Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:57:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USDT - making inflation?  (Read 220 times)
Iykecolyno
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:28:16 PM

Usdt have always been a safe heaven during crypto recession, It makes hedging better
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 12:37:43 PM

I dont understanding with ecosystem of this crypto market , why Tether can printed USDT without any audit and comply AML,  Many youtuber said USDT fraud but i see all exchange offer trading pair USDT. I think we need others stable crypto that more legit like TUSD or DAI.
Don't pay attention to what biased YouTubers are saying, because in most cases they blindly rehash articles from the well known crypto news outlets.

If you want to buy yourself into USDT through Tether, you will be forced to walk yourself through their verification process. What you do with your USDT afterwards isn't their problem until you want to cash them out for USD.

What most people do to obtain USDT is buy whatever crypto through their local exchange, send it to Binance to have it sold for USDT. It's an easy and convenient way to avoid KYC/AML policies.

At the end of the day, we can't prove that USDT is fully backed, and we can't prove that it isn't fully backed. In other words, we can only hope that it doesn't implode one day in case it turns out they aren't backed at all.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
fritzpaulusha

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:18:21 PM

The printing of USDT allows BTC to grow; but I am afraid that sooner or later this support will cause a negative affect. (Like drugs)
Crypto Girl

Activity: 980
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 01:25:09 PM

what is Your opinion?

and as you can see more than a month has passed ever since you posted about that nonsense article on Reuters and nothing of sorts has happened.

Knowing Reuters, they actually a dumbass so forget it.

So if USDT has already backed by the money reserves then how come it will rise. One USDT is equivalent of one dollar so does it mean that the value of one dollar is increasing that's why USDT will inflate? Is that so? I doubt it. USDT will be remai a stable coin and will be just the same as it was.

I use this provider to trade Cryptos : Bitcoin Revolution
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 09:49:26 AM

USDT have rate around $0.99 to $1 so will be the same like $USD that possible making inflation, all stable coin and fiat currency will making inflation, my local fiat currency making inflation about 4% every years. Only some asset that will not making inflation like gold and strong fundamental stock, example stock of Apple and also Bitcoin in the long term.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 04:05:32 PM

I dont understanding with ecosystem of this crypto market , why Tether can printed USDT without any audit and comply AML,  Many youtuber said USDT fraud but i see all exchange offer trading pair USDT. I think we need others stable crypto that more legit like TUSD or DAI.
Don't pay attention to what biased YouTubers are saying, because in most cases they blindly rehash articles from the well known crypto news outlets.

If you want to buy yourself into USDT through Tether, you will be forced to walk yourself through their verification process. What you do with your USDT afterwards isn't their problem until you want to cash them out for USD.

What most people do to obtain USDT is buy whatever crypto through their local exchange, send it to Binance to have it sold for USDT. It's an easy and convenient way to avoid KYC/AML policies.

At the end of the day, we can't prove that USDT is fully backed, and we can't prove that it isn't fully backed. In other words, we can only hope that it doesn't implode one day in case it turns out they aren't backed at all.
Totally right, although recently, there has been some discussions regarding the team claiming during the recent proposal to audit that the USDT market is backed by real dollars available in a certain bank account and I guess like you said, the only thing we can hope is to just assume that to be true but as it is, I just want to believe that assumptions rule this market.

People are always bound to want to believe whatever that just comes to head which is why sometimes, paying attention to news and rather looking for facts on your own is always a better way to go.
fordsons

Activity: 92
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

USDT have rate around $0.99 to $1 so will be the same like $USD that possible making inflation, all stable coin and fiat currency will making inflation, my local fiat currency making inflation about 4% every years. Only some asset that will not making inflation like gold and strong fundamental stock, example stock of Apple and also Bitcoin in the long term.
Well, bitcoin will always remain deflationary in the long run and that is what makes it tick anyway. Stable coins are controlled and it is normal to see over printing of them most of the time, but according to tether team, this has not been so as they stated the Tether is fully backed by real USD and that hopefully should douse the tension of USDT imploding one day. I guess at this stage we just have to see how things go but for now, USDT making inflation sounds not it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: