Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:40:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AppCoin] 1 week left to become a promoter.  (Read 2569 times)
Joint Force (OP)

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 11:36:50 PM

Where is the smart contract being used in this situation?

There's no smart contracts yet. Those will come out in 6 to 12 months and is part of the 2nd phase towards decentralization. I haven't decided on a code base yet.

I'm considering:

IBM HyperLedger
Eris Tendermint
Ethereum 2.0 PoS
Synereo

But of course another platform may come out that's better then all those.

At first the bitcoin blockchain and counterparty will secure the only digital asset. I'll begin a new blockchain and that digital asset will be moved over into the genesis block.

Last I checked the definition of a DApp was an App that utilizes smart contracts so... no smart contracts means.. :^)

DApp means decentralized application

Yes, decentralized application. The App is a traditional centralized mobile app. It's quite popular. The transition to 100% decentralized is going to take many years. I haven't been impressed with any blockchain enough to go ahead and start using it for this project. In my mind this is a huge benefit for the platform. I can work away perfecting the UX experience and then plug in the backend blockchain and reputation systems once they're more mature and scalable.

Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:39:02 PM

There's no smart contracts yet. Those will come out in 6 to 12 months and is part of the 2nd phase towards decentralization. I haven't decided on a code base yet.

I'm considering:

IBM HyperLedger
Eris Tendermint
Ethereum 2.0 PoS
Synereo

At first the bitcoin blockchain and counterparty will secure the only digital asset. I'll begin a new blockchain and that digital asset will be moved over into the genesis block.

Last I checked the definition of a DApp was an App that utilizes smart contracts so... no smart contracts means.. :^)

No shit, I swear these forums lowers my IQ. They're decentralized by using smart contracts as a form of execution plan or data storage. Where do you draw the line in whats a decentralized app and isn't? If I make a mine sweeper game where when you submit your score to the server that data is held in ETH Smart contract is my mine sweeper game a Dapp?

The whole term Dapp and Smart Contract are very misleading in a sense
Joint Force (OP)

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 11:59:47 PM

I'm considering:

IBM HyperLedger
Eris Tendermint
Ethereum 2.0 PoS
Synereo

No shit, I swear these forums lowers my IQ. They're decentralized by using smart contracts as a form of execution plan or data storage. Where do you draw the line in whats a decentralized app and isn't? If I make a mine sweeper game where when you submit your score to the server that data is held in ETH Smart contract is my mine sweeper game a Dapp?

The whole term Dapp and Smart Contract are very misleading in a sense

My plan is to move to a DApp. One of the most useful parts of the DApp will be that you actually own the digital assets in it. You can remove them from the DApp and do what you want with them. This would be useful for any video game. I would love to own my pokemon and be able to sell them on an exchange.

The main thing that no one has been able to solve is "spam prevention". This'll probably be the big delay in moving to fully decentralized. You can imagine how many people would try to spam a fake high score in your mine sweeper game or submit 100,000,000 different high scores. I'll be relying on centralized spam prevention to make sure no one goes and messages every post on the network.

Joint Force (OP)

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 12:04:09 AM

This DApp will be there at the front of the pack ready to improve with all blockchain and reputation systems that come out.

Joint Force (OP)

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2016, 12:14:35 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 12:25:26 AM by Joint Force

I'll probably have 2 ways to interact with the system in the near future.

1 way will be free and semi-centralized and the other will have micropayments and be decentralized.

This will also help my current users of the app learn more about decentralized apps.

Something that a lot of people don't understand is using a decentralized network is extremely difficult for a user. They also need access to a node which then costs money. I could see a lot of users opting to use the free semi-centralized service instead of the decentralized service. Advertisers will need to use the decentralized advertising token to advertise on the DApp.

compmaster

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 12:35:49 AM

1 way will be free and semi-centralized and the other will have micropayments and be decentralized.

This will also help my current users of the app learn more about decentralized apps.

Something that a lot of people don't understand is using a decentralized network is extremely difficult for a user. They also need access to a node which then costs money. I could see a lot of users opting to use the free semi-centralized service instead of the decentralized service. Advertisers will need to use the decentralized advertising token to advertise on the DApp.

If mobile apps need to offer both a semi-centralized and decentralized option then this project already has half of the puzzle solved.
hankman

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 07:53:29 AM

If mobile apps need to offer both a semi-centralized and decentralized option then this project already has half of the puzzle solved.

Interesting stuff. Semi decentralized. You get the benefits of both sides!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: