Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:55:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TorBroker - Fund your account in Bitcoin, trade >1000 real stocks and ETFs  (Read 58363 times)
JordanL
Donator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:50:44 AM

Just one question: are you all fucking crazy?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ValtteriRyhtila

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 09:32:52 AM

If these guy's have 1,000BTC to put up for insurance then they can also buy their own offshore fully legal brokerage/securities trading financial services company and do this on clearnet. Nothing illegal about anonymous directors running a brokerage service in Belize, Panama, Seychelles, or even New Zealand if you have a local employee there. As long as you are licensed in that country you can operate. Hell you could operate a legal brokerage out of Liberia.

I'm interested, but can you respond have you considered that^^, and why you are not implenting this that^^ way?

In other thoughts, I'm pretty sure that this is going to be one of the main reasons when the feds start their attack on bitcoin.
only

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 10:27:29 AM

Care to elaborate?

TorBroker (OP)

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 12:15:52 PM

If these guy's have 1,000BTC to put up for insurance then they can also buy their own offshore fully legal brokerage/securities trading financial services company and do this on clearnet. Nothing illegal about anonymous directors running a brokerage service in Belize, Panama, Seychelles, or even New Zealand if you have a local employee there. As long as you are licensed in that country you can operate. Hell you could operate a legal brokerage out of Liberia.
We are fully aware of such offshore companies. However, according to our research, being a registered broker in any of the jurisdictions we have looked into requires you to perform time-consuming and intrusive KYC.

Also, if it is publicly known which companies are handling TorBroker accounts, our employed brokerages could be facing political pressure to close our accounts. We would also be attracting the attention of the authorities in the local jurisdiction where these companies are operating. With our current model, there is no political entity that the major securities regulators can pressure.
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:13:20 AM

What makes me suspicious is the 1% fee. I would believe in the service more if it had 5% fee.

Edit: not that I would still put any money to this.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:15:11 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 01:24:53 PM by MPOE-PR

Care to elaborate?

He means this is so obviously a scam you'd have to be about as dumb&deluded as Kludge to miss it.

Alternatively, Personal responsiblity and the Ponzi scam; So you think you're going to start a Bitcoin business, right?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
TorBroker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 03:59:42 PM

What makes me suspicious is the 1% fee. I would believe in the service more if it had 5% fee.
Note there is currently a minimum of $10. For small orders the commission is therefore larger than 1%. For large orders it is 1%.
TorBroker (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 04:02:33 PM

BTW, it is not obvious we would profit more from a 5% fee. There is an optimum price point where if you both go lower or higher you will make less money. Determining it requires experimentation.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:03:24 PM

Might be interesting to have a kind of bitcoin bond held in a 1-of-2 signature address against the account to reduce the trust required on the user side.

Say like user has $20k in stock positions in their account then there is a btc 1-of-2 address with $2k worth of btc (10%) that has both user and tor-broker as signors ... or something like that, maybe use a 3rd party independent arbiter as signor for 1-of-3 multi-sig so that either party can get the bonded funds out if it all turns to custard.

begining_summer

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:12:37 AM

TorBroker

First of all, I'm very interested in idea of your project.
As non-US citizen, I see a good opportunity to avoid many annoying meaningless bureaucratic obstacles.

BUT how do you proof that I will trade at real stock markets through TorBroker (i.e. is it a bucket shop or not)?
TorBroker (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:52:51 AM

TorBroker

First of all, I'm very interested in idea of your project.
As non-US citizen, I see a good opportunity to avoid many annoying meaningless bureaucratic obstacles.

BUT how do you proof that I will trade at real stock markets through TorBroker (i.e. is it a bucket shop or not)?
There is probably no way for us to prove it. But if we did not hedge customer positions on the real markets, we would be taking on significant risk when our customers do well and request payout from us.

It comes down to what is in our long term interest. With our current fee structure (1%, minimum 10USD, on trades), and with full hedging in the real markets, we are guaranteed to make money on every trade that our customers perform. This is unlike some other Bitcoin trading platforms out there with non-transparent business models that have a high risk of losing money. The way we do it, we have a financial incentive to hedge every position and keep running for the long term.
TorBroker (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 09:25:11 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 09:48:07 PM by TorBroker

Platform enhancements, fees promotion, and video

TorBroker is releasing a new update of our trading platform today. Enjoy these compelling new features:

• Better securities list interface
  • Improved order system
  • Performance and stability enhancements
  • Lower fee: Pay a minimum of only $5 on trades for the next month (Promotion ending on the 11th of July)

And to bring private, unbureaucratic trading to more people, we will be spreading this short promotional TorBroker video. Please share!

http://s23.postimg.org/4oerdmvsr/hj53k45280h.png
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:35:25 AM

Do you plan to add international securities?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
PrintMule

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 05:42:51 AM

It will meet same fate as the others, crackdown, forced verifications or simple poof...

Don't expect it to last

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀        ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███████████████████████████████████████████████
█████    ▄█████████▌   ▐█████▀  ▐███████████████▌  ▀██████████████████
████▌   ▐██████████    █████    ████████████████    ██████████████████
████▌   ▐█████████▄▄▄▄█████▌   ▐███████████████▌   ▐███▀▀█████████████
█████    ▀███████████████▀▀        ▄███████████    ██▀   ▐████████████
██████▄     ▀▀███████▀▀         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀█████▌   ▐▀   ▄███▀▀   ▀█████
█████████▄▄     ▀▀███▄  ▄▄    ████▀    ▄   ███       ▄███▀   ▄█  ▐████
█████████████▄▄     ▀████▌   ▐███▀   ███   ██▌      ████    ██▀  █████
██████▀▀   ▀█████▄    ███    ████   ███▌  ▐██    ▌  ▐██▌      ▄▄██████
█████    ▄████████    ▐██    ██▀▀   ██▀   ▐▀    ▐█   ██▌   ▀██▀▀  ████
████▌   ▐████████▀    ███▄     ▄▄▄     ▄    ▄   ▐██   ██▄      ▄▄█████
████▌   ███████▀    ▄███████████████████████████████▄  ▀▀██████▀▀ ████
█████    ▀▀▀▀     ▄█████████▀    ▀█▀    ▀█       ▀████▄▄         ▄████
██████▄▄    ▄▄▄▄████████████  █████  ██  █  █  █  ████████████████████
█████████████████████████  █▄    ▄█▄    ▄█  █  █  ████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
slacker

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:49:16 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2013, 01:09:47 PM by slacker

I found a security hole:

Code:
         <!--[if lt IE 9]>
             <script src="http://html5shim.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/html5.js"></script>
         <![endif]-->

Anyone who run a tor exit node can change this script and make some bad things.

Also this:

Code:
 <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

is actually a link to Google (according to a Firefox browser):

Code:
http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.1/jquery.min.js

and not to

Code:
http://torbrokerge7zxgq.onion//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.1/jquery.min.js

as you may think.

Loading a JavaScript thought an insecure tor exit node can be very dangerous.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TmmYpaY6slI/UbhVt8gZ0ZI/AAAAAAAAADM/Tx_1waB_ozY/s1600/torbroker-bug-proof.png
tumak

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 10:51:19 AM

Regarding scam warnings:

If they're paying dividends (or even equity voting rights) for securities they're doing passthru for, it's legit.

Otherwise just another bucketshop.
slacker

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 11:09:37 AM

If they're paying dividends

I thought that bucket shops pay dividends... Can you point out one bucket shop that do not pay dividends?

(or even equity voting rights)

They cannot provide voting rights because if they do, they can expose themselves to the regulators.
tumak

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 11:51:40 AM

I thought that bucket shops pay dividends... Can you point out one bucket shop that do not pay dividends?

Then it's not a bucketshop, as far as user is concerned, it's a passthru, regardless of whether it's held or not - there is no difference to be told from the outside.

Usually one has to wait for large dividend which the bucketeer cannot cover from his profits, and at that moment they're exposed.

They cannot provide voting rights because if they do, they can expose themselves to the regulators.

That's why "even", but don't oversimplify, there are bearer instruments ...
slacker

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 12:06:52 PM

In order to prevent third parties from linking the trading activity at TorBroker to activity in the real markets, TorBroker will randomly split all orders up and execute these through different legal entities on different brokers.

How you resolve the problem with multiple fees you should pay for every transaction? For example if you split one order into 3 parts you should pay 3 times minimum fee required by the broker and the overall fee may exceed $10 (your fee).

Significant activity also allows us to subtract opposite customer positions from each other, obfuscating even further the origin of our activity in the regulated markets.

This will work only if you accumulate significant amount of customers (active traders).
slacker

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 12:11:06 PM

Usually one has to wait for large dividend which the bucketeer cannot cover from his profits, and at that moment they're exposed.

The real bucket shops can cover any amount of dividends because for every long position there is a corresponding short position. When someone is receiving dividend, other is paying dividend. For example when John has 100 long shares, Thomas has 100 short shares. Of course there is exceptions but statistically the profit from non-hedged big positions will be almost equal to the losses from non-hedged big positions.

The wise bucket shops will hedge too big positions that cannot be hedged within the bucket shop.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: