Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to gift BTC to my friend because his wedding. What method do you prefer?  (Read 2725 times)
cointrader83 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:46:32 AM

Hey Guys! Next week I go to my friend's  wedding. I want to present him with some BTCs, like 0.5 or something  Wink He never heard about bitcoins, have you got any idea how can I give him? A paper wallet or anything else?

Please help  Smiley

Or should I give him a pendrive with a lite client?
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700

morir es descansar

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 08:52:54 AM

Hey Guys! Next week I go to my friend's  wedding. I want to present him with some BTCs, like 0.5 or something  Wink He never heard about bitcoins, have you got any idea how can I give him? A paper wallet or anything else?

Please help  Smiley

I dont think its enough if you dont reserve a  free guide for him. Bitcoin is easy to understand when you tell him its a virtual currency where he can use in many ways like buying mobile credit for example . But the whole thing about it is not easy as 123 to understand you can give him a paperwallet with bitcoin on it but you need to tell him how to safeguard this.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:08:25 AM

Please help  Smiley

What is your place.. because here in my country we can gift bitcoin even they are not register in any wallet they will receive it in facebook to push receiver to join and take the gift..
But if this option is none in your place,. you can try to give him a cellphone with wallet register and also with bitcoins. this is just my idea..
cointrader83 (OP)

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:24:04 AM

Please help  Smiley

What is your place.. because here in my country we can gift bitcoin even they are not register in any wallet they will receive it in facebook to push receiver to join and take the gift..
But if this option is none in your place,. you can try to give him a cellphone with wallet register and also with bitcoins. this is just my idea..

receive in facebook? I didn't heard about that. My place is in EU.
ccminer.net

Activity: 595
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:25:36 AM

prepare a fancy gift card and print on it the BTC qr code
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:34:53 AM

If you want a really cool gift then you can think about order something like Bitcoin Penny or a silver wallet. Also cool idea to give a Bitcoin address with prefix and some coins on it. I have also bought a address to mine wife with the prefix 1Miranda and requested for myself 1Marvin.

Will be like this:
Address: 1MirandakMqHmN8i5hPJsT8Jj22EpHRrKd
Address: 1MarvinPBy2RAwtvpG91g2J1Bhjhq5K4Tt

Bitcoinpenny thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1446615.0
Pretty Addy Giveaway:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1424634.0
krishna1

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:34:19 PM

i will suggest you can give him a pendrive with a lite wallet software in it and also keep a private key backup with yourself incase if he formatted the pendrive and don't understand the bitcoin things

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:41:10 PM

i will suggest you can give him a pendrive with a lite wallet software in it and also keep a private key backup with yourself incase if he formatted the pendrive and don't understand the bitcoin things
I think it will not work.. better to try already mention here that put the bitcoin in cellphone with wallet that has bitcoin inside..
So this is new technology than you are giving it a pendrive that he didnt know how to use it.. also if his laptop is infected . so better to use cellphone to give it to him.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:44:27 PM

If you want a really cool gift then you can think about order something like Bitcoin Penny or a silver wallet. Also cool idea to give a Bitcoin address with prefix and some coins on it. I have also bought a address to mine wife with the prefix 1Miranda and requested for myself 1Marvin.

Will be like this:
Address: 1MirandakMqHmN8i5hPJsT8Jj22EpHRrKd
Address: 1MarvinPBy2RAwtvpG91g2J1Bhjhq5K4Tt

Bitcoinpenny thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1446615.0
Pretty Addy Giveaway:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1424634.0

That is a really cool idea.  Make them custom vanity gen addresses of their names and load each one with .25 or something.  Really really cool idea, I like it a lot and will probably do that in the future.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 06:52:44 PM

Please help  Smiley

i will suggest to give him a pendrive but before you give to him, i think you should explaining about bitcoin so he don't confuse about how to use it. just a big explain until he understand the point. maybe you can teach by doing with him so he will know and will learning by doing to and he can apply by himself when you are not with him.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 07:33:23 PM

It might be a bit more expensive, but I suggest you buy a fairly cheap DIY or funded physical bitcoin. It will be a lot more memorable for him (most likely), and is very secure if you buy the coin from someone trusted, or a DIY. Getting a DIY and printing out the priv key of a custom vanity address would be cool too (you can get a 1xxxxxxx address from a vanitygen service on here for 0.0043BTC, depending on the difficulty). I don't recommend a bitcoin penny like someone else has said because I don't think you can load bitcoin on to those.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
kurniawaN

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2016, 08:35:46 PM

Generate Bitcoin Vanity Wallet and Print it on Designed on Multimedia Paper
Make it cute hehe. Physical Bitcoin mostly only for decoration, not putting the bitcoin inside it

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2016, 09:04:52 PM

Hey Guys! Next week I go to my friend's  wedding. I want to present him with some BTCs, like 0.5 or something  Wink He never heard about bitcoins, have you got any idea how can I give him? A paper wallet or anything else?

Please help  Smiley

The pendrive is a good option too but if you don't find any other way to make a present for them I would go with 2x ledger nano or the hw1(cheaper), they are secure and can be used with a chrome extension which you can setup for them and introduce to bitcoin. Btw onlinedragon's idea is perfect.
PremiumCodeX

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 01:24:07 PM

I know about people who became interested in cryptocurrency after getting a paper wallet as a gift. According to the experiences that I read, paper wallets often looked at as entry gifts into cryptocurrency. A paper wallet is easy to make, has elegant physical presence like you could put it into an excellent-looking paper case or book and your friend could store it in the classical way in paper form until he is in the mood to do some research online and import the wallet. In your place, I would print the wallet into a nice piece of paper, put the paper into an elegant case like this and put another piece of paper into the case with my technical instructions and best wishes. No need to overcomplicate things, just tell your friend to take good care of your gift :3

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 01:37:11 PM

I know about people who became interested in cryptocurrency after getting a paper wallet as a gift. According to the experiences that I read, paper wallets often looked at as entry gifts into cryptocurrency. A paper wallet is easy to make, has elegant physical presence like you could put it into an excellent-looking paper case or book and your friend could store it in the classical way in paper form until he is in the mood to do some research online and import the wallet. In your place, I would print the wallet into a nice piece of paper, put the paper into an elegant case like this and put another piece of paper into the case with my technical instructions and best wishes. No need to overcomplicate things, just tell your friend to take good care of your gift :3

apart from all ideas I like your idea of paper wallet as a gift. Wrap the paper wallet with fully design and if you want you can make it a photo frame and with that keeping the another paper with full technical details about the bitcoin and its function.

This idea is very cool, i will try this coming next month when my sister birthday is their , so that i can gift her a new technology.
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 02:19:04 PM

The idea of the pen drive is one of the coolest. However I would choose to go old style and surprise the couples a bit. I would send them a laptop loaded with a lite or full bitcoin core client wallet and there they will have the 0.5 btc loaded. Maybe 2 different wallets, 0.25 with the name of your friend and 0.25 btc with the name of his wife. You can write them a full detailed guide about bitcoin and leave it in the desktop. Of course they will not see it right away but after some days after the wedding they will become curious and this way get to know bitcoin and maybe even embrace it. Or if a laptop is too heavy there are always slim tablets to try but laptop is safer in terms of security.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 04:21:09 PM

Please help  Smiley

i think that's not great idea because as you said that he has never heard bitcoin and if you give bitcoin as wedding present i think he would be so confuse how to use it and how does bitcoin working because bitcoin is not physical however maybe you can asking to him does he willing to use bitcoin and if he agree to use it then you could give your bitcoin as the wedding present
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 06:02:49 PM

thing about giving a paper wallet to someone who knows nothing about bitcoin is that they may not value it and end up losing it, if i was you i would keep a copy of the key and when he finally needs bitcoin and tells you he lost that bit of paper you gave him 10 years ago, you'll be there with the key.....  Grin
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 04:34:55 AM

Please help  Smiley

You might ruin the happiness in their wedding because of that. Better do another thing. In the way you want it to happen there will be explanations that will take place and it will take a little time. Why not just withdrew it. Buy a thing for them then wrapped it like a gift. Try to put yourself in his situation.
rphk

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 08:52:29 AM

probably you need take printout of guide about the bitcoin and create wallet on behalf him and ,tell him that it can be explained in details if require . may be you can share youtube ,google websites. but thing is after his wedding he will be busy  Smiley, i believe he/she will not have patience to read all those things that time , so best is buy some goods or gift with that btc and gift him.

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: