Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:31:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has NXTs price peaked?  (Read 6664 times)
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:51:29 AM

Nxt has one of the most reliable blockchain out there. I think Ardor will get his moment of fame when they launch. And the marketing team of Nxt is already working on the new childchain and the name. More info will follow. 
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1456

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 11:26:43 AM

Nxt has one of the most reliable blockchain out there. I think Ardor will get his moment of fame when they launch. And the marketing team of Nxt is already working on the new childchain and the name. More info will follow. 

"You think" it will get its moment in fame. Of course it will because it will be hyped by the marketing team and the NXT community. It will also be pumped at the same time of the hype and then the traders who know what is going on will also join in. When the ordinary people get in because they think this will be the next big thing, the dump will happen. This has happened before many times. Please tell me. What will make Ardor different?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wolffang

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 05:58:54 PM

"You think" it will get its moment in fame. Of course it will because it will be hyped by the marketing team and the NXT community. It will also be pumped at the same time of the hype and then the traders who know what is going on will also join in. When the ordinary people get in because they think this will be the next big thing, the dump will happen. This has happened before many times. Please tell me. What will make Ardor different?

You already asked and got answered in the official threads....
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2016, 09:31:47 PM

Yes, that's what I think. I see all kind of coins and blockchain peak on random moments. Cryptocurrency prices are a lot about speculation, we even did see Fedoracoin peak...

Ardor has a more solid foundation, is tested well for many years, has good development and solves scalability problems. (Probably) 50% of the tokens of the first childchain on Ardor will go to development and marketing. That's good for promotion and to get things done. All these things combined make me think Ardor (or al least one of the childchains) will do well in the future.

The whole world of blockchains will only continue to grow. The chance your coins will be worth more is very likely. But it's crypto, so we will never know.  Wink
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:50:39 AM

Yes, that's what I think. I see all kind of coins and blockchain peak on random moments. Cryptocurrency prices are a lot about speculation, we even did see Fedoracoin peak...

Ardor has a more solid foundation, is tested well for many years, has good development and solves scalability problems. (Probably) 50% of the tokens of the first childchain on Ardor will go to development and marketing. That's good for promotion and to get things done. All these things combined make me think Ardor (or al least one of the childchains) will do well in the future.

The whole world of blockchains will only continue to grow. The chance your coins will be worth more is very likely. But it's crypto, so we will never know.  Wink

The problem is that formula has been used many times before and the success it mostly brought is only to enrich the developers and the insiders but not the supporters of the platform. Maybe the traders also have been enriched because of their exploitation of the price movements. It will be another hard lesson to the holders of Ardor and Nxt all over again because they will be given hope and then will get disappointed all over again after waiting for 1 or 2 years.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
farl4web
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2016, 05:56:04 PM

The whole world of blockchains will only continue to grow. The chance your coins will be worth more is very likely. But it's crypto, so we will never know.  Wink

The problem is that formula has been used many times before and the success it mostly brought is only to enrich the developers and the insiders but not the supporters of the platform. Maybe the traders also have been enriched because of their exploitation of the price movements. It will be another hard lesson to the holders of Ardor and Nxt all over again because they will be given hope and then will get disappointed all over again after waiting for 1 or 2 years.

I am jealous of your forecast talents.  Grin
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 06:37:18 AM

@farl4web. I am sorry if you find my comments condescending to Ardor. It is not my intent. I am merely expressing what I have seen happen to most of the cryptocoin ICO. Even if Ardor is an ICO thru proxy it would not change the situation. Also NXT was in the same situation. It was going down in price and no one cared to pick it up until Ardor was announced. Will it be different this time with Ardor? I hope their development team will prove that it is.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ttookk (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 01, 2016, 08:12:20 PM

I am not tech-savy enough to really gauge NXTs or ardors potential, but I've always felt, that NXTs problem was mostly the lack of good PR, kinda like the Linux of cryptocurrencies: neat stuff, but ultimately only suitable for nerds and techfreaks.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 04:55:26 AM

I am not tech-savy enough to really gauge NXTs or ardors potential, but I've always felt, that NXTs problem was mostly the lack of good PR, kinda like the Linux of cryptocurrencies: neat stuff, but ultimately only suitable for nerds and techfreaks.

In my opinion it is more like they are creating a platform without any use cases. The idea for NXT was to have a platform so that people and companies can issue assets thru the platform. But the question is what do the people in the cryptosphere need to issue assets for unless they are scams or gimmicks to make money? Also the companies will rather issue assets or company stocks the right way to avoid problems with the authorities.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2016, 09:41:33 AM

In my opinion it is more like they are creating a platform without any use cases. The idea for NXT was to have a platform so that people and companies can issue assets thru the platform. But the question is what do the people in the cryptosphere need to issue assets for unless they are scams or gimmicks to make money? Also the companies will rather issue assets or company stocks the right way to avoid problems with the authorities.

Well well well, you don't seem to be willing to see past the end of nose. The train is leaving this station with or without you.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 07:51:17 AM

@freshman777. That is what they always say. "The train is leaving". But how many people are riding the NXT train? It is obvious that with the latest announcements about Ardor and the proxy ICO thru the purchase of NXT shows that not a lot of people want to ride that train. Only the NXT community wants everyone to ride that train because they are the biggest beneficiary if the people do.

If the NXT development team wants to create some good for the world then I lift my glass to them. But if they are doing this for the money first and foremost thru what is looking like an exit strategy then shame on all of them.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 08:40:51 AM

@freshman777. That is what they always say. "The train is leaving". But how many people are riding the NXT train? It is obvious that with the latest announcements about Ardor and the proxy ICO thru the purchase of NXT shows that not a lot of people want to ride that train. Only the NXT community wants everyone to ride that train because they are the biggest beneficiary if the people do.

If the NXT development team wants to create some good for the world then I lift my glass to them. But if they are doing this for the money first and foremost thru what is looking like an exit strategy then shame on all of them.

A great invention does make inventors rich and does bring good to the world. It is usually both in free market inventions, inventors have both pride of creation and financials gains as motivation for work. If the financial gains had not been an important factor, many great inventions wouldn't have happened, we could ride horses to this day.

NXT developers are working to solve the problem of scalability, we should see this tech on testnet in a few months. There is a chance they will fail, investors take a risk in exchange for potential of big rewards. But if they succeed, they will achieve what no other blockchain has achieved up to this point. Well, Iota has just reached 50 tps throughput in stresstesting network, this is pretty impressive compared to bitcoin's realistic 3 tps. Iota is not a blockchain though and its feature set places it in a different niche.

If you don't see impact of all this and if you only focus on price and how NXT developers can get rich working their asses off, I have no words but to shame you for being so short-sighted in your assumptions, albeit this is probably useless so I will not.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 02:40:09 PM

I am sorry to say this but it is yet to be proven that NXT is a great invention. It is still very far away to be called great like how bitcoin is great. To some people calling NXT a great invention would he laughable. Also remember there are a lot of inventions that have not become great.

What do you think would be a good real world use case for NXT if you were to do something with it right now?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 02:56:26 PM

I am sorry to say this but it is yet to be proven that NXT is a great invention. It is still very far away to be called great like how bitcoin is great. To some people calling NXT a great invention would he laughable. Also remember there are a lot of inventions that have not become great.

What do you think would be a good real world use case for NXT if you were to do something with it right now?

If Bitcoin was invented just now, it wouldn't catch on. Its only advantage compared to several more advanced successors (NXT being one of these) is being there first.
Most people are not infrequently late to appreciate technological breakthroughs. In fact, most people always are or they'd all be rich which is mathematically impossible. Even though the notion of NXT being a great invention may sound laughable to many, it doesn't make it less important especially if the Ardor platform goes as planned. It is true that many inventions haven't become great, and it's too early to tell if Bitcoin can be that or whether it's only a pilot project to be phased out in later years.
Right now a lot of use cases are not possible but I see brighter future ahead, not only for NXT. In cryptocurrency we're in where internet was in 1995, compare use cases from then and 20 years in the future, stay tuned for more.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:15:27 PM

You see that is the mark of bitcoin's greatness. It is the first and it will always be the first. I could only imagine the reaction of the first people to read the white paper of satoshi. Very simple enough for the basic concept to be understood by everyone which is what made it a brilliant invention.

If you say that if bitcoin was only invented today then this or that will or will not happen. I say that if bitcoin was only invented today then the crypto revolution has just begun. I cannot imagine somebody inventing NXT before bitcoin. That is ridiculous.

Also how can you compare NXT with the internet of 1995? The internet is a wide and open "world" while NXT is only another protocol living in that world.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 03:31:25 PM

You see that is the mark of bitcoin's greatness. It is the first and it will always be the first. I could only imagine the reaction of the first people to read the white paper of satoshi. Very simple enough for the basic concept to be understood by everyone which is what made it a brilliant invention.

If you say that if bitcoin was only invented today then this or that will or will not happen. I say that if bitcoin was only invented today then the crypto revolution has just begun. I cannot imagine somebody inventing NXT before bitcoin. That is ridiculous.

Also how can you compare NXT with the internet of 1995? The internet is a wide and open "world" while NXT is only another protocol living in that world.

You misunderstood. I compare internet in 1995 to cryptocurrencies today, not NXT specifically. The meaning I convey is that we don't fully understand yet what is possible. People who were online in 1995 were using dialup modems at that time. Teenagers of today don't recognize the sound of the dialup modem, they grew up when dialup modems had already been phased out. Dialup modem was there first and this is its greatness that nobody can take away from it. Do you see the similarity?

Bottom line. Welcome to the world of ever evolving technology where you're phased out if you stop advancing and rest on laurels.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 07:51:13 PM

You misunderstood. I compare internet in 1995 to cryptocurrencies today, not NXT specifically. The meaning I convey is that we don't fully understand yet what is possible. People who were online in 1995 were using dialup modems at that time. Teenagers of today don't recognize the sound of the dialup modem, they grew up when dialup modems had already been phased out. Dialup modem was there first and this is its greatness that nobody can take away from it. Do you see the similarity?

Bottom line. Welcome to the world of ever evolving technology where you're phased out if you stop advancing and rest on laurels.

I do not see the similarity. A better comparison would be with the internet bubble of the early 2000's. Everyone was saying there was a new economy taking over and they all set up their companies and got their IPO's in Wall Street despite not having any cashflow or revenue. Everyone thought the party will not end. But it did. Where are most of those "companies" now? They are dead. But their founders made millions from pumping and dumping their companies' stocks.

Sound familiar?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 08:15:14 PM

A better comparison would be with the internet bubble of the early 2000's. Everyone was saying there was a new economy taking over and they all set up their companies and got their IPO's in Wall Street despite not having any cashflow or revenue. Everyone thought the party will not end. But it did. Where are most of those "companies" now? They are dead. But their founders made millions from pumping and dumping their companies' stocks.

Sound familiar?

1) Where is Bitcoin in this comparison?
2) Some of the companies born in the early 2000s boom were legit and they are big today and their founders are rich naturally, and their investors are rich too - those that didn't sell after the first big dump. You can't skip doing due diligence on companies or cryptocurrencies and expect good results.

ttookk (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:26:12 PM

Well, there is no doubt that we are in some kind of bubble. I don't think it is a financial bubble, I think the Bit-/Altcoin/Blockchain market hasn't even left the hangar yet. But we are in a "new projects" bubble. There are projects sprouting left and right, and while this is good for Blockchain tech as a whole, only a very small percentage of those will survive.
Will NXT/Ardor be one of them? Maybe, maybe not. That's not really the point. The point is to find th right time to exit the boat, befor it capsizes Wink
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:42:49 AM

A better comparison would be with the internet bubble of the early 2000's. Everyone was saying there was a new economy taking over and they all set up their companies and got their IPO's in Wall Street despite not having any cashflow or revenue. Everyone thought the party will not end. But it did. Where are most of those "companies" now? They are dead. But their founders made millions from pumping and dumping their companies' stocks.

Sound familiar?

1) Where is Bitcoin in this comparison?
2) Some of the companies born in the early 2000s boom were legit and they are big today and their founders are rich naturally, and their investors are rich too - those that didn't sell after the first big dump. You can't skip doing due diligence on companies or cryptocurrencies and expect good results.

Like your comparison, it does not concern only bitcoin but all of the coins and projects in the cryptosphere. I also agree that some of the companies during the early 2000s were legit. In the cryptosphere comparison, it is bitcoin that is legit because it has proven to be. I am sure you already know this. While the other coins and projects have not proven to be legit. Not even Ethereum itself. Why is this? Because they do not have any revenue and cashflow. Some even argue that it is all a giant bubble ponzi.