallet and if you want to withdraw that money to your VISA card directly from your bitcoin wallet there are a lot of services to do that with coinimal being one of the most talked in the forum and yes they are trustworthy.
universe_

Activity: 448

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:52:12 PM

Greetings,

Thanks
yeah they are legit, used it a couple of times and i have never had any problems with them to be honest

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 09:59:13 PM

I think they are a trusted website. they include the old site. although previously they are mining sites but I think they will not turn out to be a scam. I'm sure they trusted dude
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: