Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:12:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon chip orders  (Read 3704 times)
aTg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 12:25:23 AM

As I see it is difficult to contact BitSyncom LLC by other routes and there seems to be a lot of garbage to filter lately I decided to open a thread to purchase an order from 10,000 units.
Can also be useful to sets of orders from other forum members.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 02:20:23 AM

You plan to design your own Avalon clone? Are you located in North America by any chance?

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:24:04 AM

I think the market is crying out for a bite-sized product.  Maybe 10 chips making ~2.8GHps.

If you could license the submodule PCB design too you'd be most of the way there.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 02:28:18 AM

I definitely agree. A more affordable and less power hungry unit would be awesome. It would spread out ownership and hashing power and thus help to decentralize hashing power.

ursa

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:12:05 AM

Avalon Team,
Do you sell bare ASICS?
marra

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

I would also be interested in bulk of 10k chips.

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:13:18 AM

Read the F.A.Q

Is there any plan to sell just the ASIC themselves and let others build their own units?

Yes, if you are interested and are ready to purchase 10,000 chips or more. ( the 65Gh/s unit has 240 chips. ) Please contact init.d (at) bitsyn.com for more information.

I already sent email regarding this as am very much interested in this and getting a unit up and running later if people are wanting to do this to and invest in this as well as myself feel free to contact me with your proposal maybe work a deal out together.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
TwinTurbo

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:25:29 AM

I am also interested in this. I have not yet reached out to them, but this seems like a more reasonable route than designing from scratch. Perhaps a collaborative effort would be worthwhile. Either splitting of chip allotments or sharing of design tasks.
marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:34:50 AM

Read the F.A.Q

Is there any plan to sell just the ASIC themselves and let others build their own units?

Yes, if you are interested and are ready to purchase 10,000 chips or more. ( the 65Gh/s unit has 240 chips. ) Please contact init.d (at) bitsyn.com for more information.

I already sent email regarding this as am very much interested in this and getting a unit up and running later if people are wanting to do this to and invest in this as well as myself feel free to contact me with your proposal maybe work a deal out together.

Yep, I've sent them an mail, too, no response so far...

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:46:17 AM

Hey, someone make a 1 chip miner. I'll buy it, just so I'm doing my little part in further decentralizing the hashing / mining.

hardcore-fs

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2013, 09:47:41 AM

I think the market is crying out for a bite-sized product.  Maybe 10 chips making ~2.8GHps.

If you could license the submodule PCB design too you'd be most of the way there.

I think you are dreaming... with that sort of hashing power it is not going to be worth mining, by the time it hits the market the ROI is going to be way out there....

Even in the last two weeks, there has been a significant increase in difficulty  and I'm beginning to think that BFL is not going to ship any time soon, because they have the cash and the server farm  Idea they are floating , seems to beg that they will be mining with the product people have paid for.
At over $70 a BTC it is well worth it, then all they have to do is gradually release the product to the market once they have 'mined' with it , after all what can anyone do about it?

Did they already not state that there is going to be a 'phased' delivery and not a FIFO order book?
It all sounds like bullshit to hide exactly what they are shipping and the quantities they are self mining with.

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:57:14 AM

Alt-coins.... with smaller machines... I think you are overlooking the possibilities beyond bitcoin. http://dustcoin.com/mining A small machine might be just want people want.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
samborambo

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 10:56:32 AM

How about a USB stick miner? The current Avalon chip is less than 2.5W, the USB power limit. It's around 275MH/s and could probably be sold for less than $5 in quantity.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:32:48 AM

How about a USB stick miner? The current Avalon chip is less than 2.5W, the USB power limit. It's around 275MH/s and could probably be sold for less than $5 in quantity.
Dream on dude Smiley

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 01:04:49 PM

I'd personally like a 1.5 GH/s mini unit. What pools are supported by the Avalons? Or where would you recommend joining?

Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:27:14 PM

I'd personally like a 1.5 GH/s mini unit. What pools are supported by the Avalons? Or where would you recommend joining?

Why aim so low? A 10 GH/s device based on Avalon chips running at the same frequency as in their unit would utilize 37 of their chips @ roughly 60w of power consumption. Price that around $200-250 USD and compete with BFL's Jalapeno. At current prices, 10x difficulty(66,958,260) and 60w consumption you are looking at 0.0751 BTC/day or $5.85 USD/day(after power @ $0.15/kWh). That gives you a 45 day pay-off period for what is effectively a moderately priced consumer electronic.

I imagine such a unit would sell more easily than the full-blown Avalon due to much easier to accept pricing. Even at their old price of $1500 USD, that was no small bill to pay compared to $200-250. Just something to consider.
mrbrt

Activity: 707

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 02:45:39 PM

Why aim so low? A 10 GH/s device based on Avalon chips running at the same frequency as in their unit would utilize 37 of their chips @ roughly 60w of power consumption. Price that around $200-250 USD and compete with BFL's Jalapeno. At current prices, 10x difficulty(66,958,260) and 60w consumption you are looking at 0.0751 BTC/day or $5.85 USD/day(after power @ $0.15/kWh). That gives you a 45 day pay-off period for what is effectively a moderately priced consumer electronic.

I imagine such a unit would sell more easily than the full-blown Avalon due to much easier to accept pricing. Even at their old price of $1500 USD, that was no small bill to pay compared to $200-250. Just something to consider.

What is the time frame to get that to market, in your opinion? I'd be interested in a 10 gh/s device for mining alt-coins.
aTg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 12:00:21 AM

This is not to compete with Avalon, want the chips for their own consumption.
We have read the statements of BitSyncom saying that they will sell but in practice this does not sell, I'm trying to reach and no one listens to me, so I finally decided to do it publicly that seems to be the only way to contact.
I am shocked to read in some places that interest BitSyncom LLC is decentralized network, when really have centrallized as never before.

PD:All the people who are asking a PCB single-chip, in this market already exists, it is called ZTEX USB-FPGA Module 1.15x It has the same computing power than a single chip Avalon.
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 12:05:10 AM

What is the time frame to get that to market, in your opinion? I'd be interested in a 10 gh/s device for mining alt-coins.

No clue, forever if Avalon never actually sells any chips. From what everyone said about FPGAs I imagine a skilled person or two could whip up a PCB in short order. No clue what would be required to interface with the chips, likely an FPGA running some interfacing software. You would only be able to mine alt-coins that are forks of the BTC protocol.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2013, 01:29:00 AM

This is not to compete with Avalon, want the chips for their own consumption.
We have read the statements of BitSyncom saying that they will sell but in practice this does not sell, I'm trying to reach and no one listens to me, so I finally decided to do it publicly that seems to be the only way to contact.
I am shocked to read in some places that interest BitSyncom LLC is decentralized network, when really have centralized as never before.

True but I think we are seeing centralization only because the technology was so much more efficient.  You can't fault Avalon for that.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: