Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:53:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-accounts actmyname and DarkStar_ are CHEATING EVERYONE  (Read 2128 times)
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 03:10:40 PM

As far as cheating is considered, I would like to clarify beforehand that I've not been cheated by DarkStar_ or actmyname.

But, I guess DarkStar_ has another alt account with the name salsa321. Because I have received a PM from this member when I PMed DarkStar_ regarding a banner design. Here's the proof:

That isn't my alt account. Not sure why salsa321 sent you a PM though. What would be the point of sending you a PM advertising my alts service when you were already in discussion with me? salsa's PM just seems like a general advertising one (maybe they thought you wanted banners for whatever reason?)

taking a break - expect delayed responses

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grtthegreat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 03:58:46 PM

That isn't my alt account. Not sure why salsa321 sent you a PM though. What would be the point of sending you a PM advertising my alts service when you were already in discussion with me? salsa's PM just seems like a general advertising one (maybe they thought you wanted banners for whatever reason?)

Not sure if sending me PM's from your alt accounts would work but yes, this way you can ensure that any guy seeking banner designs ultimately comes to any of your alt, so ultimately you get the money to design a banner, though via any other alt.
alpesvillage

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:24:21 AM

My question is,  who's alt is truthbetold's?  Seems a bit like he's trying toohard here.  There's an agenda behind this, and that's not just me being cynical.  Don't know why people can't poke sticks at each other from their main accounts.
Some butthurt banned campaigner from Crypto-Games.net.
I don't think this is necessarily true. It is very well possible that the OP is someone who disagrees with Lutpins behavior and fears retribution if he posts from his main account (if this is a legitimate fear is another discussion), or he simply does not want to post something controversial from his main account.

I would not recommend you dismiss someone's claims simply because they are posting from a newbie account. You should always independently verify what is being said.

Anyway, on topic, I don't think anything the OP is claiming is against any rules. Even if the "TOS" of signature campaigns and giveaways, I would not consider any of this to be scamming, especially not with only two accounts involved. This is especially true regarding signature campaigns, as the owner of the campaign is paying for a specific amount of advertising, which is **exactly** what they are getting.

It is true, even 2 or more accounts join a campaign, the multi-accounts all promote the campaign, no matter how many people behind the accounts, the campaign has been benefited from multi-accounts.

It may be immoral or cheating, but it is definitely not scamming, scamming is much more serious than cheating on multi-accounts.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 07:04:07 PM

Not a surprise, but TruthBeTold is gone. Had a good time trolling?

taking a break - expect delayed responses
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 07:22:42 PM

Not a surprise, but TruthBeTold is gone. Had a good time trolling?
Truth be told, it was just a waste of time for everyone associated. Alternate account links without evidence are thrown around all the time and it only causes frustration.

maybe that's why craig wrong thought it was a good idea to call himself satoshi Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: