Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:00:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has NXTs price peaked?  (Read 6664 times)
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1456

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 06:49:02 AM

Well, there is no doubt that we are in some kind of bubble. I don't think it is a financial bubble, I think the Bit-/Altcoin/Blockchain market hasn't even left the hangar yet. But we are in a "new projects" bubble. There are projects sprouting left and right, and while this is good for Blockchain tech as a whole, only a very small percentage of those will survive.
Will NXT/Ardor be one of them? Maybe, maybe not. That's not really the point. The point is to find th right time to exit the boat, befor it capsizes Wink

Your final sentence is the ultimate truth. What is laughable is that there are many people acting like they are very idealistic when it is very much clear that all of them are thinking of the same thing. That is to "find the right time to exit the boat before it capsizes".

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 07:36:13 AM

A better comparison would be with the internet bubble of the early 2000's. Everyone was saying there was a new economy taking over and they all set up their companies and got their IPO's in Wall Street despite not having any cashflow or revenue. Everyone thought the party will not end. But it did. Where are most of those "companies" now? They are dead. But their founders made millions from pumping and dumping their companies' stocks.

Sound familiar?

1) Where is Bitcoin in this comparison?
2) Some of the companies born in the early 2000s boom were legit and they are big today and their founders are rich naturally, and their investors are rich too - those that didn't sell after the first big dump. You can't skip doing due diligence on companies or cryptocurrencies and expect good results.

Like your comparison, it does not concern only bitcoin but all of the coins and projects in the cryptosphere. I also agree that some of the companies during the early 2000s were legit. In the cryptosphere comparison, it is bitcoin that is legit because it has proven to be. I am sure you already know this. While the other coins and projects have not proven to be legit. Not even Ethereum itself. Why is this? Because they do not have any revenue and cashflow. Some even argue that it is all a giant bubble ponzi.

A million people using Bitcoin is a drop in the bucket of 7 billion. I would be cautious to say it has proven to be legit. Legit in what sense, and other coins not legit in what sense? As I said the only legitimacy is numbers and only because Bitcoin was there first, but it's a transitory kind of legitimacy. Myspace can can tell you all about it.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 07:42:30 AM

A better comparison would be with the internet bubble of the early 2000's. Everyone was saying there was a new economy taking over and they all set up their companies and got their IPO's in Wall Street despite not having any cashflow or revenue. Everyone thought the party will not end. But it did. Where are most of those "companies" now? They are dead. But their founders made millions from pumping and dumping their companies' stocks.

Sound familiar?

1) Where is Bitcoin in this comparison?
2) Some of the companies born in the early 2000s boom were legit and they are big today and their founders are rich naturally, and their investors are rich too - those that didn't sell after the first big dump. You can't skip doing due diligence on companies or cryptocurrencies and expect good results.

Like your comparison, it does not concern only bitcoin but all of the coins and projects in the cryptosphere. I also agree that some of the companies during the early 2000s were legit. In the cryptosphere comparison, it is bitcoin that is legit because it has proven to be. I am sure you already know this. While the other coins and projects have not proven to be legit. Not even Ethereum itself. Why is this? Because they do not have any revenue and cashflow. Some even argue that it is all a giant bubble ponzi.

A million people using Bitcoin is a drop in the bucket of 7 billion. I would be cautious to say it has proven to be legit. Legit in what sense, and other coins not legit in what sense? As I said the only legitimacy is numbers and only because Bitcoin was there first, but it's a transitory kind of legitimacy. Myspace can can tell you all about it.

If you compare that with NXT then it is even way way worse. It would be like a penny stock company shilling their "products" to set up their pump and dump exit strategy. I would also advice people to be cautious because it is not yet proven to be legit. Like you said the cryptosphere is always evolving so each coin or project will have to churn out gimmick after gimmick to stay relevant.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 07:53:15 AM

If we use your definition of legitimacy which is based purely on how many people use the technology today ignoring the potential of technology, NXT is less legit, few people use it compared to Bitcoin.

My definition of legitimacy is different.

But even in your definition in the eyes of most people in the world Bitcoin is not legit, because they don't use it. As I said 1 million is 1/7000th of the world population. 6999 out of 7000 don't care and don't think cryptocurrencies are legit. Now I'll let you go figure if your definition of what is legit holds any water.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 07:57:52 AM

NXT prices will fall dramatically due to begin on Oct 12th, Stake NXT for Ardor ended. NXT will be no sales on a large scale to return capital to investors. Maybe  Smiley

freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2016, 08:06:34 AM

fall dramatically

Panic mode much? Smiley

wolffang

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 10:21:37 AM

Looking forward to the NXT rise after the snapshots
arseaboy

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 11:04:58 AM

Looking forward to the NXT rise after the snapshots
its really dumping but bouncing back is easy for this project so better to buy while price still cheap.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 04:43:48 AM

If we use your definition of legitimacy which is based purely on how many people use the technology today ignoring the potential of technology, NXT is less legit, few people use it compared to Bitcoin.

But even in your definition in the eyes of most people in the world Bitcoin is not legit, because they don't use it. As I said 1 million is 1/7000th of the world population. 6999 out of 7000 don't care and don't think cryptocurrencies are legit. Now I'll let you go figure if your definition of what is legit holds any water.

So what are you saying? In your definition of "legit", bitcoin will not be really "legit" in your eyes and the eyes of the world? Because it has nothing "potentially new" to offer?

Remember my friend, what you brand as "potential" in the cryptosphere is also branded as hype by others. We have seen this happen many times here. In my research almost all of the platforms have no real world use cases. Even the powerful Ethereum has no real world use case.

I am also curious. Does your definition of legit make NXT more legit than bitcoin? Please explain.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 07:30:02 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2016, 07:43:49 AM by freshman777

So what are you saying? In your definition of "legit", bitcoin will not be really "legit" in your eyes and the eyes of the world? Because it has nothing "potentially new" to offer?

Remember my friend, what you brand as "potential" in the cryptosphere is also branded as hype by others. We have seen this happen many times here. In my research almost all of the platforms have no real world use cases. Even the powerful Ethereum has no real world use case.

I am also curious. Does your definition of legit make NXT more legit than bitcoin? Please explain.

I am saying that your definition of legit is very narrow.

Bitcoin is legit in my eyes because I use it quite often, but I am 1 of 7000 of world population.
The other 6999 out of 7000 people don't use it, they don't believe it's legit.

I use Bitcoin like I use a bicycle. It's good for some use but the potential is limited. Now NXT already has a motorcycle and is working on designing a car. Bicycle will always be with us and it's legit. Motorcycle is here and legit, but I like to invest in the potential of NXT engineers and designers to make a car because I know from their past work that they can. Will it be used I don't know, but I like to invest in technology.

wolffang

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:24:03 PM

Nice way of saying. Nxt is one of the best around. Too bad people only investing in crypto that are selling lies and unfinished products. The strong believers and supporters in Nxt will be payed back soon is my guess.
wolffang

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:27:31 PM

#Oneclick deployment for #Nxt nodes on #Microsoft #Azure :
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/templates/nxt-blockchain-ubuntu/
wolffang

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:34:56 PM

#Ubuntu #PPA for Nxt:
https://launchpad.net/~nxtcrypto/+archive/ubuntu/nxt
#nomoreclicks : automated deployment for Ubuntu nodes
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 05:52:40 AM

I am saying that your definition of legit is very narrow.

Bitcoin is legit in my eyes because I use it quite often, but I am 1 of 7000 of world population.
The other 6999 out of 7000 people don't use it, they don't believe it's legit.

I use Bitcoin like I use a bicycle. It's good for some use but the potential is limited. Now NXT already has a motorcycle and is working on designing a car. Bicycle will always be with us and it's legit. Motorcycle is here and legit, but I like to invest in the potential of NXT engineers and designers to make a car because I know from their past work that they can. Will it be used I don't know, but I like to invest in technology.

So NXT is a motorcycle. But is it really a good motorcycle? If it is then why is no one using it. The ones who are using the asset exchange are all amateurs and most of them are issued by anonymous people that cannot be trusted.

Let us face reality here. You say that NXT has the potential to be used by businesses and that it will change the world. I say that is all hype. Look at it nobody is using it and even with the news about Ardor the price of NXT is still falling right now. The interest in the platform is not enough from the people that matter. Why is this? Did it not occur to you that NXT might not be good enough for professional multi million dollar companies?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 07:29:13 AM

So NXT is a motorcycle. But is it really a good motorcycle? If it is then why is no one using it. The ones who are using the asset exchange are all amateurs and most of them are issued by anonymous people that cannot be trusted.

Let us face reality here. You say that NXT has the potential to be used by businesses and that it will change the world. I say that is all hype. Look at it nobody is using it and even with the news about Ardor the price of NXT is still falling right now. The interest in the platform is not enough from the people that matter. Why is this? Did it not occur to you that NXT might not be good enough for professional multi million dollar companies?

Nobody is using Nxt 1.0 because it seems few people need motorcycles, like in RL a car is preferred to a motorcycle, and in big cities bicycles can do the job almost just as well for distances are short (Bitcoin transfers value and this one trick pony is good enough for most people). Motorcycle is a hobbyist vehicle.

The next evolutionary step is a car. A car can transfer more people, it can be re-purposed for transportation of cargo, it can be turned into much more than a two-wheel vehicle (bicycle and motorcycle) can. But you can't go straight to a car, you invent an internal combustion engine, and it happened that the engine was attached to a motorcycle as a simpler first step. Nxt 2.0 engineers are designing a four-wheel vehicle with a modernized engine.

Why will professional established multi million dollar companies use cryptocurrency, any cryptocurrency but perhaps their own, again?

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 12:32:49 PM

Nobody is using Nxt 1.0 because it seems few people need motorcycles, like in RL a car is preferred to a motorcycle, and in big cities bicycles can do the job almost just as well for distances are short (Bitcoin transfers value and this one trick pony is good enough for most people). Motorcycle is a hobbyist vehicle.

The next evolutionary step is a car. A car can transfer more people, it can be re-purposed for transportation of cargo, it can be turned into much more than a two-wheel vehicle (bicycle and motorcycle) can. But you can't go straight to a car, you invent an internal combustion engine, and it happened that the engine was attached to a motorcycle as a simpler first step. Nxt 2.0 engineers are designing a four-wheel vehicle with a modernized engine.

Why will professional established multi million dollar companies use cryptocurrency, any cryptocurrency but perhaps their own, again?

Now you are just making up reasons thru your metaphors. But ok I will wait for that "NXT car" and let us see how it will go.

So from your final question you are clearly saying multi million dollar companies have no use for NXT. At least in that we both agree.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 02:41:55 PM

Now you are just making up reasons thru your metaphors. But ok I will wait for that "NXT car" and let us see how it will go.

So from your final question you are clearly saying multi million dollar companies have no use for NXT. At least in that we both agree.

I can't wait myself to test the car prototype, understand your impatience Smiley

It would be utter nonsense to believe multi million dollar companies care about decentralized cryptocurrency. They will have their own custom centralized ledgers if their workflow requires them.

Decentralized cryptocurrency is for "we, the people" and for small companies, communities who can't afford to create and maintain their own ledgers. The latter is clientele of the Nxt 2.0 platform - they get help and outsource the need for a secure and reliable ledger to professionals. Similar to how they outsource other specialized jobs to contractors. The Nxt 2.0 "car" will carry much more than the Nxt 1.0 "motorcycle". Many of us love to have fun riding bicycles too, can't take that away.

sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 08:15:15 PM

sfyl nxt holder.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:06:33 AM

I can't wait myself to test the car prototype, understand your impatience Smiley

It would be utter nonsense to believe multi million dollar companies care about decentralized cryptocurrency. They will have their own custom centralized ledgers if their workflow requires them.

Decentralized cryptocurrency is for "we, the people" and for small companies, communities who can't afford to create and maintain their own ledgers. The latter is clientele of the Nxt 2.0 platform - they get help and outsource the need for a secure and reliable ledger to professionals. Similar to how they outsource other specialized jobs to contractors. The Nxt 2.0 "car" will carry much more than the Nxt 1.0 "motorcycle". Many of us love to have fun riding bicycles too, can't take that away.

That remains to be seen my friend. Until we see the day that the "NXT car" is being used effectively in the real world in a massive scale then it is all hype for now. Also the hype seems to be waning because look at the price of NXT it is going down. If you use that as a barometer it could mean that there is no interest in Ardor.

Also I advice everyone to look at this whole situation with care because it could be an exit strategy by the people behind NXT. So far it is not working because the price did not go up big.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freshman777

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 07:14:35 AM

That remains to be seen my friend. Until we see the day that the "NXT car" is being used effectively in the real world in a massive scale then it is all hype for now. Also the hype seems to be waning because look at the price of NXT it is going down. If you use that as a barometer it could mean that there is no interest in Ardor.

Also I advice everyone to look at this whole situation with care because it could be an exit strategy by the people behind NXT. So far it is not working because the price did not go up big.

I agree that it remains to be seen. As all serious investments this one is a long play. If it was fast, easy and surefire, there would be no honor in winning. The price is going down and it's not unexpected: a lot of people bought NXT for a short play to gain some Ardor and sell before the snapshot period is over. They will not get full amount of Ardor because they sell early, from their actions they probably don't care about the technology and it's alright, not everyone must or can. There are also investors who don't sell early, they need their full Ardor balance and then some after it starts trading on exchanges.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: